SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NBC Nightly News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: NBC Nightly News Reply with quote

Did I just hear Brian Williams and Andrea Mitchell (NBC Nightly news)compare the people who fought for our freedom in 1776 to the revolutionaries in Iran? According to Williams and Mitchell the fools who took our Marines, embassy staff, and other civilians, and held them as hostages would be viewed in the same light as Washington, Jefferson, Adams. Please tell me I am wrong.

Nightly@NBC.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NBC Nightly News Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
Did I just hear Brian Williams and Andrea Mitchell (NBC Nightly news)compare the people who fought for our freedom in 1776 to the revolutionaries in Iran? According to Williams and Mitchell the fools who took our Marines, embassy staff, and other civilians, and held them as hostages would be viewed in the same light as Washington, Jefferson, Adams. Please tell me I am wrong.

Nightly@NBC.com

This country is headed towards a civil war. With all the sympathies towards the terrorists we are in real trouble. Their comments are disgusting and they reflect the majority of the left and the way they want this country to go. It will all implode one of these days, it is a matter of when. As I read at another forum, the America we know will be gone, and the America the left wants will be run by the likes of these terrorists and jihadists. Confused
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: NBC Nightly News Reply with quote

doll wrote:
1AD wrote:

Nightly@NBC.com

This country is headed towards a civil war. With all the sympathies towards the terrorists we are in real trouble. Their comments are disgusting and they reflect the majority of the left and the way they want this country to go. It will all implode one of these days, it is a matter of when. As I read at another forum, the America we know will be gone, and the America the left wants will be run by the likes of these terrorists and jihadists. Confused

Not to worry............There will be no civil war with the lefties!
1. They have no core values worth going to war for, most of their adherents will flee for Canada, and the ones left will only vote for the war before they vote against it.
2. Even if they do manage to get up an war, their leaders will immediately call for an "exit strategy' which includes a date certain for withdrawal, so we just wait'em out.
3. Their attention span is only about 10 minutes, after that they won't remember what it was they were fighting for.
4. They don't believe in guns, so they will be the worst armed army in history and the worst at hitting what they aim at.
5. ..................oh, well, you get the idea.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are heading for some sort of showdown Doll. The hate and viciousness of the left for America is rivaling that of the Jihadist.
This cannont continue without something happening. Like Kerry and the VVAW during the Vietnam confliict they will soon be actively feeding information to Al Quada to be used against their own country. They are already giving them public support and plenty of recruiting help.
Sick, sick, sick.

Dusty
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic:
1AD said
Quote:

I didn't see the broadcast, but Rush just mentioned it today. He said he has the tape of Williams' remarks. He is going to play it, coming up.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingrahm covered it this morning. William's mid-day blog remarked that the idea for the comment had come out of a staff meeting.

The analogy is false on too many points to pass a float test. Of the 'Founding Fathers' that made it to the Presidency only Washington (and VP Burr) wore a uniform or fought in the Revolution. Adams, Jefferson, Monroe etc were in Congess or Governors during the war. Only a 16 old Andy Jackson had any association with irrgular military units (the southern campaign saw vicious partisan action between Whigs, and Tories with brigands taking advantage of the disorder).

Save for Georgia, the Carolinas and Indian campaigns in the Old Northwest revolutionary 'terrorism' fairly limited itself to burning the homes of the King's representitives and tarring and feathering those tax collectors they got their hands on. They did not commit indiscriminate murder on innocent parties nor hold hostage third party nationals.

Despite the lack of pay, an incompetent congress, dismal military performance, a want of food and basic supplies the 'Continentals' soldiered on for individual liberty and to end the last pernicious legacies of monarchism and ecclesiastic authority. The had a firm belief in a supreme being and didn't need government to tell them what it was. Enforcing sharia would have been anethema.

-Wlm Shakespeare

Last edited by I B Squidly on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush did play the tape. Indeed, Williams said our early Presidents may have been called 'terrorists' at that time.
Rush just chuckled, saying this reaching for moral equivalence by the Libs
just makes you want to scratch your head!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sickening Moral Equivalence From
NBC Anchor Brian Williams

http://www.mrc.org/realitycheck/2005/fax20050701.asp

Evil or Very Mad
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the ratings drop over the next few weeks at NBC News. Each time they show just how liberal they really are flyover country turns the channel.

I can just imagine the conversation around the dining table: "I just can't watch this stuff anymore. I'm calling that dish company today".

Eventually the networks will die a death of their own creation much like the print media demise we are witnessing.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams should read the best seller "1776." George Washington and his Army were fighting overwhelming British land and sea forces. The honor with which our forces fought is clear -- even the "Blame America First" crowd would have to agree.

Nalt
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian is a basically bright guy, but it sure seems like the Kool Aid is neutralizing brain cells and making him a true Lib mouthpiece. Too bad, he almost had potential OUAT. Rolling Eyes Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: