SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROTESTING SOLDIER MOM CHANGED STORY ON BUSH
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: PROTESTING SOLDIER MOM CHANGED STORY ON BUSH Reply with quote

from Drudge:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm

Quote:
PROTESTING SOLDIER MOM CHANGED STORY ON BUSH
Mon Aug 08 2005 10:11:07 ET

The mother of a fallen U.S. soldier who is holding a roadside peace vigil near President Bush's ranch -- has dramatically changed her account about what happened when she met the commander-in-chief last summer!

Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who last year praised Bush for bringing her family the "gift of happiness," took to the nation's TV outlets this weekend to declare how Bush "killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity."

CINDY 2004

THE REPORTER of Vacaville, CA published an account of Cindy Sheehan's visit with the president at Fort Lewis near Seattle on June 24, 2004:

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

"The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

"For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"'That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together,' Cindy said."

CINDY 2005

Sheehan's current comments are a striking departure.

She vowed on Sunday to continue her protest until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son?"

In an interview on CNN, she claimed Bush "acted like it was party" when she met him last year.

"It was -- you know, there was a lot of things said. We wanted to use the time for him to know that he killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity. And we wanted him to look at the pictures of Casey.

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, 'So who are we honoring here?' He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him 'him' or 'he.' He called him 'your loved one.'

Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.

BLITZER: Like a party? I mean...

SHEEHAN: Yes, he came in very jovial, and like we should be happy that he, our son, died for his misguided policies. He didn't even pretend like somebody...

END

On her current media tour, Sheehan has not been asked to explain her twist on Bush; from praise to damnation!

Developing...
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut the grieving mother some slack; it appears she has fallen prey to the Skerry - Fonda kind of sympathetic ears that have got her all twisted around.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can cut her any slack greiving or not.
To do an about face like that means to me she well knows what she is doing. She was either lying then, or now.
And to dishonor her son's ultimate sacrifice, to make his death in vain, to me is an unforgivable act. She is using her own son's death to make a political statement.
I say shame on her.
But that's just me.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't care for what she is doing, I have to remind myself she is a grieving Mom. I don't know what caused the about face, but it sure smells like she has been inundated with a years worth of bad press towards Bush and the War in Iraq.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to discover some high up looney members of the Democrats have been visiting her to offer their "comfort." Never forget how sKerry's crowd tried to use the families of POWs against Viet Nam back in the early 70s.

Still, grieving or not, I feel she should be asked to specifically explain why such a drastic about face, hoping we could get the truth.

Either way, I feel bad for her as one day, she may wake up and realize how she was used and how she dishonored her son's sacrifice.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, Lew, I agree. I think she is like many other grieving people, they look to find someone to blame to ease their guilt. It is her weakness that invites poisonous thinking in. I would like to have been a fly on a tree when these guys sat with her. (pic below)
Sure would like someone to find proof of anyone that poisoned her thinkin tho. Evil or Very Mad

pic from FReeper thread:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1459365/posts#comment?q=1

Also - rumor has it they broke this story. It's discussed here:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1459449/posts

note: pic edited for size...please limit width to 600 pixels or less...thanks/me#1
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched CSPAN over the weekend. One program dealt with AbuGrab/Gitmo "torture" where the ACLU rep' countered a well spoken gal saying 'stress-inducement' was incomparable to 'torture' and there was a lack of perspective. She couldn't say it but Gitmo prisoners suffered less than my military school, boot camp, or Shellbacks (she referenced cramming grad students for comparables). Of course I agreed with her and if I could've gotten in on the call line I'ld have asked the ACLU what success they had with their Freedom of Information claims and subpoenas against AlQueda et.al. No one said that combatants found on a field of war usually suffered summary execution per Geneva Regulations. CSPAN limits their callins to 'proBush' and 'antiBush' specific #s. Love to see a breakdown on their callins! Of course, none of the 'antis' could get to the topic without the whole litany of 9/11 was a Bush plot, Bush lied for oil blah, blah, blah. How twisted. I gripe that CSPAN gives them time, but how revelatory their utterances are and damn this freedom of speech thing! It's a good thing for democracy I don't have my hands on a BAR!

I expect this girl's grief has been exploited and subsidized by the usual MSM suspects. Did she have a life in No. Calif. she could walk away from and hang in Texas?

-Wlm Shakespeare
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Mother's actions are very much like the Camden, NJ family that is suing the police, Toyota and anyone else with deep pockets for the deaths of their two children and one other in the trunk of a car. It assuages their guilt at 1) not closely checking the car which they knew was the kids' play place and which they had previously warned them away from 2) failing to tell the police this fact and 3) when asked by the police answering they had already searched the car (the police did check but failed to open the trunk). Toyota is to blame because the car was not designed to escape from the trunk even though it was an older model made years before this was required by the US government.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been thinking about cases such as this one and wonder if soldiers shouldnt pack a press release along with their family letters prior to shipping out. Maybe the press release should be given to a lawyer with instructions to deliver to press in the event parents speak out against war or what have you.

Could you imagine a week after she speaks out someone comes along and says, we have a letter from your son and he says shut up mom.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could you imagine a week after she speaks out someone comes along and says, we have a letter from your son and he says shut up mom.

I'm afraid this would serve as giving them ammunition to claim they were coerced into writing such a thing by the evil military and Bush Administration. Of course, if it were a Democrat in office, all would be well.

Larry Elder brought up a good point today. Where was all this anguish and outcry when our troops bodies were drug through the streets in Somalia and after Clinton swiftly drew all of our people out of there, were were the anguished parents of those dead soldiers? Clinton said our troops would be out of Bosnia by Christmas, over 8 years ago. No outcry! They're still there, too.

How many more 9/11s will it take for the American People to finally wake up and see what is at stake?
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

I'm afraid this would serve as giving them ammunition to claim they were coerced into writing such a thing by the evil military and Bush Administration. Of course, if it were a Democrat in office, all would be well.

Larry Elder brought up a good point today. Where was all this anguish and outcry when our troops bodies were drug through the streets in Somalia and after Clinton swiftly drew all of our people out of there, were were the anguished parents of those dead soldiers? Clinton said our troops would be out of Bosnia by Christmas, over 8 years ago. No outcry! They're still there, too.

How many more 9/11s will it take for the American People to finally wake up and see what is at stake?

I do remember one of the Delta snipers fathers accepting a MOH wouldn't shake Clintons hand, but it didn't recieve air time.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind, and if we lose that war, and in doing so lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.
- Ronald Reagan, 1964
(commenting on the antiwar movement during the Vietnam War.)

My favorite Ronald Reagan quote strikes home again.
These liberals just don't get it.
Their freedoms are only their freedoms because a member of our armed forces writes the insurance policy.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our schools and universities taught them all to 'make love not war' and ignoring it will make it all go away. For some reason the fact that their ancestors had to die or make great sacrifices to give them the lifestyle they have now just never sunk in. I really thank my parents for sending me to a private church run school.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not good!

Military Families to Join Cindy Sheehan in Crawford; Gold Star and Military Families from Across Country on Their Way to Texas

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=51471
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote:
This is not good!

Military Families to Join Cindy Sheehan in Crawford; Gold Star and Military Families from Across Country on Their Way to Texas

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=51471

No this is not good. It's the beginning of the 'Instant Replay' of the anti-war movement against the Vietnam war I've been carping about.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20431

If this sort of demonstration isn't met with an opposing view right there where it's taking place so that the MSM can't ignore the 'right' side of this argument, they (the left wing nuts) will pull it off again and we will see America withdraw from Iraq before the job is finished. And we won't be able to prosecute the war on terror either.
Guess what that means to the terriosts? They win, we lose.
So who all can go to Crawford, Tx.?
How do we combat this?
Are we going to let them do it again?

Dusty
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best that could happen would be for a hurricane to blow through. I'm thinking an ugly confrontation with this lady is a lose/lose. Fat old vets facing a 'grieving mother' is not a pleasant image. I'm flashing on 'hard hats for Nixon'.

Certainly the barking moonbats are all aroar over this but I'l believe it if they can find Texas on a map and actually show up. The usnewswire item is a press release masquerading as a story.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: