SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deception by a President

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Deception by a President Reply with quote

Interesting article on Fox News at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176728,00.html

"The Democrats who are condemning President Bush hope that we will forget about their passive role on the U.S. military mission in Bosnia. Much to their chagrin, however, this month marks the tenth anniversary of the Balkans undertaking — so it is worth recalling how that mission got underway. President Clinton announced the deployment of troops in a nationally televised address. Mr. Clinton said this mission would be “precisely defined with clear realistic goals” that could be achieved in a “definite period of time.”
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Der Schlickmeister told a Whopper??? Surprised Surprised Surprised NNooooooo! Not Bill. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad He believed it, why shouldn't everyone else? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (_?_)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten years there and just what was the threat to American National Security? Isn't that just another Internal Matter of a Sovereign Nation? Seems I recall another little war that was also largely billed as just an Internal Struggle that old Slick Willy proved very adept at avoiding any commitment to.

What the left is gradually succeeding in doing is painting Iraq as a separate war and not the central front and current battle in the much larger War on Terror it really is.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Ten years there and just what was the threat to American National Security?

Exactly. It was a safe "war" for Slick Willy. Every body hated Slobo. No combat troops, no combat, Air Engagement at 15,000 feet with no losses except for one pilot MIA for 3 days when he was shot down. Wesley Clark was the fierce warrior in charge (Courtney Massengale in the flesh.) Un peacekeepers and whole liberal shtick. (Maybe there was one casualty. It was an E-4 who refused to serve under an incompetent UN Commander and was cashed out for his demand to only serve a US commander as he had taken an oath to do. Michael New??) They did apologize for blowing up the Chinese Embassy. It was "Wag the Dog".
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM, I think the people on the ground and the Chinese Embassy might disagree there "were no casualties."
geobarb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Massengale Reply with quote

GM,

You'll probably need to explain who Courtney Massengale is. The book the character comes from was just about required reading for us as junior officers in an elite overseas unit that had it's share of both of the main characters in it. You hit the nail on the head though--Clark is certainly no Sam Damon and more closely fits the Massengale mold. Clark comes from a long line of USMA grads who were Oxford trained during Vietnam or shortly thereafter and fixtures in the Social Sceinces Department at USMA in the early 70's and considering themselves much more "enlightened" than the remainder of their West Point classmates or the Army. The country certainly dodged a "bullet" when they didn't go along with his candidacy for POTUS.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Massengale Reply with quote

geobarb wrote:
GM,

You'll probably need to explain who Courtney Massengale is. The book the character comes from was just about required reading for us as junior officers in an elite overseas unit that had it's share of both of the main characters in it. You hit the nail on the head though--Clark is certainly no Sam Damon and more closely fits the Massengale mold. Clark comes from a long line of USMA grads who were Oxford trained during Vietnam or shortly thereafter and fixtures in the Social Sceinces Department at USMA in the early 70's and considering themselves much more "enlightened" than the remainder of their West Point classmates or the Army. The country certainly dodged a "bullet" when they didn't go along with his candidacy for POTUS.

A must read is "Once an Eagle" by Anton Myrer. Massengale is the Martinet character whose opposite is Sam Damon. Damon is the officer you want leading you who knows combat and is there with his men. Damon's character is loosely based on Gen. Joseph Stilwell. Massengale is best described as Wesley Clark.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

No combat troops, no combat, Air Engagement at 15,000 feet with no losses except for one pilot MIA for 3 days when he was shot down.

I had the honor to meet this pilot, Scott OGrady at a VFW meeting before the election. I had my "Swift Boat Veterans against John Kerry" shirt on and he came up to thank me for my service. Meeting Scott and our Memorial Day actions in DC really solidified my thoughts that veterans of all the military were against kerry for his disgraceful dishonor to the this Nation and to the VN vets especially.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
GM Strong wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

No combat troops, no combat, Air Engagement at 15,000 feet with no losses except for one pilot MIA for 3 days when he was shot down.

I had the honor to meet this pilot, Scott OGrady at a VFW meeting before the election. I had my "Swift Boat Veterans against John Kerry" shirt on and he came up to thank me for my service. Meeting Scott and our Memorial Day actions in DC really solidified my thoughts that veterans of all the military were against kerry for his disgraceful dishonor to the this Nation and to the VN vets especially.

I had forgotten his name. Quite a story, dodging the search parties and living on grubs and such. Survival training works. No matter the assignment, our guys will do the job. Serving in the Clintonized military must have been a trial of it's own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: