SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christopher Walken for President?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatecelebs
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Christopher Walken for President? Reply with quote

http://www.walken2008.com/politics.html

"I am a huge supporter of the military. I have always thought of them as our guardians, and when our guardians are making less than the poverty line, and children are suffering because their parents decided to join the military, well, I get very upset. I feel that instead of sending billions to the Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops."
-- Walken on military funding
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree that our troops need to earn a salary that keeps them and their families with sufficient means so as not to be in poverty. I also think that far too much has already been diverted from military spending and pushed into political pork and patronage. The military needs to fund the development of new weapon systems. They need to fund new electronic systems and aircraft and space. This is how we achieve security and a better life style. Without this spending we wouldn't have computers or the internet. One of the so called pet projects of the Pentagon during World War 2 was the development of penicillin. Cell phones are a result of a military need for communications in already crowded air waves. GPS was a pet project of the military. It now forms the heart of the 911 system.
I can't think of a single military project that didn't eventually lead to a civilian application for improving our lifestyle.

The troops need more funds and so does the Pentagon. It just doesn't work any other way.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For someone talking about running for POTUS, there is a very noticeable lack of substantive information about where he stands on issues on his campaign website.

While I admire his zeal to care for the troops, he seems to believe the best way is to disarm the military. Maybe he needs to learn that our troops need a bit more than spitballs to fight for and protect our freedoms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: