SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rice's Entourage Roughed Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Rice's Entourage Roughed Up Reply with quote

Andrea Mitchell may need a leash. She knew better than to do this.
iknow the guy is an evil creep but these people see it as an insult. The reporters were only supposed to be present for the photo op. You watch - she'll get an award.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163177,00.html

-snip-

Quote:
When NBC diplomatic reporter Andrea Mitchell tried to ask el-Bashir about his involvement with alleged atrocities, guards grabbed her and muscled her toward the rear of the room. State Department officials shouted at the guards. "Get your hands off her!" Wilkinson demanded. But all the reporters and a camera crew were physically forced out as Rice and el-Bashir watched

-snip-
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a interesting story. To play devils advocate though maybe Ms Mitchell could have been more 'Culturally Sensitive' to the culture where she was 'working' as a 'guest'. They tend to treat woman as second and fifth class citizens.

Ms. Mitchell was out of line speaking up as she did. She is only a woman after all.

Maybe a little scholarship on World Cultures could help her more accurately report on what the Current War on Terror is about and how our soldiers are doing a damn good job.

A nice related story just off drudge:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050721/481/jrl12607211848

Maybe Ms. Mitchell could figure out that equal rights for Woman is one of the things The Al Queda faction finds most offensive about our culture. Of course this ranks after the fact that we are friends to Jews and all Infidels on our own.

So if we get rid of all the Jews.... Each of us convert to Islam and we Subjugate Woman to near slave status.... that would be a compromise Ms Mitchell might wish to offer as a 'olive branch' to the nice boys and girls blowing up innocents from Bali to New York city.\\

Maybe if she had mentioned she was a intimate confidant of the esteemed Ambasador Joe Wilson she would have been treated better?!

Last edited by Uisguex Jack on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what I thought - this article says this:

Quote:
The reporters were told not to ask questions, over State Department objections

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050721/ap/d8bfu3300.html

And yes - she would do good to not upset the locals by learning their culture and abiding by their wishes when she's a guest. But she should know that - afterall, she is the 'Diplomatic Reporter.' Rolling Eyes
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Rice is a very smart and tough lady. Too bad Andrea Mitchell doesn't follow suit. Ms. Rice has the position and power to deal with these self proclaimed potentates. Andrea is just one of the press. I guess Andrea forgot where she was. She gets away with her pushiness here in this country but not in the Sudan where as already mentioned "women are 2nd class citizens".

On the other hand, these people were part of the American delegation as a whole group, so how will this story be spinned?
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I read a different story??

What happened in Sudan is an outrage. They obstructed this official visit from the beginning by selectively locking out part of the group including the translator Rice needed to have the meeting. They chose their target well though as Mitchel is the wife of Alan Greenspan. You can bet they won't be getting any US funds anytime, ever.

SBD
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mitchell got off easy. I would have paid good money for a DVD of her buried up to the waist and stoned to death.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The underliing chuckle is that none of these MSM types realize that Moslem countries most emphatically do not seperate church and state. Stateside they might have to say "under God", in the middle east they get stoned. Go figure!

-Wlm Shakespeare
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Did I read a different story??

What happened in Sudan is an outrage. They obstructed this official visit from the beginning by selectively locking out part of the group including the translator Rice needed to have the meeting. They chose their target well though as Mitchel is the wife of Alan Greenspan. You can bet they won't be getting any US funds anytime, ever.

SBD

Shocked Singled out? It doesn't matter why we were there - Mitchell didn't follow their rules, and that's the first rule of diplomacy. They told her not to ask questions, and almost didn't allow them in in the first place. I am sure Rice will think again when chooses what reporters to allow to follow her into such a meeting. I don't care whether you like the country and it's practices or not, we were there as their guests. Sure, don't rough people up, but they caused the incident.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your comment is funny.

PhantomSgt wrote:
I think Mitchell got off easy. I would have paid good money for a DVD of her buried up to the waist and stoned to death.

Cool Cool Cool
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitchell Angry After Sudan Incident

Quote:
"It makes me even more determined when dictators and alleged war criminals are not held to account," she said. "If our government is going to establish a relationship and push for a new beginning as Sudan reforms itself, they have to live up to international standards. A free press is part of that process."
Rolling Eyes

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050721/ap_en_tv/tv_nbc_mitchell_1

Andrea Mitchell: clueless
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"It makes me very angry to be sitting there with their president and have this happen," she said. "They have no right to push and shove."

Quote:
State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said the Sudanese foreign minister responded to Rice's demand for an apology by telephoning her aboard the plane to express regret for the incidents at the ultra-high-security residence of Sudanese President Omar el-Bashir.

Twice, Sudanese guards' hostility toward members of Rice's entourage devolved into shouts and shoving.

As Rice's motorcade arrived at the residence, armed guards blocked three vehicles from entering, including those carrying Rice's interpreter and other aides who were supposed to attend her meeting with el-Bashir.

Nice way to treat your guests, but what else should be expected from a country that murders Christians!!

SBD
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:

PhantomSgt wrote:

Cool Cool Cool

It wasn't meant to be funny Voter.

The wife of Greenspan is well know for her views against the war and our American Jihad (Holy Struggle) against radical Muslims. She has undermined our efforts every step of the way with her liberal bias at the most liberal network.

I think it is ironic that she just got a small taste of what it is like to be an woman in a radical Muslim country. If this incident had happened in Iran Ms. Mitchell would have been hauled off and never seen again. Mouthy women are just hung or stoned to death after a long and harsh torture.

Read some of the texts from her speaking tours and you might join me.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so if it wasn't meant to be funny you really would like to see Mitchell stoned to death? Of course you have a right to express yourself any way you want. As do I. That kind of talk doesn't reflect well on those of us who share your political position. And it smacks of an extremist equal to the terrorists, IMHO.

PhantomSgt wrote:
Ohio Voter wrote:

PhantomSgt wrote:

Cool Cool Cool

It wasn't meant to be funny Voter.

The wife of Greenspan is well know for her views against the war and our American Jihad (Holy Struggle) against radical Muslims. She has undermined our efforts every step of the way with her liberal bias at the most liberal network.

I think it is ironic that she just got a small taste of what it is like to be an woman in a radical Muslim country. If this incident had happened in Iran Ms. Mitchell would have been hauled off and never seen again. Mouthy women are just hung or stoned to death after a long and harsh torture.

Read some of the texts from her speaking tours and you might join me.

Cool Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: