SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane Dennis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Hurricane Dennis Reply with quote

As Dennis the menace gains speed and heads into Florida, my prayers and thoughts are with our members here that are in it's path.
I also hope that the emergency services announcers there in Florida can manage to get the messages across to you all in english. Confused
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, I feel for you all there. (Six years near Pensacola will do that to you - hurricane evacs are NO fun at all!) I pray that you will all be safe and return to undamaged homes.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I might be heading back to Pensacola tomorrow to assist my customers with any damage they have. Hopefully people have heeded the warnings and left the anticipated path areas.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought anything of a hurricane (since I'm origionally from Texas) until August of '92... I was stationed at Homestead AFB and I will never dismiss the thought of the destruction again... I hope that everyone turns out ok (hopefully most evacuated) and there is little to NO loss of lives or property.
If you lose your house, I hope not, remember that the lives of people are more important and that there will always be people around to help you get back on your feet. FEMA is there too, but after Andrew, I trus them as far as I can throw an elephant Confused
We are all praying for those that are there Sad

Bless

MJ
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Dennis Reply with quote

I'm right here in the middle of it. As of 0940, Sunday July 10 it's not too bad. In the next few hours I expect it to get really nasty. Looking at the present track it looks like landfall between Mobile Al an P-Cola. I'm in Ft. Walton Beach so we can expect hell from the right quadrant intially. My point is, last night on the nightly news, WEAR, ABC channel 3, decided to broadcast a portion of the local news and a presentation from the Emergency Command Center in Spanish. I'm not adverse to helping anyone out in an emergency, but when I called and asked WEAR what the hell they were doing, I was informed they we're trying to acommodate our " guest's ", I guess that's euphemistically speaking about our illegal worker's that are ubiquitous to my area. I guess some people will think my argument is somewhat picayune, especially considering the magnitude of the events going on around me, and for that I beg your indulgence to let me vent. I need your prayer's and moral support right now. I've done everything possible to protect my family from natures onslaught. It's not the storm I'm worried about, it's the after effects. You would not believe the human vermin that showed up after, Erin, Opal and Ivan. Even though I'm not very fluent in other language's, I am in possession of of an arsenal of international communicator's. Nameley a 9mm, .357 and a recently re-approved 7.62mm x 39mm sporting rifle. Thank you and God bless you for your support and prayer's.

George F. Thompson,Msgt, USN/USAF. (Ret).
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the double post.
G. thompson

No prob George...stay safe/me#1
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote George F. Thompson:

"I am in possession of of an arsenal of international communicator's."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Be safe and my prayers are with you and your family!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some storm. They just said on Fox that there are tropical storm warnings for Memphis! I grew up there, and I know they aren't used to this.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived on the southern Oregon coast, Ive seen flying boats,logs,my shed,barns, It was referred to as a windy day! I guess 90 mph doesnt count, I never did see a lick of foriegn aid and I dont think anyone else will either! Rolling Eyes
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used to hurricane's since I am from Chicago. There we have tornados.
But when I moved here to the D.C. area in 2002 that winter 2003 we had a blizzard...lol...that felt like home. But that summer a huricane hit, not as bad as had been predicted, but I was without electricity for four days. A minor inconvenience compared to what Florida and other harder hit states encurred.

My heart goes out to all those people, especially in Florida.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: