SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will be inside New Orleans tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Will be inside New Orleans tomorrow Reply with quote

Will post pics and report on what is seen within this thread. Wireless is tough to come by at the moment so if it ends up being a couple of days, very sorry.

Air Cards (i.e.wireless internet offered by vorizon, cingular & sprint) are at best working at a sadists pulse so it is hard to get access to the internet.

Will post some informative and interesting news soon.

Was just thinking about the line I got from a Ross Perot autobiography "An activist is the person who cleans the water not the one claiming its dirty".

Damn, that fits our US military to a T, who are now cleaning up the New Orleans mess (water, mud, sludge & stuff noone else would touch) while the politicians pontificate.

Hoorah US Military!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be posting today what I saw...not much by the way. In short form: Category 3 hit NO resulting in limited damage, but corrupt politics ruling the day. The photo op where Bush took a ride in a truck down a water ravaged area was the only place left in the city with water. New Orleans is High & Dry. Fact is I was duped by the media into thinking the worse happened when in actuality a Cat 3 hit NO and some levees broke, but it was hardly the damage the city would of suffered from a Cat 5. Truth is this is all politics and CYA from corrupt LA politicians.

The real damage is in Gulfport and Biloxi where the Cat 4 hit. God help us should a 1998 Cat 5 Mitch huricane hit us. A storm with 180 mile an hour sustained with gusts appraoching 300 miles an hour. This storm moved mountains and killed every Honduran in sight. A real monster.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fact is I was duped by the media into thinking the worse happened when in actuality a Cat 3 hit NO and some levees broke

The leftstream media, duping the public? Shocked Say it isn't so Wink

From every news network and media outlet, you wouldn't think there was very much damage to Biloxi and Gulfport at all. Of course, citizens in those areas are working to restore their communities alredy, not whining about no help.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's as plain as the nose on my face, if the levees had not failed, NOLA's damage would of been modest, less than that felt even across the Ponchiatrain by places like Slidell where the eye passed. Remember the night of the strike prior to the levee break? Fox broadcasted live from the Quarter where folks were drinking alcohol at operating bars in the dark. Another broadcast focused on the physical damage to the Quarter, mostly blown off shutters and broken glass.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put pics up at my server and apoligize for not having more New Orleans pictures but there just wasn't much to photograph. Check out the Katrina photos 8 pictures which I took 3 miles east of Gulfport. Mississippi was hit so hard by this storm. Pics 8 are of the lucky houses that weren't turned into matchsticks. The media has not played straight with us through this ordeal and I highly suspect it is meant to provide cover for corrupt politicians in Louisianna.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
It's as plain as the nose on my face, if the levees had not failed, NOLA's damage would of been modest, less than that felt even across the Ponchiatrain by places like Slidell where the eye passed.

Hmmm, perhaps a rephrasing of this? IF the money intended for levee improvements had been spent FOR levee improvements, there wouldn't have been any footage at all.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are corrupt politicians in Louisiana?
Who would have guessed it?
Most of the country has no concept (or had no concept before this exposure) of the generations of La. residents that have had to live 'under the thumb' of corruption. It's been a 'way of life', an 'institution unto itself' for as long as I can remember and I'm 61.
Vote em out? No way. Elections for key offices are bought and paid for and the results ensured before the first vote is cast over there.
The population did make a major effort when they broke the back of the labor unions and voted in a 'Right to Work' law. That cleaned up a little of the mess, but not much.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: