SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to 'blow some minds'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Going to 'blow some minds' Reply with quote

Ted Nugent running for Governor of Michigan???
This would be such a hoot!!
Ted's Michigan home is only a few miles from me here in mid-Michigan.
His public persona is a "wild man', but he is a very rock solid Conservative and patriot, and he might do real well in the Governor's office. Certainly would have a lot more smarts than our current Governor, the CLUELESS Jennifer Granholm, who was the up and coming star at the Dem Convention. While most state's economies are growing and flourishing, she is taking Michigan right down the tubes! Taxing everything in sight, increasing regulations on business, driving jobs out of the state. Our unemployment rate has gone up continuously since she took office.
GO TED!!

Corpus Christi Times-Caller
Quote:
Going to 'blow some minds'
Nugent brings his fired up tour to Concrete Street on Saturday
By Cassandra Hinojosa Caller-Times
July 8, 2005

Just a friendly word of caution — the outspoken Motor City Madman Ted Nugent is more fired up than ever and ready to deliver his "tsunami of rhythm and blues" to Corpus Christi on Saturday.

His new tour "Uncle Ted Tour 2005 Remember the Alamo" kicks off today in Kansas City, Mo., benefiting the heroes of uso.org and injuredsoldiers.net.

Besides a gift of bold articulateness, the guitar showman has written for more than 40 publications and is author of "God, Guns and Rock n’ Roll," "Kill It and Grill It" and the newly released "BloodTrails II." He’s serving his fourth term on the National Rifle Association’s board of directors, and is president of the Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America. And if that wasn’t enough, his No. 1 voted hunting show "Spirit of the Wild" on the Outdoor Channel (Time Warner Cable digital channel 393) just started its new season June 28.

So you might wonder, what is Nugent looking forward to the most on his latest tour?

~snip~
Aside from music, Nugent has a passion for hunting, a trait instilled in him by his father while growing up in Michigan.
His political standpoint also has gained much attention.

"In order to fulfill those responsibilities, you have to be a hands-on, ‘we the people’ activist. Politics is the system by which policies are determined and ? I believe that it’s inescapable that we all have a responsibility to be involved."

The road less traveled just won’t do it for Nugent. His exhaustive list of accomplishments includes supporting Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Big Brothers & Big Sisters and National Wildlife Federation, as well as more than 30 others.

"We’re increasing my involvement on all fronts," he said. "My writing, my television production, the touring, the recording, the children’s charities, my involvement with important organizations. But I’m getting real close to deciding to run for governor of Michigan and that will be determined here with in the next few weeks. That will blow some minds."

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jesse "the Body Rolling Eyes " Ventura can be elected Governor, anyone can. Laughing Wink
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse was a symbol here in Minnesota that we were tired of the same corruption, constant new taxes and wasted money. Jesse talked big, came into the state and assumed a large surplus, gave it back to the people and even called them Jesse checks. The he sided with the liberals on everything and drove us deep into debt screaming it wasn't his fault.
He is the biggest phony ever in MN, and I am glad he is gone. All he did was exploit his position for personal gain. He is not a dumb man, he has throughout his career made a lot of money being a failue or quitter at everything he ever tried. For those of you not from Minnesota, things he accomplished were lowering the car registration based on value, helping him with his Porsches and Hummers(3). He tried to stop the fee for registering jet skis (he had 6), but wanted to increase snowmobile fees cause he hated em. He tried to get the state to pay his wife a salary of 90K a year to be first lady, and then allowed his 20 something son to throw huge keg parties in the mansion, charging the beer to the state and using the staff to take care of his drunk and underage freinds. When it was discovered that a lot of damage had been done Jesse refused to pay for it. He talks now about running for POTUS some day, but I wouldn't trust the man not to sell the country to the highest bidder.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
Jesse was a symbol here in Minnesota that we were tired of the same corruption, constant new taxes and wasted money.

This is the salient point and important to remember for he was a disruption to the machine and its smooth running. Too often it is impossible to discern Democrat from Republican when it comes to our domestic policies and for anyone regardless of ability or accomplishment to disrupt this machine can only be good for our Republic.

I welcome Ted to the fold and good luck.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 20 miles east of Jacob's Lake along US89A on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon the "This area litter free" signs designate Ted Nungent. True, that area records the biggest elk trophies in the country Ted the bow hunter must dig. Still, I'ld give him a shot.

You can't vote demo...the old paradigm just doesn't apply. Too many Rep's go soft. Frankly, independents are 'monkey wrenches' the status quo deserves and if they turn out for the good...so much the better. If not...vote them out. Jesse and Ross...well, live and learn.

In colonial times elected positions from age old custom were presumed to have RHIP and indulgences. Appointed senators represented the state's status quo which meant the economic interest and even Everette McKinley Dirksen was taking a piece of the action (never so much as LBJ). One of Ike's key advisors is often quoted as saying, "What's good for GM is good for the country." Today we're so fractured with so many 'Me' decades the personal is so far seperate from the general and common good. God forbid some electorate falls for Donald Trump.

-Wlm Shakespeare
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think a little "cat scratch fever" would hurt!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: