SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you Senator Ted Stevens for being a voice of reason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Thank you Senator Ted Stevens for being a voice of reason Reply with quote

As part of the 2006 Defense Spending bill Debate, Sen.McCain proposed an amendment (let's call it the 'Torture Amendment) forcing our troops to use the Geneva Convention when dealing with Terrorist Prisoners/Detainees. After hours of debate, the first voice of reason was Senator Ted Stevens who properly reminded the Senators in attendance that the Geneva Convention had nothing to do with terrorists, but that it applied only to The Military (Ours, and every other 'Countries' Military, only). He indicated that he could not support such an amendment that would begin the slippery slope to obfuscate (my word) the 'rules of engagement' and (as usual) compromise our guys, while again (as usual) giving the advantage to our enemy. Again, I'm agreeing here with Senator Stevens that as usual, these clueless senators are 'openning the door' to the slippery slope to hampering the Military, as opposed to supporting our Military. Hampering the Military during this War on Terror can only begin the same process that immasculated the Military in Vietnam. McCain is (again) simply showing his hand as a Pawn of our Anti-War, Anti-America foes of every stripe.

just my 2 cents,

Deuce
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Stevens is, of course, right on the money. Granting Geneva and Hague protections to terrorists gives them an elevation of stature to an undeserved status. Even without the niceties of working for a recognized government, there has to be some equivalent behavior between combatants in a conflict to justify these protections. The terrorists possess none of the qualities that would bring them even close to the standards observed by our troops.

Terrorists that are captured should be wrung dry of any intelligence they may possess, then incarcerated in sufficiently humane conditions until they can be dumped back into the rats nest they came from, and only when we decide it's safe to do so. And no lawyers should be allowed near them.

Schadow
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I will never be able to understand if I live to be 100 is how someone
who served in the military could be so clueless about matters like this. My
father was a USN veteran of WII, but neither I or my husband have ever
served in the armed forces (although we do live in a miltary town). If I
can understand this such a simple concept, why can't McCain????
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its about time the photographs of the markets bombed and those beheaded were sent to Senator McCain to remind him what the other side does. In order for any "convention" to work, both sides must agree, hence the word - convention.

Personally, I'm still in favor of forcing each terrorist captured to raise and nurture a pig and those killed to be buried with a slice of ham in their mouths.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goophy Dog,

You are too kind. Instead of feeding dead terrorists ham, they should be fed to the pigs so they can spend eternity as manure in a pig yard.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that straight talking, 'maverick', high minded John (did I tell you he was a POW) McCain says this is not about who the enemy is but who we are. I read that as an imperial 'we' save for the 'touchy-feelies' who buy into it. The rest of us can't see the enemy as the MSM hides the photos of bombings and the WTC and show only Abu Grahb because the military is hiding the carpet bombing and nuking of innocents; we're such evil war mongerers! As always, John (did I tell you he was a POW) McCain is posturing to both sides. After he mucks up the GOP primaries he'l go independent. John (did I tell you he was a POW) McCain's abiding concern is what's in it for him.

Goophy there's a twist on a medieval punishment, dis-embowl a hog (originally an ass), insert the perp' with his head out the anus and leave him. Frankly, that seems a waste of pork. I'ld be content to feed them Spam surprise, bury them in pig merde and plant a tree.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, I'm still in favor of forcing each terrorist captured to raise and nurture a pig and those killed to be buried with a slice of ham in their mouths.

Quote:
You are too kind. Instead of feeding dead terrorists ham, they should be fed to the pigs so they can spend eternity as manure in a pig yard.

Quote:
....there's a twist on a medieval punishment, dis-embowl a hog (originally an a**), insert the perp' with his head out the anus and leave him. Frankly, that seems a waste of pork. I'ld be content to feed them Spam surprise, bury them in pig merde and plant a tree.

Come now, people. Is this the level of discourse to which we have sunk? To punish pigs like that is just over the top. Moderators, where are you? Rolling Eyes

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic relates to Ted Stevens. Now that we've had our little diversion, please return to it.

Thanks/me#1
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idoitic mess passed 90 - 9.
Can we recall the looser R's who actually voted for it?????
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:

It passed the Senate, hopefully, the House will Nix it. As W has vetoed nothing, I have little hope there. He promised to veto McCain-Feingold, but folded when it came up, same with the Highway National Pork Fund. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Capt McQueeg keeps sticking his finger is my President's eye and it's time for him to get slapped down. 'In "08 No McCain-No Way'
Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:

AF
Apparently about 50 too many....but our Beacon of Integrity, Ted Stevens, held his ground and voted against it. The one ray of hope is the fact that, since this is the hairbrain scheme of John (we hear he was a POW) McCain and fortunately missing from the House version, In conference it could, with luck, be MIA completely in the final version of any law passed.

Deuce
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait til these ninnies realize they've given murderous nihilists more 'legal rights' than our recruits. McCain (of knife and fork school) will change those boot camps to fight this war with the pansies required. Where's Patsy Schroeder when you need her?

-Wlm Shakespeare
AMOS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: McPain's brain. Reply with quote

I'm a-thinking those years as a POW and the Arizona heat have fried McPain's brain. I wonder what Papa and Grandpa would think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: