SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hanoi Jane is at it again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Jane. Crying or Very sad Her latest book and movie were a flop so she thinks she can generate a following by joining TED in the Iraq quagmire. Those two deserve each other. Wink
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever thinks we should find a suicide bomber for Hanoi Jane to stand beside for a photo opportunity - raise their hands
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wpage wrote:
This has gotten me so *&%##@*#%&*** MAD. Evil or Very Mad The traitor b****. There will be a lot of very pissed off Vets out there, including me. Maybe someone will douse her with rancid vegetable oil on her tour this time. Cool That would just tickle me red state red.

W
see sig Smile

Deuce
Retired,
Now I just want to live long enough to stand in line to piss on The Hanoi Whore's grave, just like Jean Fraud Kerry's, but I'll be glad to wait my turn.

credit to 'SmallTownVeteran', a much better phraseologist than I...
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge has the story now-

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050725/D8BIE6HO0.html
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hanoi Jane is at it again Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
Hanoi Jane is qouted in Albiuquerque Journal today that she is going to be travelling around the country , protesting the Iraq War, because some of the vets have approached her to do this, she said she will also have some of the familes, of troops serving over there on the bus with her.We need to stop her just like we did with silky pony, this is outrages

And we will be coming out in full force against you when you do Hanoi Jane. If you think that the tobacco juice facial that you got at your book signing was bad, then just fasten your seat belt. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Love,
Jarhead

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't ignore this this time around. I watched as the anti-Vietnam movement grew here in this country and no one said anything. The silent majority lived up to it's name and remained silent with the notable exception of one John O'Neil and the movement grew and grew til it overwhelmed the silent majority. And caused America to renege on it's promises to to the tune of 3 million in Laos, Cambodia and Vietman dead. Not to mention the main reason to despise this woman and her henchmen. The 80,000 names on the Wall that she helped make their sacrifices in vain.
She needs to be stopped in her tracks this time folks. We can't allow this to get anymore traction than it already has. It's incidious and sneaks up on you before you know it.
Mad doesn't quite cover my feelings about her and Kerry.

Dusty
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce, I was tired enough when I posted Hi Soldier last night that I forgot to mention that my comment at the end referred back to another of Russ Vaughn's poems, one I think you'll enjoy. It's posted at http://smalltownveteran.typepad.com/posts/2005/04/a_russ_vaughn_t.html but I'll post it here for your reading enjoyment and you can go to my place for background if you want:

Quote:

Forever Green

Jane Fonda seeks exoneration,
Forgiveness from her traitored nation.
What say you warriors fought that war?
Is forgiveness due that wartime whore?
So rich, so smart, she thought she knew
Much more than us, we bloodied few.
So smug, self-serving, seeking fame,
The rich ***** played her seditious game.

A game that cost me many friends,
Many, thanks to Jane, came to bad ends.
I’ve borne scars forty years or more,
From lies laid on me by this whore.
Self-serving now she sells her tale,
This traitor who should be in jail.
Is it within our souls to grant her grace?
Our souls shout, “No… spit in her face!”

So self assured, she played high stakes,
Telling American prisoners, “That’s the breaks.”
She accused brave men of heinous crimes,
Which were disproved in future times.
And now our country knows the truth
Jane Fonda betrayed us in our youth.
She asks us now to read her book,
Americans, the folks this ***** forsook.

So now she crawls, her conscience bare,
To tell us she screwed up back there.
Well, hell, we knew that way back then,
This Hanoi Jane who helped them win.
It was glory then for this airhead star,
But forever now she’ll bear the scar
A scarlet letter she’ll now wear,
A stench forever in her hair.

So Jane, dear, you must realize,
You’re the devil in a helmet in our eyes.
When Vietnam vets raise up their toasts
It’s to damn your soul, to salute our ghosts.
We swear, we living, to our long-dead brave,
We’ll live to piss upon your grave.
So Jane, good fortune, unforeseen,
Your traitor’s grave will be forever green.

Russ Vaughn
2d Bn, 327th Parachute Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division
Vietnam 65-66

USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: hanoi jane Reply with quote

Thank you all for responding to my post, this B..... must be stopped, she cannot do toour troops in Iraq what she did to the guys in vietnam, we really need to stay on top of this, I live in new mexico, would love to hear from other new mexicons who feel the same, maybe we can organize a dem when she comes to albuquerque
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fonda said she should be ready by next March to board a bus, .........., that she plans to drive across the country calling for an end to military operations in Iraq.

Hanoi Jane mutates into Jihad Jane

Fonda said her anti-war tour is next March?
Since it’s a little too late to stop the war, shouldn't her headline be ...

Jane Fonda to oppose Iraq reconstruction
Could she be any more stupid…..

Maybe she can go over to visit the ‘insurgents’ to give them aid and comfort. She may not realize what type of people these ‘insurgents’ are…they may not be as friendly as the North Vietnamese. They could surprise her by asking her be in one of their lil videos.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate,

If she ends up starring in one of those videos, I'll have to break my own rules and pay to see a Hanoi Jane film. Now that is what you call a dilemma.

She looks like a burnout who is desperate for any last gasp of attention she can get. So she hitches herself to the new antiwar crowd nearly a year after it could have any relevance (ie., as part of Kerry's campaign).

I doubt her "exciting" tour will go anywhere near a red state (except passing through as fast as her 1965 veggie-oil powered VW microbus can go), or stop in any red cities in those red states.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the American Spectator:

Baghdad Barbarella
By Jed Babbin
Published 7/26/2005 12:08:54 AM

The Clintons are the gift that keeps on giving, but only in small ways these days. He and She are always out there, grabbing a few column inches on page 1 or page 3, jostling lesser beings out of the line-of-sight between the lens and their mugs. It's all small, incremental stuff now, gradually removing the liberal tarnish from her moderate pose in preparation for the '08 campaign. Much rarer, and consequently much more treasured, is the return of an old gift -- or in this case, an old affliction -- after a very long time. Jane Fonda's return to politics opens too many old wounds.

Seems like just yesterday when she posed on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, looking so serious, so concerned and so sensitive as the NVA jollied her along on her first "Damn the U.S. Fighting Man" tour. Was it just before -- no, as I remember it was a bit after -- that she and the recently-returned-from-Paris Vichy John Kerry were pitching a fit back here. She'd disappeared after she gained her wish: we withdrew from Vietnam, leaving our allies to be murdered, and the rest of Southeast Asia to come under the sway of those such as Pol Pot. She kinda sorta apologized for her trip to North Vietnam, but the enormity of what she and her ilk -- including Sen. Kerry -- caused in that part of the world is beyond her ken.

Now, the worst has happened. Or is it the best? It may have been inevitable, but now it's true: Hanoi Jane is launching the most awful comeback since Burt Reynolds decided to play Boss Hogg. And where once stood the svelte Hanoi Jane, we shall now gaze upon the nipped-and-tucked Baghdad Barbarella.

According to the press coverage yesterday, Baghdad Barbarella is going on a cross-country bus tour next March to call for withdrawal -- i.e., retreat -- from Iraq. She of course claims to be responding to the calls for action she's heard from Iraq vets on her current book tour (no, she couldn't be doing this just to hawk a book, could she?) and promises that vets will accompany her on the tour. Too bad her bus tour won't reprise the North Vietnam trip. If she visited the terrorist camps in Syria, she'd surely be welcomed. It would be an event worth targeting, er, covering.

It's perfectly wonderful that she should choose to do this in the early part of a campaign year. How many congressmen and senators will be eager to step up to her microphone and chant, "Hey, hey Dick Chay-nay, how many kids have you killed today" or "Hell no, we won't go" with BB? Other than Dennis Kucinich and Cynthia McKinney, there's nary a one who will **** an arm to pitch someone else's medals over the Capitol fence. Not even John Kerry will do that this time. I'd bet even Howlin' Howie won't give her a shout.

Republicans can make this a wonderful campaign tool if they have the stomach for it. How many R's will take the microphone in a debate, and demand their opponent join them in condemning Fonda? How many new campaign ads for 2008 will come out of the bus tour? (Note to Messrs. Mehlman and Rove: this time, youse guys have surpassed yourselves. I always suspected that Kerry was taking your shilling, but to get Fonda back in the game you must have come up with an offer she couldn't refuse, such as a lifetime supply of Botox. Geniuses, both of you.)

And for Mizz Fonda, how much fun will she have when she's met by a picket line of Vietnam Vets -- joined by Afghanistan and Iraq vets -- everywhere she goes? You'll see them everywhere: walking on canes, in wheel chairs, on their feet by the hundreds and thousands. Fonda is a symbol of everything that was wrong with America in the 1960s. Self-absorbed, fearful, convinced America is an evil influence on the world and consequently eager to help defeat America, she and those who marched with her lost a war that should have been won, and could have.

We lost Vietnam, but losing it didn't cost us our way of life. We suffered, or at least those who served and the families of those who didn't come back did. But America recovered and became itself again. There's a difference today: if we lose this war -- in Iraq or anywhere else -- we lose America. Fonda will have little effect on this war. In fact, the only thing she will accomplish is to bring another round of scorn upon herself. It will be both awful and an awful lot of fun to watch her latest anti-American campaign unfold. We should hang on her every word, because each will be one more round in our ammo box to be fired back at the Kerrys and Kennedys, Deans and Durbins and Clintons who want to pretend they can be trusted with our nation's security. Fonda will be the albatross hanging around every Democratic neck in 2006 and, I pray, in 2008.

The only thing that could possibly be better than this is to find that she's run off with Dick Durbin.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8492
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she would even consider jumping off a tall bridge. Laughing

Quote:

LewWaters;
Did she ever stop to think of asking what the overall vast majority of Veterans would like her do?

GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baghdad Barbarella from today's TAS online by Jed Babbin.

http://www.americanprowler.com/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8492
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should take a trip over to Baghdad - ya know, to take a few pics with the insurgents. Hold a few RPGs for the camera. She could explain to them how Hollywood is opposed to the war, and how she thinks we should cut and run. Then she could try to talk to them about love and peace and how she is a born again Christian, right before they take off her head on videotape in the name of Allah. Bet that's not a movie she would want to star in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: