SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help from the Swift Boat Vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilngrecruiter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Need Help from the Swift Boat Vets Reply with quote

Hello to everyone. I am posting here because I am looking for some assistance from all of you in regards to military recruiting. I recruited in the Navy for 4 years and am now recruiting in the Army National Guard.
There is a trend starting all over America where schools are doing their best to keep us out, teachers are discouraging kids form joining or even talking to us. They claim that parents are complaining that a Military recruiter spoke with their kid. On the West coast there is a movement which to my knowledge I believe has been happening where recruiters must have a counter recruiter present in order to set up in a school lunch room. I would like to start a national ad campaign to get the word out about this injustice being done all around America. I love this country and I love my job but more importantly I believe in what it is that I do and that's recruit. I do know being active duty or for that matter being in the military I can't do this but if i can get the word out with a second hand source it would be fine. The liberal media takes great pleasure in announcing that the military missed their mission but they never say how, they just make it seem like we're second class citizens. I'm at wits end and am asking for help on a national level and try to nip this off at the pass. Any help on starting a campaign would be greatly appreciated, Thank you
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, you did right in posting here. I believe all members support you for your efforts and think you are entirely right believing the schools are against you and I hope their funding is removed.

We have always promoted the military in every way and we will try to assist you in your effort to protect our Country.

Thank you for serving and thank you for your efforts to help others join the Armed Forces, because I know it is a great learning tool.

PS, sorry you had to go from the Navy to the National Guard. LOL.
ilngrecruiter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your service as well, I've always said if it wasn't for all of you that came before me, i may have never had the chance to wear well two uniforms. It was hard leaving the Navy but promo's are better on this side. I just love the Military and always will. Hey just think when Army Navy plays, i never lose. LOL
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll do our best, James. This war against recruiting is a national scandal that must be countered. Denial of federal funding for the offending schools is a good weapon and Congress must be persuaded.

We're from all over the country and have been known to write letters to congressmen. Wink

Schadow
ilngrecruiter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Captain,
I actually don't even believe they are listening (the politicians). I would love to do a national campaign to bring this issue to light. I know in some parts of the country people don't care, I certainly don't mean Vets, I mean the all the left wingers and the liberals. God knows most of our teachers are of the liberal cloth. they succeeded in taking religion out of our schools and now they're taking the military out as well. Me, you and everyone else here on this site gave all these ungracious Bast@&%*S their freedom of speech and now want to silence us. Our media gives 1% of this this country such a loud voice and now I think is the time we speak back. Thank you for your reply Captain as well as your Service.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum ilng.

I have seen reports of this happening in Seattle and San Francisco, but didn't realize it was much wider spread. Fortunately, we have young people like yourself who see through the Liberal nonsense and grew up with a sense of duty and honor, thank you for serving.

Politicians seem to all be engaged in CYA today and are letting the country fall by the wayside. Sadly, from both parties. I have realized it isn't worth the effort to contact them right now, so I write letters to the papers, post here and elsewhere and run my own small blog. That and talk to everyone I can.

When politicians aren't doing their duty, we in the grassroots must do it for them. The Swift Vets showed us all the power of grassroots movements in 2004 and we all need to follow their example and do as we can.

The left succeeded in dishonoring all of us who served and fought in Viet Nam and we haven't forgotten. We stand right alongside you younger Veterans today and will fight tooth and nail to prevent it from happening again.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
James, you did right in posting here. I believe all members support you for your efforts and think you are entirely right believing the schools are against you and I hope their funding is removed.

We have always promoted the military in every way and we will try to assist you in your effort to protect our Country.

Thank you for serving and thank you for your efforts to help others join the Armed Forces, because I know it is a great learning tool.

PS, sorry you had to go from the Navy to the National Guard. LOL.

"I hope their funding is removed"

Couldn't agree more Terry. Number 1 and 2 big problems in the US:

1. MSM-consumer supported and unbalanced
2. Uni's-largely tax supported and unbalanced

Conservatives/moderates--extinct at both venue's.

Keep up the good work James!!! Very Happy Very Happy
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilngrecruiter wrote:
God knows most of our teachers are of the liberal cloth. they succeeded in taking religion out of our schools and now they're taking the military out as well.

It's hard for a person like me - a conservative university professor. I have to be subtle sometimes with my subversion of the left-wing establishment.

That same left-wing university establishment hurt me bad a number of years ago at another university through essentially criminal actions to which they were held completely unaccountable. It was a real eye-opener to see left-wing university "justice" in action.

-- FDL
ilngrecruiter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: At least we got one at the University level Reply with quote

Thanks so much Professor, my job is hard with all the brick walls I run into but I can't imagine being a Conservative Professor. You're a wet dream for Shaun Hannity.LOL
Thanks alot and couldn't agree with you more,
ilng
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Just want to let you know that recruitment is alive and well at Winter Springs High School in Florida. I am a parent sponsor for the Teenage Republican Club and am up at the school on a daily basis. I see the recruiters up there on numerous occasions and it also seems that they are treated with great respect. Kids stop and talk to them all the time, as well as adults. The office is located next to this restaurant we go to sometimes and the other night, we bought them 40 wings and took them over and thanked them for their service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: