SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawrence O'Donnell: "It was Rove"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Lawrence O'Donnell: "It was Rove" Reply with quote

Just caught this on Drudge...

Quote:
Lawrence O'Donnel on McLaughlin Group: 'I'm probably gonna get pulled into the grand jury for saying this, but it will be revealed in Cooper's notes that it is Karl Rove who leaked Plame's identity'... Developing...

DrudgeReport

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:26 am; edited 2 times in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, we all know how honest O'Donnel is Rolling Eyes

Let me guess, he has the "memo" on this. Got it from a Kinkos in San Antonio Laughing
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just conjecture, but it might help to explain Time's apparent rollover on the sacrosanct journalistic commandment, "thou shalt not rat out an anonymous source." Simply further evidence that ideology now rules the roost in elite "journalism's" code of ethics.

Serving up Carl Rove's head would be irresistable to this bunch.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people are Deathly afraid of Mr. Karl Rove Twisted Evil

Mwaahaahhaa the Evil Karl Rove Twisted Evil Mwaahaahaa

L. O'Donell isn't he the screamer that bellowed at John O'Neill "Liar!, Liar!, Liar!" every time Mr. O'Neill opened his mouth to breathe - O'Donell screamed "Thats a Lie!" "Your a Lieing liar that lies !"

Quote:
Let me guess, he has the "memo" on this. Got it from a Kinkos in San Antonio

Yeah , they are probably making those documents look more authentic right now Laughing
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1, when I first read this I thought "Oh sure, like I would believe
that screaming Lib, Lawrence O'Donnell!!"

But then I remembered hearing that Bob Novak was exempted because he is cooperating with the Grand Jury. He said he would be explaining it all in a future column. Hmmm, I wonder.

But it doesn't make sense that a couple of Lib reporters would face jailtime, rather than expose Rove. I would think they would be delighted to expose him.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawrence O'Donnell is a certified member of the looney left. I caught the program when was on MSNBC's Scarborough Country with John O'Neill and substitute host Pat Buchanan.
Pat had asked John something and he was attempting to speak, while O'Donnell screamed "LIAR" and "CREEP" over and over at him totally drowning out whatever it was he was saying. O'Donnell was completely over the edge and acting like a crazy man.
I looked for a link to the video, but apparently it has been removed from all the sites, cause every link I found took me to a "cannot be displayed" page.
Michelle Malkin has a pic and some remarks on it on her Blog site here.
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000699.htm
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:

But it doesn't make sense that a couple of Lib reporters would face jailtime, rather than expose Rove. I would think they would be delighted to expose him.

Shawa, if I understand the journalistic credo, it would make perfect sense were these normal times. "Anonymous sources" and "off the record" are the lifeblood of traditional journalism and are (were) guarded with a zealotry that would expect jail time rather than acquiescence. Hence the outrage of Sulzberger of the NYT at Time's surrender of a time honored principle.

BTW, I might not be up to speed on this, but I believe the NYT is still holding firm on Judith Miller's refusing to cooperate with the GJ?

on edit: Re-thinking this, do you think, perhaps, the NYT and Time-Warner drew straws? (Assuming, of course, that O'Donnell's claim is accurate)
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1 wrote
Quote:
it would make perfect sense were these normal times

Were these normal times of TRADITIONAL journalism it would make perfect sense to me. But we all know that today's journalists have had one unifying purpose--to destroy George Bush. Hell, the NYT and CBS have tried to make up a new 'scandal' every week for the last two years, journalistic integrity be damned. If they had something on Rove, they would be shouting it from the rooftops, not protecting a source who they loathe and would love to destroy. Altruism is just not a part of today's journalism.

It may well be Rove, as I alluded to above re Bob Novak gave me real pause to wonder. But logic tells me that in these less-than-normal times if these reporters had the opportunity to embarrass this Administration and drive Karl Rove from the Whitehouse, they would not sit on it for all this time. I'm not arguing with you, there is just something wrong with this picture.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
If they had something on Rove, they would be shouting it from the rooftops, not protecting a source who they loathe and would love to destroy.

I dunno...were that the case, they could have done so over a year ago. I think their obsession with getting Rove has just outdistanced their journalistic credo. (Again, assuming O'Donnell is correct)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Liberal Online Magazine, maybe this article from last year will shed a little light on this;

Quote:
Plugging Leaks
More details emerge on the Plame investigation, as Karl Rove's testimony is revealed for the first time.
By Murray S. Waas
Web Exclusive: 3.8.04

President Bush's chief political adviser, Karl Rove, told the FBI in an interview last October that he circulated and discussed damaging information regarding CIA operative Valerie Plame with others in the White House, outside political consultants, and journalists, according to a government official and an attorney familiar with the ongoing special counsel's investigation of the matter.

But Rove also adamantly insisted to the FBI that he was not the administration official who leaked the information that Plame was a covert CIA operative to conservative columnist Robert Novak last July. Rather, Rove insisted, he had only circulated information about Plame after it had appeared in Novak's column. He also told the FBI, the same sources said, that circulating the information was a legitimate means to counter what he claimed was politically motivated criticism of the Bush administration by Plame's husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson.

Rest of Article

Could this be what O'Donnel is blabbering on about?
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally they were out to get Rove and Novak. Novak had said that Valerie's entre to Georgetown parties was her work with the CIA. The nepotism of hiring her 'smell me husband' wasn't to be noticed....and it wouldn't have been if it weren't so friggin obvious.

Who's surprised? Eight months after the Impeachment it was ajudicated that Starr hadn't leaked. That left only the Clinton lawyers but ohhh.....

-Wlm Shakespeare
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really conflicted on this, I remember when this all happened, Novak said he was trying to find out WHY the CIA would send Joe Wilson (of all people) to Niger to investigate the claim that Saddam tried to buy yellow cake uranium from Niger. Why Joe Wilson, who certainly had no credentials to be an investigator? Why not an agent? I had the same question in my own mind.

Anyway, Novak said he talked to someone in government, I don't think he specifically said the Whitehouse, and in the conversation a reference was made that Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame worked at the CIA. Novak said this was known all around Washington, no big secret, right? So he mentioned it in his column the next day, and all hell breaks loose.

Was Karl Rove his source? Was it someone in the Whitehouse, the CIA. the State Department? Novak certainly has contacts all over Washington.

Last edited by shawa on Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, the 911 Commission Report found Joe Wilson to be dishonest and discredited his testimony.

Quote:
NEW YORK - This writer went to some detail long ago to point out the very specific nature of why it was reasonable to doubt the trust-worthiness of one Joseph Wilson. But two things have hit him hard in recent days.

1)The British government's independent investigation into the Iraq/Africa uranium connection confirmed President Bush's claims on Iraq seeking nuclear material.

2) The bi-partisan [b]9/11 Commission's report pointed out Wilson's dishonesty about the assessment of the information in Niger, but also his lies about how he achieved the post in the first place.

The Washington Post reported that Joseph Wilson, according to the 9/11 Commission report findings WAS recommended for the job by his wife - CIA employee Valerie Plame. Wilson had denied any such connection and asked all to believe that the CIA had simply spontaneously desired Wilson to be assigned the Niger fact finding mission.[/b]

According to the Washington Post: "The report states that a CIA official told the Senate committee that Plame "offered up" Wilson's name for the Niger trip, then on Feb. 12, 2002, sent a memo to a deputy chief in the CIA's Directorate of Operations saying her husband "has good relations with both the PM [prime minister] and the former Minister of Mines (not to mention lots of French contacts), both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity." The next day, the operations official cabled an overseas officer seeking concurrence with the idea of sending Wilson, the report said.

Wilson has asserted that his wife was not involved in the decision to send him to Niger."

After Wilson returned he shopped himself similar to a cheap woman of the night to the network television networks in order to criticize the President's State of the Union Address.

Wilson asserted that in President Bush's address when the President referred to the Iraqi regime attempting to purchase "uranium from Africa", that Bush was referring exclusively to Wilson's fact finding mission. The President did not refer to Wilson or to Niger directly in the text of his speech.

The appearance that was left on the American public was one of dishonesty - but it was dishonesty of Wilson - NOT BUSH.

Multiple African nations have since reported attempts from the Iraqi regime to seek uranium. Last week the British investigation into the Niger case specifically led the investigators to reiterate the British position (from which they had never waivered) - Saddam DID try to buy uranium from Niger. The 9/11 report casts significant doubt over ALL of Wilson's "findings" in Niger.

Joe Wilson wrote that his trip to Niger had basically consisted of meeting with Niger officials and drinking lots of mint juleps.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1169424/posts
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Karl Rove want to talk to either of these clowns in the first place and if he did why would he leak something potentially damaging to himself?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused Confused Confused Confused
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDITOR & PUBLISHER

Quote:
MSNBC Analyst Says Cooper Documents Reveal Karl Rove as Source in Plame Case

By E&P Staff

Published: July 01, 2005 11:30 PM ET

NEW YORK Now that Time Inc. has turned over documents to federal court, presumably revealing who its reporter, Matt Cooper, identified as his source in the Valerie Plame/CIA case, speculation runs rampant on the name of that source, and what might happen to him or her. Tonight, on the syndicated McLaughlin Group political talk show, Lawrence O'Donnell, senior MSNBC political analyst, claimed to know that name--and it is, according to him, top White House mastermind Karl Rove.

Here is the transcript of O'Donnell's remarks:

"What we're going to go to now in the next stage, when Matt Cooper's e-mails, within Time Magazine, are handed over to the grand jury, the ultimate revelation, probably within the week of who his source is.

"And I know I'm going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this but the source of...for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove, and that will be revealed in this document dump that Time magazine's going to do with the grand jury."

Other panelists then joined in discussing whether, if true, this would suggest a perjury rap for Rove, if he told the grand jury he did not leak to Cooper.

Cooper and New York Times reporter Judith Miller, held in contempt for refusing to name sources, tried Friday to stay out of jail by arguing for home detention instead after Time Inc. surrendered its reporter's notes to a prosecutor.

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., said Friday that several unidentified Senate Republicans had placed a hold on a proposed resolution declaring support for Miller and Cooper.

``Cowards!'' Lautenberg said of the Republicans. ``Under the rules, they have a right to refuse to reveal who they are. Sound familiar?''

Lautenberg's resolution is co-sponsored by Sens. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) and Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.) It says no purpose is served by imprisoning Miller and Cooper and that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of the press.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: