SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Report: al-Zarqawi killed by explosions in Mosul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Report: al-Zarqawi killed by explosions in Mosul Reply with quote

Just caught this on LGF...fantastic if true...

Quote:
Report: al-Zarqawi killed by explosions in Mosul
By JPOST.COM STAFF
Nov. 20, 2005 18:45

At least one Arab television media outlet reported that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the head of the al-Qaida in Iraq, was killed in Iraq on Sunday afternoon when eight terrorists blew themselves up in the in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.

The unconfirmed report claimed that the explosions occurred after coalition forces surrounded the house in which al-Zarqawi was hiding.

The Jerusalem Post

hattip: Little Green Footballs
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's wait for confirmation. We've heard too many rumors. We weren't sure of Saddam till the did All the usual tasts after he was captured. It would great to have it confirmed and on Sunday no less....

2:31 EST It's now on Drudge as a report subject to confirmation.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they did get him, that should take a little wind out of Al Qaida's sail. At least in Iraq. That is/was one bad dude.

Dusty
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time 8:00 EST, the news is finally acknowledging they got 8 bad guys and are trying to confirm. This is the most encouraging so far. If they got the main guy, the bad guys are in trouble. Especially if Zarqawi and his principle associates are in the mix. Apparently the resistance was of the sort only encopuntered with a 'high priority' target. I hope they got the SOB. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silence is deafening on this. DOD is saying "probably not." I have a feeling a DNA lab is working overtime.

Schadow
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly how many times is it that some reporter has declared al-Zarqawi dead? This creep has more lives than CBS has reporters. Never believe these media fools. When al-Zarqawi is finally killed, it'll be G. W. Bush, Rumsfeld, or the senior US Commander in the field who'll announce the blessed event.

This is just another example of the speculations of an overanxious reporter eager to scoop the story of the decade.

When the creep is dead, the world will know it.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you have to love it when the terrorists only blow up themselves or when SAS snipers take out three with head shots at the same moment.

If al-Zarqawi survived he has brown stains all over his shorts. The heads of Al Queda are not pleased with the incident in Jordan and the subsequent negative press Al Queda recieved in the Arab world.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has worn out his welcome with Al Queda and it may not be only the Marines that want his head on a platter.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is not dead now it is only a matter of time. He has been denounced by his own and only his hard core physchopaths will shelter and protect him now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan intelligence services pointed him out to our military.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of the MSM comcentrating the headlines on this bum..like it's a failure ? and trying to get a scoop on his death..they remind me of the exit polls..lol

the fact is that a lot of top Al-Queda followers big or small are being reduced. the 8 that blew themsleves up was a help.

The woman in Jordan that did not blow herself up is singing like a bird & I am sure Jordan or other countries in the Arab world are disgusted with what they did at the wedding in Jordan??

as Ronald Regan said !! STAY THE COURSE

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense to me that they(MSM/LSM) would throw a BIG story like this out knowing that the majority of Americans (free people) would rejoice at the news... then when the confusion sets in, blame the 'intel' of the military and have a major 'blowback'....

Like posted above... I don't trust anything until it is confirmed... of course, the only up-to-date news I have is from the internet, mainly here since I am not over there and don't have access to English media, not that I would trust the MSM anyway... Razz
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Japan,

There are some excellent sites that analyze the military operations in Iraq. All of these sites are saying "wait and see" on the news about al-Zarqawi. The forensic teams have not finished their work.

These are ones that I check on a daily basis to see what they are saying about current operations there.

The Belmont Club http://fallbackbelmont.blogspot.com/ (is a very analytical analysis with a lot of military history. I really enjoy reading it.

Black Five http://www.blackfive.net/main/ has some great posts and links to others.

Mudville Gazette is another excellent site http://www.mudvillegazette.com/
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is being reported now that it is pretty certain we did not get Zarqawi. However we took out some of his important lieutenants. The head terrorist is next.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree GM. However, I would say..that if we "did" get him....best not break the news so fast. Wait for the others to show up. Know what I mean?
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait and see. Last month another of his Aides was dispatched to meet the 72 Helen Thomases waiting for him in whatever paradise he merited..

From Fox 11/25:
Saturday, the U.S. military said it has received information that a top aide to the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was killed last month in Ramadi. The death of Bilal Mahmud Awad Shebah was confirmed by a close relative and "coalition sources," the military said in a statement.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine how long it takes to separate the remains of three bombers who blew themselves up at the same time? They will be squeezing out handi-wipes for weeks.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: