SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America's patriots are misguided
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodBlessUSA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: America's patriots are misguided Reply with quote

I am confused in a day when people like Rush Limbaugh (medical deferment and did not go to Vietnam) and Sean Hannity (whos never to my knowledge served) are considered patriots and couragous.

At the same time I see John McCain and John Kerry, both who volunteered to join the military and served being ridiculed (i.e. injuries were not bad enough, did not stay long enough.

I dont think any of the swift vets here can deny that John Kerry was not in the line of fire against enemies of the United States. I am not saying he was the best captain, or the most courageous, but he did have the guts to enlist during war time, go to Vietnam and participate in missions that were life threatning.....and now we chastize him for it??????

I believe when compared against George Bush (jr), Bill Clinton, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity.....John Kerry has more creditability as to be called a war hero.

If you dont like Kerrys politics dont vote for him, if you disagree the fact he went before congress after the war to try to convey to them his opinion that the Vietnam war was wrong, dont vote for him.

But lets give some credit to those who did enlist and serve their country and lets quit raising people who sit on their a** and talk over the radio as American Heros......

Military American Heros cross the spectrum of politics and we should salute them all:

Bob Dole
John McCain
John Kerry
Bob Kerry
Colin Powell
Wessly Clark
Dave Rittiford
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read john kerry's slanderous testimony to congress and come
back and edit him out of that list of soldiers.

john kerry is a traitor

use a little scholarship so you don't look so foolish
there is a exhibit in communist Vietnam's war musseum
honoring john kerry for his efforts to help defeat
America.

Yeah, God Bless America!
recongrunt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Patriots Reply with quote

An absolute patriot will offer his life, his fortune and his sacred honor for his or her country. Many folks like Hannity, Rush etc. get paid big bucks to expound their thoughts. This is fine but the question is; will a person lay down his life for his country or his friends on the field of battle? If he is wealthy will he put his fortune in jepordy for the sake of his country?

An absolute warrior will follow this same path and never turn against his comrades. Hannity and Rush were not warriors but they are probably good patriots. Only they know if they would offer their fortunes to save their country.

Once upon a time Kerry was at least a short time warrior but in my view he can no longer be called a warrior nor a patriot. He offered aid and comfort to the enemy and was never punished for this breach of honor and patriotism. Now he wants to be President and I cannot vote for or respect a man who helped the North win the war. The leaders of North Vietnam have thanked John Kerry by posting his picture in their war musem. If Kerry and those like him had been patriots the war would have been won and the sacrifices of our brave warriors would not have been in vain.

C. W. Standiford
3rd Recon/3rd Marines
Vietman 67-69
www.burymewithsoldiers.com
recongrunt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: For XREPUBLICAN Reply with quote

Don't forget the Democrats got us into Vietnam. I have accepted the fact the our blood was wasted, but I will never accept those who helped waste it. Had we been victorious Vietnam would be free today and although we don't hear much about it , Vietnam is still a brutal country against those who would be free.

C. W. Standiford
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks recongrunt; I couldn't have said it better! Was that Marine Force Recon? I do believe I helped pick you guys up in CH-46s from time to time!Semper Fi!

Oh, and XRepub, you ARE ignorant: Ignorant of what Kerry did to 'Nam vets (you're not one, so why would you know?); ignorant of his treason ("visits" to Paris to meet the NV and VC delegations - his own words!); and ignorant of how he behaved in Vietnam. You can get Chapter 3 of Unfit for Command for free; would you like to start your education now? If not, just do us a favor and go back to moveon.org or DU or whatever barking moonbat cave you flew out of! Thatisall ...

P.S. I know people, I'm feeding a troll, but hey - sometimes it's fun!
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these guys names...I wonder if maybe they were some of the ones at the Dummy Convention who after the speeches were over threw the Americans flags onto the floor..That is how well they love and honor this Country...John Kerry opened this bag of worms and now vets who have remained silent are going to speak their mind and there is nothing going to stop us from doing it...Most of these clowns have been taught by the same ones who demostrated against us during and after the war...I wonder if they minded all the Cambodians who died as a result of Kerry's and other anti's actions...I doubt it..
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XRepublican wrote:
waltjones wrote:
XRepub: Your ignorance is showing. There is a wealth of info about what Kerry did to us. You aren't a 'Nam vet, so I don't expect you to understand., but you really need to get educated. Semper Fi!

Ignorant? I don't think so. College graduate, with honors, 3.50 GPA. I did a research paper on the Iraqi War.

I am soooooooo impressed! Wink

I barely made it out of high school. Wanna debate John Kerry? Very Happy
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you come here to lie. You claim in one thread that you voted for Reagan, then now you claim to have just graduated college and did a paper on the Iraq war. At best that puts you in about kindergarten when Reagan was elected. So go troll elsewhere your ignorance is showing through. Oh and you forgot to mention Bush Sr. so if you converted to the demodummby party in 2000 well lets say your story is falling apart. Semper Fi.
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
waltjones wrote:
XRepub: Your ignorance is showing. There is a wealth of info about what Kerry did to us. You aren't a 'Nam vet, so I don't expect you to understand., but you really need to get educated. Semper Fi!

Ignorant? I don't think so. College graduate, with honors, 3.50 GPA. I did a research paper on the Iraqi War.

I have lots of sources.

U.S. Military has killed over 10,000 Iraqi civilians so far. www.iraqbodycount.com

Wow, XRepub is an academic airhead as well as leftist filth!!!!!!!!

Why am I not surprised? Laughing

Wonder where he got his degree? Most of us here got ours at the Univ of South Vietnam, School of Warfare.Not at Politically Correct University.

Note he quotes Iraqbodycount to slander the Iraqi Veteran. Evil or Very Mad

Iraqi body count routinely counts the iraqi civilians murdered in the carbombs set by anti-American terrorists and blames them on the US soldier.

Xrepublican represents Kerry well! He is the essence of Kerrys anti-American philosophy!

I say let him stay. He only discredits Kerry with his anti-American arguments.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting tired of these chickenhawk charges against good americans by the left and the everyone who goes to war is a hero all of the sudden, when in the 60's they were trashing everyone that went to war as being evil. Fact of the matter is you are not a hero just for being in a war it is your actions in life whether in war or not which determine how the world will in the end view you. Rush and hannity imho are wariors and are serving their country in a manner that best suits them and thankfully for my family will pay dividends my children will see. When the gulf war started in 91' my father demanded I stay home and not enlist telling me our family has shed enough blood and unless it was a major war we shouldn't be involved. Although I still disagree with him there is no doubt that many famlies show the same sentiment when it comes to serving. The moral relativity of the left of declaration of actions as being good only when it suits their power demands must be stopped. A person should be judged on his actions regardless of in war or not. I keep thinking of something my grandfather said to me when I was about 8 years old and watching a dodgers game on TV with him. He was explaining the hand gestures of the base coaches to the dugout and I asked him if soldiers had their own set of gestures for fighting. He laughed and said yes but some knew them better then others. When I got older and discussed this with my father, he explained to me that during the war my grandfather went through several unfit officers which he would have sent back to deskwork. This really rings hard when thinking of Kerrys 4 months "in country". Kerry leads us to believe it was his altruistic need to do more here at home but I would beg to offer he was unfit to have a weapon slung and giving commands. People need to know that during war the fit and unfit are found out very fast and those not fit to serve are shipped away.

As for Americas actions in vietnam if were guilty of anything as a nation its not winning the war and protecting South Vietnam from the north and Cambodia from Pol Pot. The cold hard fact is America if guilty of anything in world events it is guilty of inaction not actions. We should have listened to Churchill and allowed Patton to keep his tanks rolling east. Churchill made a promise to the polish leaders they would be liberated from the soviets and we let them down. We made another promise to the south vietnamese and let them down.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Glad you appreciate it. Wink
copsden
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this anti military crap going on in here by these sniveling juveniles who think because they went to college, they know what is going on. As a few of you said in here. you did not go to college, however you did go to war. I am one of you too. I did not go to college, however, I am smart enough to know since i have been to war. There is no such thing as innocent civilians in a war of terrorism. This statement about over 10,000 innocent civilians in Iraq is just nothing but crap. It is true that some innocent bystanders can be hurt or killed in war, but keep in mind, most of the iraqi people are trying to kill us. Just watch the news and you can find that out you Kerry Babies. Oh, by the way. These figures that are coming out about how many innocent people are dying are being put out by the dems and other Kerry Babies. The point is. Kerry should be put in front of a firing squad for treason. By his own confession, he is a murderer and a war criminal. He has no business being the Commander-In-Chief of our military. He would send us off to war and then just leave us there just like he did in Vietnam.

If you vote for Kerry, god help you and the rest of the world, because we are all dead.
mcb58
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHN F___ING KERRY IS A *******

AND IF HE IS ELECTED, HE PROBABLY WON'T SERVE A FULL TERM

You can take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands!

THE GREAT FIFTY-EIGHT
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copsden wrote:
What is this anti military crap going on in here by these sniveling juveniles who think because they went to college, they know what is going on. As a few of you said in here. you did not go to college, however you did go to war. I am one of you too. I did not go to college, however, I am smart enough to know since i have been to war.

I went to college, graduate school, postdoctoral school, and did not go to war, but I am smart enough to thank my lucky stars that I was born in the U.S. and am protected by the honorable soldiers in the U.S. military.

Thank God for you guys and gals! Smile Smile

FDL
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
The moral relativity of the left of declaration of actions as being good only when it suits their power demands must be stopped.

The problem in a nutshell.

Moral relativity is a godless ideology, predating the monotheistic revolution that led to modern society. Moral relativity is a philosophy of barbarianism.

FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: