SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bali Bombers to Get Reduced Sentences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Bali Bombers to Get Reduced Sentences Reply with quote

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/2005/08/007710print.html
Indonesia: Bali Bombers to Get Reduced Sentences
More indication of where sentiments lie in official Indonesia. From AP, with thanks to Shiva and Jeffrey Imm:

JAKARTA, Indonesia — A militant cleric and 17 others convicted in the 2002 bombings that killed 202 people on the resort island of Bali have received sentence reductions of several months to mark Indonesia's independence day, wardens said Wednesday.
Cleric Abu Bakar Bashir, the alleged spiritual head of the Al Qaeda-linked terror group Jemaah Islamiyah, was originally given a 30-month prison sentence for his role in the bombings, which killed many Australian tourists.

On Wednesday he was given a 41/2-month sentence reduction, said Dedi Sutardi, the chief warden at Cipinang Prison in Jakarta, which means he could be released from prison in May 2007.

Seventeen other Bali bombers, who were originally sentenced up to 16 years, received three-month reductions, said Bromo Setiono, chief warden at the Kerobokan jail in Bali's capital Denpasar.

It is an Indonesian tradition to cut jail terms on holidays for some of the country's 105,000 inmates who exhibit good behavior, with only those sentenced to death or life in prison excluded.

"This is the right of all inmates all over Indonesia, including those involved in the Bali bombings," said Setiono.

Many people in Australia consider the Bali bombings as tantamount to an attack on their own country, and the decision to cut the sentences — especially Bashir's — was expected to draw loud protests.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/2005/08/007710print.html

I guess this makes Indonesia a state that supports terrorism.
This really ticks me off.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, they've been good boys since being locked up. Ask any Liberal if that counts.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you guys don't expect a whole lot the next time you get a
tsunami, typhoon, or volcano go off in your neighborhood.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I remember after leaving the military and becoming a cop... Before I could get my peace officer license, I had to be a jailor... (took the LE Academy while I was a jailor.. had to trade many shifts with other jailors >.<)

Before, and during my first year as a jailor, I was still in the 'know everything mode', as a matter of fact, it is like all of the lib's thinking (scary thought)... and I thought everyone deserved a second chance. We are ALL human, after all..

I can understand why we were required to be a jailor for at least 1 year now... you learn many things, the most important is how the criminal mind thinks. Best example is the fact that they now have (while in jail) 24 hours to devise a plan on how to screw (wasn't the word I wanted to type, but you get the picture) you.. how to defeat the system, and what to do next. They also get a library with the laws to 'educate' themselves. Most tried to do Habeus Corpus.. and about 30% got it

I did read about this situation here a couple of days ago, and it p*ssed me off too... and I am sure moreso with the Australians... but what can we do but to better protect ourselves from this?! Confused Confused
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
but what can we do but to better protect ourselves from this?! Confused Confused

Summary Execution of terrorists who are caught and decapitation with their head buried under an Iowa pig pen.

No sense letting 72 Virgins go to waste on these ********.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was 72 VIRGINIANS.... Wink
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just one 72 year old virgin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: