SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corsi: Saudi Arabia isn't running out of oil!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Corsi: Saudi Arabia isn't running out of oil! Reply with quote

Dr. Corsi injects an "abiotic" theory of oil production into the oil reserves debate, a theory about which I was unfamiliar. Interesting...

Quote:
Saudi Arabia isn't running out of oil!
Jerome Corsi
WorldNetDaily Exclusive Commentary
November 1, 2005

<snip>

The abiotic, deep-earth theory of oil would suggest even these estimates may be low. The fastest growing segment of the oil industry is offshore exploration. Over 70 percent of the surface of the Earth is covered by water. If we are not relying upon rotting dinosaurs to be responsible for oil, we might ask how much oil there remains to be found where we have never looked – even deeper in the world's seas, beyond the continental shelves we know are oil-rich.

We invite Mr. Simmons to debate us. These are important issues to the American public at times of escalated oil prices and record oil industry profits. "Black Gold Stranglehold" argues for a national energy policy that will build more refineries and get more oil supply into the economy at a time when worldwide oil reserves have never been estimated higher. Americans are being needlessly scared that the world is running out of oil. Gasoline and heating oil prices can and should come down.

World Net Daily - cont'd
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Corsi may be referring to this debate:
http://www.questionsquestions.net/docs04/peakoil1.html

When some of us who are old enough to be VietNam Veterans were in grade school (that would be the fifties and early sixties), we may have been assured that "at current consumption rates" we would run out of oil by the time we are at our current age.

I am now at my current age (have been, for some time ... Smile ), and oddly enough, we haven't run out of oil. They keep "discovering new fields" as time passes.

However, I am convinced beyond doubt that by the time I'm twice my current age, we will either have run out of oil, or not.

I would not bet money on either the abiotic or non-abiotic (?) viewpoint, nor would I be willing to bet a reputation on theories as unprovable from either perspective as this one.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:

However, I am convinced beyond doubt that by the time I'm twice my current age, we will either have run out of oil, or not.

Hard to argue that ( Laughing ) and, I might add, by the time I'm twice my age, I will be contributing directly to the fossil fuel reserves Wink
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mr. Corsi, and his co-author have an interesting theory that they've been hitting the circuit with ie; Coast-to-Coast et al.

Unfortunately, such a theory encourages the utterly wasteful trends that we Americans continue to follow such as our utter failure to investigate and utilize alternative energy sources. While there may be plenty of oil available world-wide the base fact remains the U.S. doesn't sit on it and with China and other countries finally pulling themselves out of the fire/stick age, there is going to be serious competition for the supply.

Consider this:

1) We have areas in our country where pig farms, feed lots, dairy farms and chicken ranches have created an uproar of protest by the locals because of smell and pollution yet the very substance argued over could not only power the farm, ranch or lot, but quite a bit of the local town itself. IF ONLY IT WAS ENCOURAGED AND PROMOTED. (ref: anaerobic digesters and fuel cell technology) To cap it off, this is a RENEWABLE resource.

2) Solar cell technology at best continues to yield less than 20% efficiency. More money is probably spent designing and building levees on a flood plain. We have in our country areas well suited for solar collection yet we've failed to expand our understanding and capability.

Just two examples out of several available to us for alternative energy. But because it is far more convienent to simply buy old technology we have painted ourselves into a corner where the only way out is to continue to rely on foreign sources of energy. Mr. Corsi and others encourage this activity saying all we need to do is increase exploration and processing capacity because there is far more oil out there and hey, it may even be self-regenerating.

Wrong road Mr. Corsi. The U.S. should be a world leader in the use of alternative energy and in the process freeing ourselves of reliance on energy sources outside of our borders. Instead we continue to be lead by the nose to the Saudi trough with halters made by GM, Ford, and Chrysler. We continue to fill the coffers of nations inimical to us and friendly to those who would do us harm. Think on it, at the end of the day we're actually paying the terrorists.

And yes, my car does smell like french fries.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The theory has been around for years, but the conentional wisdom refuses to accept it. When I was a kid Plate Tectonics was radical, now it is accepted. Note where oil is found, notably around fracture zones and upheavals of the plates. Well, well could it be that organics percolate up from the core. More and more data shows yes. Oil is being found in places where the biomass theories don't make sense. Pooh-pooh the idea if you will, but do not be surprised if it changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: