SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: 100,000 Reply with quote

The death toll from this disaster may well reach over 100,000 before it's all said and done. There are an estimated 300,000 people still trapped in New Orleans. Anarchy is beginning to take over. Rescuers are being assulted and shot at. Evacuation efforts can not be sustained in this situation.
A large number of these people will not make it. No food, water and no way out but to swim. Bacteria and pestilence are going to take a huge toll.
This is beyond the scope of anyone to deal with.
Please pray fervently.

Dusty
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWSDAY

Quote:
Superdome Evacuation Halted Amid Gunfire
By Associated Press
September 1, 2005, 9:00 AM EDT

NEW ORLEANS -- The evacuation of the Superdome was suspended Thursday after shots were reported fired at a military helicopter and arson fires broke out outside the arena. No immediate injuries were reported.

The scene at the Superdome became increasingly chaotic, with thousands of people rushing from nearby hotels and other buildings, hoping to climb onto the buses taking evacuees from the arena, officials said. Paramedics became increasingly alarmed by the sight of people with guns.

Richard Zeuschlag, chief of the ambulance service that was handling the evacuation of sick and injured people from the Superdome, said it was suspending operations "until they gain control of the Superdome."

He said shots were fired at a military helicopter over the Superdome before daybreak.

He said the National Guard told him that it was sending 100 military police officers to restore order.

"That's not enough," Zeuschlag said. "We need a thousand."

Lt. Col. Pete Schneider of the Louisiana National Guard said the military -- which was handling the evacuation of the able-bodied from the Superdome -- had suspended operations, too, because fires set outside the arena were preventing buses from getting close enough to pick up people.

He said tens thousands of people started rushing out of other buildings when they saw buses pulling up and hoped to get on. But the immediate focus was on evacuating people from the Superdome, and the other refugees were left to mill around.

Zeuschlag said paramedics were calling him and crying for help because they were so scared of people with guns at the Superdome. He also said that during the night, when a medical evacuation helicopter tried to land at a hospital in the outlying town of Kenner, the pilot reported 100 people were on the landing pad, some with guns.

"He was frightened and would not land," Zeuschlag.

Thugs and criminals!! Apparently armed members of rival gangs.
A really bad situation, how do you get the bad guys without risking innocents being hurt or killed?
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY'RE DISPATCHING 8 SEAL TEAMS TO HELP
THIS IS GONNA GET INTERESTING.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsmias wrote:

Summary Execution for Gang Bangers with Guns. What is wrong with that?

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with a gun,,shoot to kill.....
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And some looters Mom will be next to squat in a ditch blaming Bush for murdering her son Evil or Very Mad

I am astonished at what is happening down there with so little preperation by people. I don't remember those who were swamped by the tsunami last year acting this way.

To me, it's a prime example of how people become as they grow totally dependent on government and forget how to take care of themselves for a bit.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsmias wrote:

Where did you get that information?
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
To me, it's a prime example of how people become as they grow totally dependent on government and forget how to take care of themselves for a bit.

You're right there Lew. A disproportionally large portion of the population of New Orleans has never worked except to go to the mailbox to get the govt. check each month.

Dusty
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: 100,000 Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
The death toll from this disaster may well reach over 100,000 before it's all said and done. There are an estimated 300,000 people still trapped in New Orleans. Anarchy is beginning to take over. Rescuers are being assulted and shot at. Evacuation efforts can not be sustained in this situation.
A large number of these people will not make it. No food, water and no way out but to swim. Bacteria and pestilence are going to take a huge toll.
This is beyond the scope of anyone to deal with.
Please pray fervently.

Dusty

I personally would doubt that number and there is no facts to back that up. I would like to know your link to the number of 300,000 still trapped. Have not heard it on any other link or channel.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is if you look at all those houses portrayed in the aerial photos...

These are in neighborhoods where the average schmo (folks like me) would not consider evacuating. Early on there was no sign of people. This is ominous, no matter how you cut the deck of cards.

Not everyone knows how to swim.

My guestimate is 2700. Just thinking about it makes me tend to puke.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Quote:
I personally would doubt that number and there is no facts to back that up. I would like to know your link to the number of 300,000 still trapped. Have not heard it on any other link or channel.

I heard that figure mentioned on Fox on Tuesday MT. Don't have link to it. But I heard it.
Then the post by shawa, http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20679
tends to qualify it a bit more.
I hadn't seen this yet, indeed shawa had not posted this when I made my comments, I was going by what I heard on Fox on Tue.
Of course everything is pure speculation at this point.
Dusty
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

And some looters Mom will be next to squat in a ditch blaming Bush for murdering her son Evil or Very Mad

I am astonished at what is happening down there with so little preperation by people. I don't remember those who were swamped by the tsunami last year acting this way.

I can just see Baghdad Cindy temporarily diverting her intended trip to Washington, DC, in order to join that aforementioned looter's Mom.

What's so frustrating is that the most vocal critics of the Administration are the ones most responsible for these folks' self-destructive behavior. After all, it's the Jacksons, Sharptons, Clintons, and Kennedys of the world that have promoted so many of the programs that have led to the triple antebellum slavery-like attitudes, behaviors, and conditions of lifelong, multigenerational, welfare dependency, perpetual victimhood, and irresponsibility.

As usual, it's progressive-in-THEORY, but regressive-in-PRACTICE. After 40+ years of this failed social experiment, you would think people would learn. Finally, I find it pretty ironic (and despicable) that so many that usually proclaim hatred and disrespect for our law enforcement and armed forces are now DEMANDING to be protected and saved by them!

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markasass wrote:
As usual, it's progressive-in-THEORY, but regressive-in-PRACTICE. After 40+ years of this failed social experiment, you would think people would learn. Finally, I find it pretty ironic (and despicable) that so many that usually proclaim hatred and disrespect for our law enforcement and armed forces are now DEMANDING to be protected and saved by them!

Ya'll are spot on and I would love to see a study conducted on how many of the looters are from fatherless homes. I would guess nearly all of them.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
markasass wrote:

Ya'll are spot on and I would love to see a study conducted on how many of the looters are from fatherless homes. I would guess nearly all of them.

Not to get too far off topic, but a good book related to this is "It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good" (Rick Santorum). This book clearly illustrates how so many liberals and leftists, some of whom are well-intentioned, but the vast majority of whom are merely interested in the political expedience of garnering votes, have so shamelessly squandered so much of the social, moral, intellectual, economic, and cultural capital that we all inherited and are all obligated to be good stewards of.

Finally, I happen to agree with Einstein's definition of "insanity". He said insanity was "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". This pretty much describes liberal and leftist philosophy to a "T", IMHO. This is why I happen to agree with Savage's proposition that "liberalism is a mental disorder".

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsmias wrote:

Shocked Very Happy

Now, maybe something can come out of this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: