SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Report: Islamic Group Claims London Blasts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Report: Islamic Group Claims London Blasts Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161775,00.html

CAIRO, Egypt — "A group calling itself "The Secret Organization of Al Qaeda in Europe" has posted a claim of responsibility for the series of blasts in London, saying they were in retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The statement was published on a Web site popular with Islamic militants, according to Der Spiegel magazine in Berlin, which republished the text on its own Web site.

"Rejoice, Islamic nation. Rejoice, Arab world. The time has come for vengeance against the Zionist crusader government of Britain in response to the massacres Britain committed in Iraq and Afghanistan," said the statement, which was translated by The Associated Press in Cairo."

More at above link:
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bastards ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAKE NO PRISONERS.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to diminish the outrage over this, but I think some perspective is needed here. This is a taste of what Israel has been living with for 50 years on a regular diet.

Wake UP Europe!
Tanya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050707/ap_on_re_eu/britain_explosion

Four London Blasts Kill 40, Injure 300

LONDON - "Three blasts rocked the London subway and one tore open a packed double-decker bus during the morning rush hour Thursday, sending bloodied victims fleeing in what a shaken Prime Minister Tony Blair called "barbaric" terrorist attacks. A U.S. law enforcement official said at least 40 people were killed and London hospitals reported more than 300 injured "
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like about six blasts.

Tony Blair's statement:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1684311,00.html
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I don't want to diminish the outrage over this, but I think some perspective is needed here. This is a taste of what Israel has been living with for 50 years on a regular diet.

Wake UP Europe!

nice post me#
we still have half of america sleeping on this as well.
Tanya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al-Qaida Tells Islam to 'Rejoice' Over Bombing

~snip~
"In the new statement, the group said "the heroic mujahedeen carried out a blessed attack in London, and now Britain is burning with fear and terror, from north to south, east to west."

"We warned the British government and the British people repeatedly. We have carried out our promise and carried out a military attack in Britain after great efforts by the heroic mujahedeen over a long period to ensure its success."

"We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all crusader governments that they will receive the same punishment if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan," the statement went on.

It was signed "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe."

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/7/7/91358.shtml

Evil or Very Mad
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote:
"...and now Britain is burning with fear and terror, from north to south, east to west."

I'd surmise this overlooks one other item Britain is burning with...
          F R E E D O M
Tanya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIA Expert: Attacks Ominous Sign for U.S.

"A former CIA expert says the London bombings that hit Thursday are an "ominous sign" for America

Michael Scheuer, a 22 yr veteran analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency told NPR radio this morning that the London bombings are clearly the work of "al-Qaida or an al-Qaida carbon copy."

Scheuer noted that Britain has a far more sophisticated internal police and security system than the U.S. He suggested that if British security had failed to detect such a major, coordinated attack, America may be at far more risk."

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/7/7/84638.shtml
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the scumball Iranian mullahs are as nervous as thier goats? Wink
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That news max article is quoting a rather unsuccessful intelligence operative who's bread and butter these days seems to be, like Richard Clark, playing 'peanut gallery' to the managers of the war on terror.

He makes his money running down a operation that he failed at himself.
Read the whole article.... If he was with CIA 22 years and on the 'bin laden/al queda' task force, where's his explanation about the total failure of the Clinton administrations eight years of doing nothing before 9/11

Amazon. com reviews of the above cited 'expert':

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/1574888498/ref=dp_proddesc_0/103-1919980-6252657?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=283155

Quote:
Hawks will squirm as the author heaps contempt on U.S. missions in Afghanistan (too little, too late) and Iraq ("a sham causing more instability than it prevents")

Quote:
From Bookmarks Magazine
Anonymous author of 2002’s Through Our Enemies’ Eyes headed the CIA’s bin Laden unit between 1996 and 1999, but has little to say about his experience there.Instead, he’s saved his venom for recent CIA leadership and American administrations, whose hubris has blinded them—us—to increasing threats from the “Islamic insurgency.” Despite concealing his sources and lumping all Muslims together, Anonymous offers persuasive reasons for why we’re losing the war on terror. He debunks the idea that bin Laden is a marginalized terrorist; most Muslims instead see him as a “practical warrior.” And he offers compelling evidence for why we should fight the insurgents with ideas, not weapons. This authoritative book will stand out among its peers for its sheer intelligence and terrifying questions. (See our previous round-up of books on terrorism and Iraq, “Rethinking Iraq,” July/Aug 2004.)

I don't give a French rat's derriere what that guy has to say. Tell it to Michael Moore.

Pray for the Brits.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around on the aljazeera english site this morning (I won't put the link here, but it's easy to find in a search) and they were quoting Richard 'not so sharp' Clark. I guess abc pays him as a consultant? Well, if Aljazeera chooses to quote you, then you need to look hard at what team you are supporting.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Rdtf and it is pathetic. The Britts handled this sad day extroardinarily well and the support was great. Very well thought out and planned. Executed excellently.

I loath these terror mongors. They are lowest of the low. No morals or conscience. They are like seething animals not caring who or what they devour.

My heart goes out to the victims families and my prayers for their comfort and the injured to recover. Sad day. Sad

Also this was an interesting find:

REPORT: One UK Homicide Bomber Was Recent GITMO Release
7 July 2005; 12:54 ET: Preliminary reports from a source inside the Pentagon indicate that one of the operatives involved in this morning's bombings in London was recently released from the prison at Guantanamo. DEVELOPING…

Homeland Security US

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a first

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161773,00.html

Quote:
At the State Department, a British flag was run up a flagpole outside the diplomatic entrance and then lowered to half-staff by two uniformed guards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: