SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Bush Will Leave His Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: President Bush Will Leave His Mark Reply with quote

President Bush finds himself in a very unique Presidential situation; the possibility of appointing to the Supreme Court a new Chief Justice (CJ) and two Associate Justices (AJ) during his final term. His nominees will shape the complexion of the court for decades to come.

Justice O’Connor’s retirement announcement has unleashed a firestorm from the liberal left in an attempt to guide a Bush nominee in their favor. The liberal machine has kicked into high gear with offensive strikes before a nominee is set forth. Senator Kennedy and Clinton have already voiced the opinions fed to them by the liberal machines.

I would wager CJ Rehnquist will announce his retirement shortly after a new AJ is confirmed for O’Connor. AJ Scalia is the most likely replacement for CJ Rehnquist elevating him to the top spot would allow another AJ to be nominated.

The Wild Card appointment of AJ nominees would be if the eldest member of the Supreme Court AJ Stevens leaves the SC for some reason during a Bush final term. AJ Stevens has been a disappointment to conservatives with his continued support of liberal decisions. AJ Stevens is eighty-five and not looking so well these days.

Whatever happens, President Bush will leave a conservative court that interprets the constitution while not legislating it. Carry on Mr. President.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The libs may have a total breakdown over all this. This is getting real interesting watching them squirm and squall.
Personally, I'm enjoying it immensly. The Commiecrats are suffering a major setback to their agenda.
Sorry to all my Democrat buddies for the Commiecrat moniker but until ya'll get together with folks like Zell Miller and take your party back from the Communists I got to call em like I see em.

Dusty
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
The libs may have a total breakdown over all this. This is getting real interesting watching them squirm and squall.
Personally, I'm enjoying it immensly. The Commiecrats are suffering a major setback to their agenda.
Sorry to all my Democrat buddies for the Commiecrat moniker but until ya'll get together with folks like Zell Miller and take your party back from the Communists I got to call em like I see em.

Dusty

Just thought that beared repeating...Cool

Like you I look forward to every day's 'major setback' by the bin Durbins, New Yuk Times, SeeBS, Kerry/Klinton/Kennedys, RINOs, along with every day's 'major success' stories in Iraq, the White House, Swifties, the economy, etc....Yep, so far, looks like there is a God!

Deuce
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am looking forward to the filibuster moves from the commiecrats and I hope there are enough cajones on the conservative side to hold it up to the public as what it really is, not wuss out like before. Make them shut the government down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: