SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorry To Be A Wet Blanket, but...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning All,

It's been a while since I posted but I have been popping in and out reading. I got off the phone a little bit ago with my son who is stationed in Japan right now. We were talking about this a bit and he has seen the Cindy/Antiwar group and the Support Our Troops (SOT) group in Crawford. He is tired of listening to Cindy and her Anti War rhetoric. He is glad that the SOT group is in Crawford.

Now, in yesterdays paper there was a large article covering Cindy, as this whole thing started gaining speed I knew there was more to this whole story than Cindy being a greiving mother, in yesterdays paper there is a statement of Cindy's that to me says this was beyond her losing her son.

Quote:
Sheehan a lifelong Democrat, said that until her son died, she'd never spoken out about her views. She was too young during the Vietnam War---"I only saw it on the news and I thought it was horrible, " she said. She didn't agree with the first Gulf War but only talked about it with friends and classmates.

Sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion here but as far as I am concerned she was nothing more than an Anti War supporter looking for a reason to speak out and the reason ended up being the death of her son. It is really sad that Cindy can not see beyond her personal views to see the Hero that Casey is and honor his memory in a positive manner.

I have come too close to loosing one of my sailor's. The last deployment my son was on he was with the Marines, he's with the LCAC's, they went up the river to Um Qsar (sp) Iraq, they were in firefights, he has atleast 7 confirmed kills in Iraq, plus atleast 1-2 on "friendly ground". I listened to his stories when he was home as he spoke about the firefights he was in. I have promised my kids I would never dishonor them if God forbid one of my Blue Stars were to change to Gold.

Ok I'm off my soap box for a while, LOL

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
"Casey Sheehan did not want to go to Iraq, but he did not want to let down his buddies. So despite his mother's offer to whisk him away to Canada or run his leg over with a car, off he went. Less than two weeks later, the 24-year-old from Zacaville, California, was dead, one of eight soldiers killed in an ambush near Baghdad."

This is almost laughable, coming from the Guardian. Guardian of what? Confused

A fallacy in their claim is 1. Casey had recently reenlisted, knowing full well the Iraq War was on. 2. It was draft dodgers that sought haven in Canada, not Active Duty Marines. 3. Is she a sweet Mom or what? Offering to run her son over with her car? 4. It's Vacaville, not Zacaville. Laughing

This article shows me she was very much against the War in the beginning and despite her Grown Sons wishes, decided what is best for him still. Now, she is shamelessly using his sacrifice as a tool to further her own self interests. Don't forget, he was a mechanic who volunteered to accompany others on the mission that day and I do believe it was a rescue mission, as well.

She now has even Al Jazeera pleading her case as well.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:

Good Morning All,

It's been a while since I posted but I have been popping in and out reading. I got off the phone a little bit ago with my son who is stationed in Japan right now.

You should send tell him to contact me when he's portside since I am right down the block (depending on where he's stationed of course Wink )

MJ

By the way, I can't post in this forum what I think about Sheehan, or want to call her Mad

Last edited by MrJapan on Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.coxandforkum.com/

A show of grief!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who was discharged before the Vietnam conflict really kicked off, I got to be back here in America and watch the anti-war movement grow and grow.
It grew with no opposing points of view being disseminated to the American public.
Now we will never know whether pro war voices would have made a difference back then from our vantage point of the here and now. But we can be sure that if the silent majority keeps silent again as they did then that we WILL see an 'instant replay' of what occured back then.
So while I agree that it is a distasteful thing to do to demonstrate and speak out against a 'greiving' mother, in this case and at this time I don't see any real alternatives.
Unless we want to 'be silent' again. And we all know where that led before.
Not an option imho.

Dusty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
As one who was discharged before the Vietnam conflict really kicked off, I got to be back here in America and watch the anti-war movement grow and grow.
It grew with no opposing points of view being disseminated to the American public.
Now we will never know whether pro war voices would have made a difference back then from our vantage point of the here and now. But we can be sure that if the silent majority keeps silent again as they did then that we WILL see an 'instant replay' of what occured back then.
So while I agree that it is a distasteful thing to do to demonstrate and speak out against a 'greiving' mother, in this case and at this time I don't see any real alternatives.
Unless we want to 'be silent' again. And we all know where that led before.
Not an option imho.

Dusty

I get the same feeling about this.. and it gives me the shivers...
about the 'grieving' mother part from your post... I can't see a grieving mother at all in her.. just someone trying to take advantage of the situation.... but, I'm sure you feel the same since you put the single quotes Wink
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Drudge Report, http://www.drudgereport.com/

Husband files for divorce...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0815051sheehan1.html
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becca1223 wrote:
On Drudge Report, http://www.drudgereport.com/

Husband files for divorce...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0815051sheehan1.html

We have the pics posted here

Very Happy
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy's husband is now divorcing her... Rolling Eyes
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: