SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hooray For JoePa!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Hooray For JoePa! Reply with quote

What a game!!!
I was conflicted on this game. I have loved Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden for many years. Both are admirable men who emphasize building character in their players. But my heart was with JoePa and he pulled it out in third overtime. Congratulations to both Penn State and Florida State!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that one of the kickers will bear the brunt for the loss, but, I am happy for the Penn State kid. It was gut wrenching to watch the closeups on him after he missed the 2 previous kicks.
That was one hard hitting affair and Fla. St. played as good a game in a loss as I have seen in a long time.
Both teams were winners in that game.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed that somebody actually won or lost.

One more non-score, and it would have ended up the way I saw it --- a tie between two totally outstanding teams and coaches.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooray For JoePa! Reply with quote

Shawa,
I'll second your Hooray for JoePa...I got to PSU when he was an asst coach to Rip Engle and I hung around for his next 4 seasons as coach...none better, even back then.

Lotsa PS stories, this one gets added to, way too numerous to try on you guys, but JoePa is as close to a saint as we get to watch nowadays. Good to see that nice guy finish first! My white socks are saluting!

Deuce
PS '68
Cam Ranh '70-'71

shawa wrote:
What a game!!!
I was conflicted on this game. I have loved Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden for many years. Both are admirable men who emphasize building character in their players. But my heart was with JoePa and he pulled it out in third overtime. Congratulations to both Penn State and Florida State!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: