SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The etiology of Bush Derangement Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: The etiology of Bush Derangement Syndrome Reply with quote

Charles Krauthammer has defined Bush Derangement Syndrome as, "the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush."

A psychologist in Ann Arbor, MI, who blogs under the name "Dr. Sanity", has written a piece which devastatingly reveals what the Democrats and the MSM are up to, whether they realize it or not.

His analysis explains the bizarre conclusion that more and more people are coming up with as the solution to the worlds problems. John Hinderaker at PowerLine puts it thus:

Quote:
I've long thought that this is the main explanation not only for Bush-hatred, but for the blame-America-first syndrome that has existed for decades. If everything is America's fault, then the world isn't such a dangerous place after all, and we Americans (or Westerners) are still in control. All we have to do is elect appeasers, and external threats will melt away.

Dr. Sanity's piece is long but I would encourage all here to read it. It gives a truly cogent view of what we're up against:

Quote:
The number of things that Bush has been blamed for in this world since 9/11 (even acts of God like Tsunamis, hurricanes and other natural disasters) is the stuff of major comedy. You name the horrible event, and he is identified as the etiologic agent.

He is blamed when he does something (anything) and he is blamed when he does nothing. He is blamed for things that occurred even before he was President, as well as everything that has happened since. He is blamed for things he says; and for things he doesn't say.

What makes Bush Hatred completely insane however, is the almost delusional degree of unremitting certitude of Bush's evil; while simultaneously believing that the TRUE perpetrators of evil in the world are somehow good and decent human beings with the world's interests at heart.

This psychological defense mechanism is referred to as "displacement".

One way you can usually tell that an individual is using displacement is that the emotion being displaced (e.g., anger) is all out of proportion to the reality of the situation. The purpose of displacement is to avoid having to cope with the actual reality. Instead, by using displacement, an individual is able to still experience his or her anger, but it is directed at a less threatening target than the real cause. In this way, the individual does not have to be responsible for the consequences of his/her anger and feels more safe--even thought that is not the case.

This explains the remarkable and sometimes lunatic appeasement of Islamofascists by so many governments around the world, while they trash the US and particularly Bush. It explains why there is more emphasis on protecting the "rights" of terrorists, rather than holding them accountable for their actions (their actions, by the way are also Bush's fault, according to those in the throes of Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS). Our soldiers in Iraq are being killed because of Bush--not because of terrorist intent and behavior. Terrorist activity itself is blamed on Bush no matter where it occurs.

It isn't even a stretch of the imagination for some to blame 9/11 on Bush. This is the insane "logic" of most psychological defense mechanisms. They temporarily spare you from the painful reality around you and give you the illusion that you are still in control.

This is exactly the illusion/delusion circulating in the minds of many of the Bush Haters. They want desperately to forget that there is a tidal wave of terror reverberating around the world and to pretend that everything is America's and Bush's fault. If that is true, then they will still be in control of events.

So what do they do? They lionize terrorists like Zarqawi ("freedom-fighters"). They explain away the horror and brutality by refering to them as "insurgents" and "militants". They support Palestinian suicide bombings as justified and see the Palestinians--not as independent agents acting of choice, but as victims of America and Israel.

They sincerely believe that Osama is a reasonable person and seek dialog with him; but that Bush is not. They threaten violence toward Bush and hold demonstrations; and placate and enable those who would implement Sharia Law in their country without a qualm. Hundreds of their fellow countrymen are murdered by terrorists, but they demand that troops be pulled out of Iraq (thinking that if they hadn't cooperated with the evil BushHitler, their countrymen would have been spared).

Rather than blame the terrorists; rather than admitting they have to take action against them; their fear is transformed to anger and displaced onto President Bush. If everything is his fault, then the reality of what happened does not have to be faced (this also explains the intense psychological denial that these same individuals tend to have about 9/11).

Bush becomes the "criminal mastermind", so devious, so evil, that everything he says is a "lie", everything he does is part of a vast global conspiracy. His family has intimate ties to Bin Laden and the Saudis; He is trying to enrich his oil business friends; He is trying to avenge the insult to his father by getting rid of Saddam; he plans world domination etc. etc. I could go on and on, but you get the point.

What is most funny is that these psychologically naive individuals simultaneously think of Bush as this "criminal mastermind"--a genius of evil; and also as a complete moron who isn't capable of uttering a sentence without making a hash of it; or that his brain is controlled by the equally evil Karl Rove.

The cognitive dissonance required to have all these contradictory beliefs swirling around in one's brain is astonishing. But besides the primary function it serves to erase from consciousness what is happening in the world today, it is serving a secondary purpose--it makes them feel in control of what might come.

They can predict with the complete accuracy of the delusional mind that whatever happens--whatever horror is unleased by Al Qaeda or Hamas or Islamic Jihad--was caused by President Bush's actions/inactions/intentions (take your pick).

They can conduct a brave protest march against the evil Bush...but clearly they don't dare protest real terror or terrorist acts the way that the Jordanians or the Lebanese did, for example. The terrorists are simply poor, misunderstood individuals who have been oppressed by...Bush. Get rid of Bush (or America; or Israel) and voila! Problem solved!

It would be a foolproof defense against the threat, except...except...if it weren't for ... reality. It would be foolproof, except that the REAL horror; the REAL evil will just not go away. The REAL evil just gets bolder and more aggressive. Like the Nazis in the last century, the REAL evil will not be appeased, and is aware of this psychological weakness inherent in their enemies. In fact, they count on it - because by exploiting it is the only way the terrorists can win.

As I said at the beginning of this piece, those who are mindful and deliberate in their attacks and are using them for personal political gain; or to advance a totalitarian agenda are simply evil. But there are many people who normally have some degree of goodwill and sense. Those are the people I am trying to wake up. Think and ask yourselves-- what you are doing? Look around at what is going on in the world.

It is not Bush who is lopping off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia. It is not Karl Rove who is exhorting mindless minions to explode at wedding parties in Jordan. It is not Bush's policies that have induced immigrant Muslims to riot in France.

It is the cold-hearted ruthlessness of a fanatical ideology that intends to wipe our civilization off the map. It will not be appeased, and the more you feed it with appeasement, the stronger and bolder it gets. Please note, that since 9/11 there have not been any direct attacks on the U.S. homeland. They have settled for smaller "hit and run" targets of opportunity. Why? Because they rightly fear what we might do if another attack occurred (and besides, they have the MSM and the Left to wage their attacks on the homeland).

This is not to say that such attacks might not occur when the enemy has the sense that America will never fight back. There are many who give them that assurance daily.

As a psychiatrist I work with patients who use maladaptive psychological defenses all the time. The goal of treatment is to help them develop insight and self awareness and begin to take responsibility for their own lives and actions; and to face reality--no matter how painful or unpleasant--not to close their eyes and hope and wish it will go away.

In other words, to act like mature adults and deal with it.

As long as they focus all their energy on hating Bush and act like the whiny petulant and angry child, who expects daddy to instantaneously make everything better-- or else they won't like it; then they don't ever have to act like mature adults and cope with reality in a mature fashion. It is soooo much easier to blame everything on daddy.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012248.php

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2005/11/lets-discuss-bush-derangement-syndrome.html

Schadow
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight in my mind. A guy named Dr. Sanity says members of the MSM and liberal left are deranged, right?

WHO KNEW?

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for this thread, the timing of it was perfect for me. I have been conversing on another board where "BDS" is prevalent and the Sane thinkers are outnumbered about 10 to 1. What I began to immediately notice, is that those who suffer from this syndrome also (coincidentally) make statements, comments, use abbreviations, provide links, and use alternate/degrading names for Republican leaders, ALL of which are eerily the same and being used by ALL the LL across the board, as if they all received a 'daily briefing'. At first I simply thought they were just mimmicking each other, as perhaps high school or college kids would, but these folks are neither. I was baffled by the sound of a party-line ring and 'group think' among adults, but it wasn't until my son (who would rather eat dirt than discuss politics), began repeating exact same disinformation, that I did some looking around, including some research here. I figured if I was aware and questioning this phenomenon, someone here would be MORE aware long before I caught on, lol. And I was right. What I discovered, ya'll already had, long ago. Low and behold, the 'group think' and repetitive spewing from the LL "democrat", has an "***********" (edited by admin/me#1) source, which would have been more appropriately titled, "We Hate Bush" (WHB). (Deleted by admin/me#1) from which to pull all of the above mentioned and is clearly designed to assist in spreading propoganda, a Rebuttal 101, if you will.
In reading back through the threads here, a lot of mention was made (don't know how I missed it!) that this site was a source for many LL, prior to the election, and STILL is! In fact, it would seem that 'WHB' movement, fueled by the loss of the election, seems to have gained significant momentum (Plame/Wilson/Libby, CIA secret prision leaks, Phase II Senate fiasco, 'Bush Lied' campaign, etc.) and IMO, all is an effort to ultimately seek the impeachment of GWB.
Re: the website, it seems to me that a whole lot of effort by someone is being put into maintaining such a significant source of disinformation and since I am just newly aware of this site, I am wondering if anyone done any significant research on them? sponsorship, etc.? Do similar sites exist? Is there an equal, yet opposite site?

(if this is a no,no conversation, admin please advise).

Admin note: Paraphrasing a particular discussion occuring within another forum is acceptable. However, identifying the source can easily be construed as an opening salvo in a "forum war" and we frown upon that here. Interested parties may feel free to PM a member as to the source should they feel the need. We appreciate your consideration/me#1 Wink
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
.....Re: the website, it seems to me that a whole lot of effort by someone is being put into maintaining such a significant source of disinformation and since I am just newly aware of this site, I am wondering if anyone done any significant research on them? sponsorship, etc.? Do similar sites exist? Is there an equal, yet opposite site?.....

I'm not sure which site you're referring to. Moveon.org, perhaps? They seem to be the center of gravity of the trash Bush effort and are amply funded by Soros, etc.

The whole point of generating BDS in people is to put Democrats back in power with maybe a juicy impeachment along the way for dessert. They care about these things to the exclusion of the survivability of our country. Most Democrats are probably patriots, but lack the sense to see that what they're doing could have tragic results.

In "normal" times, faced with "normal" enemies, the country could probably survive such a circus but, as pointed out in the writing above, the current enemy, Islamofacism, could care less about our political squabbles just so long as appeasers win out in the end.

Schadow
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should call this American Derangement Syndrome (ADS), because Bush is more liberal then John Kennedy was. I mean lets call it for what it is. These people hate America and everything it stands for and wish for a revolution so they can create another supposed egalitarian utopia which always leads to a totalitarian government. The fact that as many people voted for Kerry in the last election scares the hell out of me. Do the normal Democrats actually realize what forces run their party now and what they wish for America? Obviously not, but they better get a clue and fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: