SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is my thinking at age 6 or 7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: This is my thinking at age 6 or 7. Reply with quote

When I read this I was transported back to first or second grade. Scratch that, at 7 years old this had clearly become naive to me.

Sheryl Crow: "I think war is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions that will follow. I think war is never the answer to solving any problems. The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies. "

beyond clueless

Read the other quotes. Unbelievable how uneducated these people are. They are really ignorant. I was going to say they are stupid as well, but they can speak. We are not talking about people with mental handi-caps. They are just flat out without any knowledge of the world they exist in and their place in it.

I would like to add one more thing. My opinion on Lance Armstrong. He Doped! He cheats on wife then divorces her and hitches up with rock star babe Crow. If you will cheat on your wife, surely you are a creature of habit and doping is a far lesser sin.

This is not a role model for our young and I do not buy his good guy BS marketed image. He is a cad. I cringed when Bush rode a bike with him. Bad PR move and if you noticed you could hear the crickets chirping from conservative blogs about Lance and Bush and all else in this regard. Noone wants to touch it.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies

Sorry, but as long as at least two people are alive on this planet, there is the possibility of becoming enemies. Clueless isn't a strong enough word for this simple minded statement.

Diplomacy is often said to be a deterrent to war, hence the United Nations. But, what wars have been stopped since it's founding? None that I can think of.

War isn't pretty nor for the weak of heart, but it becomes necessary at times and we can thank God that we still have a generation with enough people who can see that duty, honor and country aren't dead issues.

Liberals who think the same as Sheryl Crow's statement are doing nothing more than setting themselves up for the slaughterhouse of our enemies. Appeasement and pacification has never protected people and I sincerely doubt it ever will.

Teddy Roosevelt had it right, "Walk softly, but carry a big stick!"
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, but as long as at least two people are alive on this planet, there is the possibility of becoming enemies. Clueless isn't a strong enough word for this simple minded statement.

Diplomacy is often said to be a deterrent to war, hence the United Nations. But, what wars have been stopped since it's founding? None that I can think of.

War isn't pretty nor for the weak of heart, but it becomes necessary at times and we can thank God that we still have a generation with enough people who can see that duty, honor and country aren't dead issues.

Liberals who think the same as Sheryl Crow's statement are doing nothing more than setting themselves up for the slaughterhouse of our enemies. Appeasement and pacification has never protected people and I sincerely doubt it ever will.

Teddy Roosevelt had it right, "Walk softly, but carry a big stick!"

Great commentary Lew and wish everyone had your sense.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ms. Crow obviously comes from a bastion of clueless bliss. Nobody seeks to make enemies, there are just lots of evil people in the world and they are bent on our destruction. To ignore them is to die or see all that you hold dear destroyed and dead; and this is unacceptable. War is just a means to an end. In our case it is a means to preserving our freedoms, our families, our friends and our way of life.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soros in Singapore yesterday bashing Bush's War On Terror.
I could care less when Hollywood twits spout their moronic opinions, but Soros is an evil man who is establishing his Open Society Institute in countries all over the world with an aim to promote anti-Americanism.
This moralizing from a man who had no compunction about manipulating of the currencies of several countries, creating havoc to increase his own personal wealth.
Quote:
January 11, 2006 19:57 PM

US War On Terror Out Of Touch With Reality, Says Soros
By Jackson Sawatan

SINGAPORE, Jan 11 (Bernama) -- United States billionaire investor George Soros has described President George Bush's war on terror as being out of touch with reality and said that the United States should have pursued other means of resolving the issue.

War is not the solution, as it will only repeat the killing and hurting of innocent victims much like what terrorists do, he said.

In waging war against terror, the United States was guided by the wrong idea that "might is right", that because it was a powerful country it had the right to impose on the rest of the world, Soros said.

"In my view, America has a different role ... it is the leading power and, therefore, it has a responsibility to lead the world to address problems of humanity which can only be solved if we have the cooperation, understanding as well as general standards and principles," said Soros during a dialogue on open society organised by Singapore's Institute of Southeast Asian Studies Wednesday.

He told the packed convention hall that the majority of the American public recognised that invading Iraq was a mistake.

"But I think that it had started going wrong much earlier, that was when the United States declared war on terror. That still remains the cornerstone of American policy.

"That was the wrong way to deal with terrorism ... we cannot accept terrorism because terrorists kill innocent people but in fighting terrorism we must not make the same mistake of killing innocent people or hurting innocents," he said.

Terrorists by their nature kept themselves hidden, making it difficult to find them and if military might was used to flush them out they were bound to hit the wrong target.

Soros, who contributed millions of dollars in the campaign against Bush in the 2004 presidential election, also said that Bush had it "going the wrong way" in his attempt to foster democracy in other countries.

"I don't think democracy can be imposed from the outside, and it cannot be imposed on by military force," he said. "(So) what do you do with the likes of (deposed Iraqi president) Saddam (Hussein)?" he asked.

Soros said the international community had the responsibility to help if there were abuses of power in a country and the people had no recourse to turn to.

"But if the leading country in the world acts arbitrarily without the cooperation of the rest of the world, then it lacks the legitimacy to do that. While I like to see Saddam removed from power, I feel that it would be more difficult (now) to deal with the likes of him," he said.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=174955

George Soros said:
"War is not the solution, as it will only repeat the killing and hurting of innocent victims much like what terrorists do."

Just who is out of touch with reality??
Soros seems to be out of touch with the reality of the 9/11 attack on our country, and that we would be attacked again if not for the steadfastness of President Bush's WOT!!

John Stuart Mill said: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: