SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Lousianna have any leadership?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

A damning indictment upon the voters of Lousianna. Who votes for these idiots?

The Senator,
Quote:
Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with physical violence on Sunday, saying that if he or any other government official criticizes New Orleans police for failing to keep civil order in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - "I might likely have to punch him - literally."

The Mayor,
Quote:
"Today was a turning point, I think," he said. "My philosophy is never get too high, never get too low. ... I always try to keep my emotions in check and yesterday I kind of went off a little bit. I was worried about that, but it maybe worked out. I don't know. If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened."

The Governor,

Still crying and cannot be quoted.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now would be a good time to have a recall vote in New Orleans and Louisiana. I'm sure what voters are left would have nothing to do with the current players.

Shell shocked teary-eyed Governor, a Paranoid delusional Mayor and a Senator who probably can't dress herself much less really serves her constituents.

Let’s send them an Igloo of KoolAid as a parting gift.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
jim692
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

"Adjusted for population size, the state ranks third in the number of elected officials convicted of crimes (Mississippi is No. 1). Recent scandals include the conviction of 14 state judges and an FBI raid on the business and personal files of a Louisiana congressman.

Ten billion dollars are about to pass into the sticky hands of politicians in the No. 1 and No. 3 most corrupt states in America. Worried about looting? You ain't seen nothing yet. "

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/343324p-292991c.html
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush's fault.....
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impeach the govenor for sure. Impeach the mayor... yes.

Impeach 2/3ds the judges, certainly.
Army_(Ret)
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:

The Senator,
Quote:
Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with physical violence on Sunday, saying that if he or any other government official criticizes New Orleans police for failing to keep civil order in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - "I might likely have to punch him - literally."

The Mayor,
Quote:
"Today was a turning point, I think," he said. "My philosophy is never get too high, never get too low. ... I always try to keep my emotions in check and yesterday I kind of went off a little bit. I was worried about that, but it maybe worked out. I don't know. If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened."

The Governor,

Yes, there is leadership.
A young black man walked down to the school bus yard for the entire Parish, saw hundreds of buses and after looking around found a set of keys from a blown out shed that fit a bus that wasn't submerged in water, drove the bus to the Dome, picked up 80 passengers and got them out of there. Yes there is some leadership. By the way, the young man never drove a bus before in his life.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

Army_(Ret) wrote:

Yes, there is leadership.
A young black man walked down to the school bus yard for the entire Parish, saw hundreds of buses and after looking around found a set of keys from a blown out shed that fit a bus that wasn't submerged in water, drove the bus to the Dome, picked up 80 passengers and got them out of there. Yes there is some leadership. By the way, the young man never drove a bus before in his life.

Saw that story and it is the kind of story of self-reliance our country was built on. Kudos for sure to that young man.
BigMoose
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more! Kudos to that young man.

In a similar vain, some local firefighters in my area are being recruited to head the 1400 miles down to NOLA, my thought is why are we not starting to recruit able bodied men from the domes to go on the payroll and start to help? Granted we need a majority of trained individuals, but I am sure many of these men would be of good service in NOLA, heaven knows they could use the work and income for their families...
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It occured to me that when Mayor Nagin climbed into Air Force One to met with President Bush he was read the Riot Act because immediatley afterward he was much more contrite. As for Landrieu, doesn't she know its a federal crime to threaten the President? The Secret Service out to read her the Riot Act too!
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have the Bush - Landreaux (before she changed her name) fight on Pay-For-View. The TEXAN and the CAJUN I can see it now.

Good thing the Senate has that great medical plan. Bush is one wirery sucker puncher. Of course Mayor "Girlie Man" Nagin is invited so there would be a second and final round for the audience.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

Good post and find on this article jim692
jim692 wrote:
"Adjusted for population size, the state ranks third in the number of elected officials convicted of crimes (Mississippi is No. 1). Recent scandals include the conviction of 14 state judges and an FBI raid on the business and personal files of a Louisiana congressman.

Ten billion dollars are about to pass into the sticky hands of politicians in the No. 1 and No. 3 most corrupt states in America. Worried about looting? You ain't seen nothing yet. "

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/343324p-292991c.html

The writer of this article, Errol Louis, hit the nail on the head with his last statement.
Wanna see 10 billion dollars evaporate with little good to show for it? Just watch.

And does anyone wanna take bets on how many in the MSM will post pictures of all the flooded buses still parked in their bus yards in N.O. which didn't carry one person to saftey before the storm hit. If it had been a Republican Mayor and Gov. these pics would be all over the news.

Dusty
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

dusty wrote:

And does anyone wanna take bets on how many in the MSM will post pictures of all the flooded buses still parked in their bus yards in N.O. which didn't carry one person to saftey before the storm hit. If it had been a Republican Mayor and Gov. these pics would be all over the news.

Dusty

If it was a Republican Mayor and Governor, the buses would have been used. Smile

SBD
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

SBD wrote:

If it was a Republican Mayor and Governor, the buses would have been used. Smile

SBD

Great point SBD. So true.

Dusty
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Lousianna have any leadership? Reply with quote

What can anyone say except, they are Democrats.

GenrXr wrote:

The Senator,
Quote:

The Mayor,
Quote:

The Governor,

Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain and simple.... There were THREE disasters that hit NOLA, in sequence, and over the time period of several days.

First there was the actual hurricane.
Second there was the flooding.
Third there was the fact that Governor and Mayor were found to be AWOL.

There were a number of other sub-plots and faults, but that's the big three.

The third disaster was eminently preventable!

But now the liberal left is trying to spin it thusly: "Well, you can't blame the victims."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: