SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver Stone Set to Make 9/11 movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Oliver Stone Set to Make 9/11 movie Reply with quote

I am just furious about this. Pot head wacko Oliver Stone? He will make this about a conspiracy. And to top it off, they cast that lib-ditz Maggie Gyllenhall in it too. If you remember correctly, she is the young actress that publically said 9/11 was our fault. I have even read that her brother is that Eric Foner freak professor from NYU.-
Does this have to happen?

Here is what Oliver Stone was quoted as saying right after 9/11:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2122431/&#revolt

Quote:

Here's what Oliver Stone, the man Paramount CEO Brad Grey picked to direct the studio's upcoming 9/11 picture, had to say about those events a month after they happened, as reported in The New Yorker. It's the smoking gun on the grassy knoll! Stone depicts the 9/11 attack as a "revolt" against the "six companies who control the world" and "control culture, and control ideas"--not oil companies, in other words, but media companies. 9/11 was, in short, about him. (And Vietnam, of course.) He's profoundly confused, but he seems to know--emotionally, at least--which side he's on:

from OLIVER STONE'S CHAOS THEORY
The New Yorker
Issue of 2001-10-22
Posted 2001-10-15

[O]liver Stone, another panelist, shook his head in disbelief. From the start of the discussion, Stone, the writer-director of such political films as "Salvador" and "JFK," had seemed jumpy, swivelling his thick neck like a turret gun at the sound of any foolishness or naïveté. Now his voice rumbled up from his chest and he began to illuminate the dark levers that move the film industry and, by extension, the world. "There's been conglomeration under six principal princes—they're kings, they're barons!—and these six companies have control of the world," he said, referring to such corporations as Fox and AOL Time Warner. His voice grew louder as his ideas took shape. "Michael Eisner decides, 'I can't make a movie about Martin Luther King, Jr.—they'll be rioting at the gates of Disneyland!' That's ********! But that's what the new world order is." There was a storm of applause. "They control culture, they control ideas. And I think the revolt of September 11th was about 'F@@@ you! F@@@ your order—' "
"Excuse me," a fellow-panelist, Christopher Hitchens, said. " 'Revolt'?"

"Whatever you want to call it," Stone said.

"It was state-supported mass murder, using civilians as missiles," said Hitchens, a columnist for Vanity Fair and The Nation.

Stone wagged his head and continued. "The studios bought television stations," he said. "Why? Why did the telecommunications bill get passed at midnight, a hidden bill at midnight? The Arabs have a point! They're going to be joined by the people who objected in Seattle, and the usual ten per cent who are against everything, and it's going to be, like, twenty-five per cent of this country that's against the new world order. We need a trustbuster like Teddy Roosevelt to take the television stations away from the film companies and give them back to the people!" There was more applause, and a few uncertain murmurs. "Does anybody make a connection between the 2000 election"—for the Presidency—"and the events of September 11th?" he asked, and added cryptically, "Look for the thirteenth month!" He went on to say that the Palestinians who danced at the news of the attack were reacting just as people had responded after the revolutions in France and Russia. ...
[snip]

"The new world order is about order and control," he said. "This attack was pure chaos, and chaos is energy. All great changes have come from people or events that were initially misunderstood, and seemed frightening, like madmen. Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Gates. I think, I think . . . I think many things." He explained how the World Bank, McDonald's, and the studios' response to the threat of a Writers Guild strike last year were all manifestations of the new global conspiracy of order.

"This is the time for a bullet of a film about terrorism, like 'The Battle of Algiers' "—Gillo Pontecorvo's 1966 movie about the conflict between the French and F.L.N. terrorist cells in Algeria, in which the director's sympathies lie with the terrorists. "You show the Arab side and the American side in a chase film with a 'French Connection' urgency, where you track people by satellite, like in 'Enemy of the State.' My movie would have the C.I.A. guys and the F.B.I. guys, but they blow it. They're a bunch of drunks from World War II who haven't recovered from the disasters of the sixties—the Kennedy assassination and Vietnam. [Emphasis added]

Last edited by Rdtf on Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what was the 'blacklist" between the 30's and the 60's?! (sorry if I got the name wrong Razz)
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/50833.htm

Quote:
HOLLYWOOD HELL -- Stars are out to bash U.S.
New York Post
July 27, 2005
John Podhoretz

It's time for your regular Hollywood update — in which people who earn and lose and gross hundreds of millions of dollars figure out ways to trash America, democracy and freedom....

Yes, well, God forbid anyone should question the motives of the terrorists.

Not while Hollywood is so busy questioning the motives of the United States....

The actress Maggie Gyllenhaal... believed America was in "some way responsible" for the 9/11 attacks. She said this during interviews for a film she made called "The Great New Wonderful," which dealt with 9/11.

Her shocking views were certainly less shocking to those who know that Gyllenhaal is the daughter of a screenwriter named Naomi Foner. In 1988, Foner wrote a film called "Running on Empty" that basically lionized and celebrated America's own wanna-be al Qaeda organization, the Weather Underground.

Naomi Foner is the sister of Eric Foner, a professor at Columbia who sees the 9/11 attacks as an opportunity for the United States to broaden its own self-criticisms: "In the wake of 9/11," he has written, "it is all the more imperative that the history we teach must be a candid appraisal of our own society's strengths and weaknesses, not simply an exercise in self-celebration — a conversation with the entire world, not a complacent dialogue with ourselves."...

Now Jane Fonda, who was very funny playing a monster in "Monster-in-Law," has decided to return to her real-life role as a monster. She begins an anti-war bus tour real soon. "I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam," Fonda says. "I carry a lot of baggage from that."

Considering that she spent some time this spring sorta kinda apologizing for her appalling conduct during that war, you'd think she might show a little modesty now....
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10589

I wonder how Allison Jimeno feels about this?

Quote:
Pena, Gyllenhaal & Bello in Stone's 9/11 Film
Source: Paramount Pictures July 29, 2005

Michael Pena, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Maria Bello have been cast in Paramount Pictures' upcoming untitled World Trade Center project, which stars Nicolas Cage and will be directed by Oliver Stone from a screenplay written by Andrea Berloff.

Pena will portray Port Authority police officer William J. Jimeno, one of the last two men rescued from the collapsed buildings, and Gyllenhaal will portray his wife, Allison. Maria Bello will play Donna, wife of Sgt. John McLoughlin, the officer who was trapped in the rubble with Jimeno; Nicolas Cage will play McLoughlin.

The film is produced by Double Feature Films' Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher and former InterMedia Films chairman Moritz Borman. Debra Hill will also be credited, posthumously, as a producer.

Shamberg and Sher said, "As we cast this project, we brought the actors together with the real-life heroes they'll be playing. Both the Jimenos and the McLoughlins were impressed by the level of commitment that Michael, Maggie, and Maria were making to tell this story the right way. They all have the complete support of both families."

Pena said, "I was really impressed when I met Will -- the police motto, 'protect and serve,' really means something to him. All he ever wanted to do is be a cop -- it's one thing to read that on the page, but another thing to hear him say it. It feels great to be making a movie about great cops."

Gyllenhaal said, "I'm excited to be a part of this important project. Will and John are genuine heroes and I think their wives, Allison and Donna, are heroes, too. I feel privileged to be part of a project that will remember how we all came together on that day."

Bello said, "It's been a very long time since I've been as moved as when I read Andrea's screenplay. I knew immediately that I wanted to be a part of telling this extraordinary story. And to have the opportunity to collaborate with the brilliance of Oliver and Nic is a creative dream."

The film follows the story of two Port Authority policemen who are trapped in the rubble during the rescue efforts and also focuses on their rescuers and their families, who are attempting to find out what happened to the trapped men. The film is a portrayal of how the human spirit rose above the tragic events of that day.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impressoin... I meant the 'blacklist' of the actors/actores's that went against the 'union' and actually had a mind of their own (independant minds)... :/
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impressoin... I meant the 'blacklist' of the actors/actores's that went against the 'union' and actually had a mind of their own (independant minds)... :/

I wasn't answering your post. I am just providing more research about this topic that I posted.
I don't think the blacklist could ever happen again - they already scream McCarthyism' every time we question their motives.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be CHOICE. Script by Oujia board. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone(ed) has the right to make this movie as much as we have the right to not pay to see it. Wink

What with the rest of the garbage coming out of hollyweird and losing big money due to little attendance, this one will fair even less at the box office. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: