SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What a difference competent Leadership makes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: What a difference competent Leadership makes. Reply with quote

From Rush's website.

WHich one shows competent leaders at work.

Last edited by GM Strong on Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to hear all about how Texas benefited from the lessons learned from Katrina. (It's not fair).

I'm sorry. If FEMA was that bad when Katrina hit, there has not been enough time to restructure FEMA and rewrite plans. Besides, FEMA is almost totally preoccupied with Katrina. This is all about responsible leadership. It does not even need to be about responsible leadership.....it is about the absence of incompetent leadership and criminal negligence (and not being stuck on stupid).
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like things are going a lot smoother in Texas due to good leadership. I am just waiting for the first moonbat to stand up and say that George Bush did a fine job. They are always so quick to blame him, but just once give him the credit. I know this will not happen, they will find another angle to go after him, they always do.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
..... I am just waiting for the first moonbat to stand up and say that George Bush did a fine job.

Never happen. What they WILL say is that George Bush obviously favored his home state over the other, less deserving areas of the country.

Schadow
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homesteader wrote:
We are going to hear all about how Texas benefited from the lessons learned from Katrina. (It's not fair).

I'm sorry. If FEMA was that bad when Katrina hit, there has not been enough time to restructure FEMA and rewrite plans. Besides, FEMA is almost totally preoccupied with Katrina. This is all about responsible leadership. It does not even need to be about responsible leadership.....it is about the absence of incompetent leadership and criminal negligence (and not being stuck on stupid).

Yes it is fair, but you forget to take account of the plans of the state government of Texas and if FEMA was bad before, they can execute plans from what they learned in the past and do it quickly as they have done. This should be a team effort and everyone has to take blame.

I think sometimes this site has become like the DU site has become a RU site and has forgotten what it was established for, to defeat John F. Kerry.
Just MHO
Demaris
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least in this section of the site, it's not all about John Kerry, is it?

Anyways, I'm here in the Katy area, and we're waiting for Rita to come knocking. My family and I decided to stay.

And all I can say is that I'm impressed by the calm way that Houstonians and Galvestonians, and most people living on the coastal areas around here have gone about their business of getting the heck out of Dodge. Of course, there's lots of heavy traffic, but that's to be expected, and they're working on helping people evac safely.

All I know is...there's a difference between the way Houstonians act and the way New Orleanians act. And the media should get over itself and stop trying to compare Rita to Katrina. It's like apples to oranges.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Nutso wrote:
..... I am just waiting for the first moonbat to stand up and say that George Bush did a fine job.

Never happen. What they WILL say is that George Bush obviously favored his home state over the other, less deserving areas of the country.

Schadow

Moonbats will say the other areas are more deserving. Confused
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Demaris,

"Well, at least in this section of the site, it's not all about John Kerry, is it?"

No it is not, but look at the postings and see what they say. I am glad you joined us and hope in the next conflict you will be in the front of the attack and this site is for and always against Jfk in his actions then, now and in the future. Period!
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mr Boone that we must never forget the main mission was to stop Kerry. I enjoy this site and the postings on it and have learned so much from it and its members and enjoy the numerous topics that are discussed here, but we must be ready to rise again to stop sKerry should he rise again. Personally I think he is not going to ever get the nomination again, but we must be ready. I thank God every day for the Swifties that started this site and were the main reason he is not our president today, and history will show them to be great men who stopped a big wrong.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone: Don´t worry. I have not forgotten why this site was
started and many others have not forgotten either.

My blood pressure still rises every time I hear Kerry´s name
or see him on television. This happened to me before this
site was ever started and continues to this day.

Kerry had the nerve to come out here and smooze with
Montana´s governor recently. I became ill just knowing he was here.
My governor should hang his head in shame for allowing Kerry
to set foot in this state.

Thank God, the Swifties (and the voters) that Kerry is not president of this great country!

Montana
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to both MTBoone and Montana. I came along after you guys but I'm pissed off at Kerry all the same. He besmirched MY uniform too (different branch, different era, but the same insult), and I don't think he is fit to lick the dog **** off the bottom of my 25-year-old combat boots (darn fine work boots for around the house stuff).

My father and my uncles fought in WW2 and 4 of the 5 were wounded. Those men had balls, and they fought for their country and for the greater good. The knew they were fighting evil. I was damn proud to wear the uniform a couple of my uncles wore.

Skerry STILL doesn't get that communism is evil at its core. He apparently slept through the Kmer Rouge (Cambodia) and the Great Cultural Revolution (China) and the gulag (USSR) and the boat people leaving Vietnam after we split. I guess he missed the Tienanmen Massacre (must have been windsurfing at the time).

Legitimate governments do not shoot citizens for trying to leave or trying to make things better.
Demaris
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Boone,

I actually was here as Momthing back in the early days of the campaign. I think I joined in August.

But I couldn't find my password for that account; either that, or the account is inactive.

So I started this new one. But I do have to say that even though I was born, bred and raised a Democrat, the company they keep these days has turned me completely away from that party.

Oh....one more thing...did anybody notice how GW got blamed for gasoline being in such short supply during the Hurricane Rita evacuation?

He can't seem to win for losing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: