SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraqi citizens March Against Terror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Iraqi citizens March Against Terror Reply with quote

Stryker Brigade News
Quote:
Iraqi citizens March Against Terror
(TFF Press Release)

MOSUL, IRAQ (July 2, 2005) – Over 1,000 citizens and 500 Iraqi Police from numerous villages in southern Ninewah Province participated in a historic event today. This was the first March Against Terrorism and was conducted in the town of Qayyarah south of Mosul today. This was a strong demonstration which indicated citizens have had enough.

Many influential sheiks, mukhtars and imams took the lead to support and rally together citizens from all backgrounds, including Arabs and a large contingent of Kurds from east of the Tigris.

Following the march, many of the participants rallied together near a school and continued to demonstrate further resolve while the organizers participated in post-march interviews. Eighteen media members, both international and Iraqi, covered the march.

The March Against Terrorism concept came from over 500 sheiks, imams, and government officials at a regional security meeting. They felt there was a need to demonstrate that the people and leaders of Ninewah are not afraid. The large turn out for this event proved that there are many who appose the terrorist in their communities. Participation in this type of march shows that terrorism will lose out to the will of the people.

The Iraqi Army and police force took the lead in providing a safe and secure environment, which helped to make the March a large success and went off without incident.

Governor Kashmoula has voiced his strong support for such events and encouraged other cities and villages in Ninewah Province to band together and voice their protest against terrorism in a similar manner.

probably didn't need to post this-- you all read about this in the MSN....right? Rolling Eyes
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on Kate, wall to wall coverage on MSN...lol! Thanks for posting it. Laughing
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate said:
Quote:
-- you all read about this in the MSN....right?

Yes of course I did, I live on the Eastern shore, one step away from OZ and the Emerald realm of dan Rathers lack of scholorship.

I want to go to Iraq.
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the article. Smile
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes !!!! thanks for the article, I did not see nor read about this no where else.

Thanks again.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, let me add my thanks for adding this website to my bookmarks. It's terrific...and here's a great post from today...

Quote:
July 04, 2005
A letter from home

A StrykerNews.com reader posted this letter in our "Thank You" topic area. I've copied it here for greater visibility. Perhaps this will be an incentive for all of you to post a thank you note to our soldiers on this Independence Day.

On July 4, 2005, "Maine Stryker Mom" wrote:

Quote:
[just a 'letter from home' to share with all who wished they'd received one today]

Good morning Son,

It's 6am on the Fourth of July, I was up before 5am and sitting on the deck listening to the quiet of the woods and the birds singing as the sun came up. Dad mowed the lawn yesterday and it looked so green and lush because of all the rain we've had - not as beautiful as you keep yours at home in Ft. Lewis, but pretty nice. We are looking forward to the usual Bath Heritage Days parade, Art in the Park, the carnival and fireworks. I can't help wish that you, JoAnne and the children were here to enjoy the day with us all....but you and your team are putting your lives on the line to win peace and independence for another nation and to keep this nation safer, and so many of your friends, teachers, acquaintances and strangers send you and all the troops their thanks, wish you well and hope & pray that you stay safe 'til you're home again.

If keeping you in our thoughts could put a safety bubble around you - you know you wouldn't have a thing to worry about!

There are many differences of opinion on whether this war should continue with our soldiers in it, however there is never a lack of support for our soldiers who are there. You have 100% support from the people of the good ol' U.S of A.

As we watch the Phippsburg Elementary [sitting] Band go by later today, with the same music teacher who taught you drums, we'll remember and laugh at that first time 20 years ago when dad quickly ran to Rogers Hardware before the start of the parade and built the safety trestle on the back of that first float to keep you and your classmates from falling off as it jerked to a the stop/start of those marching ahead, and I walked the parade at the back of the float - just to make sure none of you came to harm! [Wish I could do the same for your Stryker - now there's a thought to make you smile!]

Dad and I hold you in our hearts and thoughts always, we are very proud of the man you have become.
All our love,

mom
Stryker Brigade News
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: