SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce - BULL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce - BULL Reply with quote

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/19/D8F7SAMGB.html
Quote:
Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce
Al-Jazeera on Thursday aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden, who says al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce "with fair conditions."

The tape's release came days after a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan that was targeting bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, and reportedly killed four leading al-Qaida figures, including possibly al-Zawahri's son-in-law. There was no mention of the attack on the segments that were broadcast.

This looks more like an act of desperationthan anything else.
If Al Qaeda had any position of strength they would just act.
This sounds more like a kid on the playground saying, "stop hitting me or you'll be sorry."
I hope our leaders see this for what it is and intensify their actions against these terrorist creeps.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes threats all the time, so there is nothing new. He made that tape for his followers, he knows he has no sway over people in this country. The last election shows that.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This sounds more like a kid on the playground saying, "stop hitting me or you'll be sorry."

Reminds me of the kids my age (7-9) in Nogalas who would swarm and offer a 'quarter to watch your car mister'

Mr Laden says he is of a nation who is forbidden by god to ever lie or cheat, thus a truce would be a 'good thing'.

As I recall the nice man Moussaoui's initial denial and than affermation of his support and work with nice Ossama (son of ) Laden. Was he lieing when he was denying, or affirming?

Either way he was lieing....... these punks lie all the damn time.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce - BULL Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/19/D8F7SAMGB.html
Quote:
Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce
Al-Jazeera on Thursday aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden, who says al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce "with fair conditions."

The tape's release came days after a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan that was targeting bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, and reportedly killed four leading al-Qaida figures, including possibly al-Zawahri's son-in-law. There was no mention of the attack on the segments that were broadcast.

This looks more like an act of desperationthan anything else.
If Al Qaeda had any position of strength they would just act.
I hope our leaders see this for what it is and intensify their actions against these terrorist creeps.

Well stated Buffalo!
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the span of a couple of hours this afternoon, I heard two diametrically opposed 'expert' views of the meaning of this message. (Can't remember their names.)

One view was that Al Q is so decimated, both in the Pakistani mountains and Iraq, that OBL really is reaching out for negotiations so that he won't be forced to attack the US homeland again.

The other view is that the message is classic muslim-speak and that OBL, rattler-like, always warns vaguely before he actually strikes. The author of that opinion cites the similarity of behaviour of muslims toward the Christians during the Crusades.

For what it's worth, I tend toward the latter analysis. Evil or Very Mad

Schadow
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
In the span of a couple of hours this afternoon, I heard two diametrically opposed 'expert' views of the meaning of this message. (Can't remember their names.)

One view was that Al Q is so decimated, both in the Pakistani mountains and Iraq, that OBL really is reaching out for negotiations so that he won't be forced to attack the US homeland again.

The other view is that the message is classic muslim-speak and that OBL, rattler-like, always warns vaguely before he actually strikes. The author of that opinion cites the similarity of behaviour of muslims toward the Christians during the Crusades.

Schadow

He is a cornered rat and what does he have to lose.

Schadow you are right.

Lets face it as long as we have the US military taking it to them. They have a hard time finding rest. They eventually wear down and realize that their quest is taking the sword to the windmills at best dead otherwise.

They have only one shot. One last ride on the wooden horse and stab with the wooden sword at the windmill.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
....He is a cornered rat and what does he have to lose.

That's the crux of the problem we face. In Islam, everything is the will of God. You try something. If you succeed, it was the will of God. If you fail, it was the will of God. So keep trying but never be discouraged because whatever happens - even if you die - it is the will of God.

How do you fight an enemy with that mindset except to exterminate them?

They have no country, no capitol, no ambassadors. If they attack the US homeland again, against what do we retaliate? We will know nothing more than we know now.

About the only thing I can see that might be productive is to jawbone seriously with Pakistan and convince them to give us real aid in cleaning out the border semi-autonomous regions where OBL and the hierarchy are mostly holed up. If the Pakistanis became convinced that they were already on OBL's kill list for what they have done thus far (which they no doubt are) maybe they would see the light.

If Al Q manages to relocate to Iran or Syria, fine. We're already on record as to what we'll do to those entities that harbor Al Q. It will require even more backbone than we've shown in the past.

Let's hope that the legendary "American People" stand by the leadership for as long as it takes.

Schadow
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:

Let's hope that the legendary "American People" stand by the leadership for as long as it takes.

Schadow

Seconded.
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must have gotten too close to him for comfort last week, if the timing between the two is no coincidence.

And the fact that it wasnt Zawahiri makes me think we either got him in the Predator last week or he was wounded and died later.

Of course thats only speculation, but I think we're closer to catching him than what we think we are.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a chuckle out of the "We don't lie...stab in the back" crap. Give the CNN talking head the Neville Chamberlain award for saying "They're someone we can deal with.

It's a lie on its face. The Koran doesn't admonish any of these things. It informs morality on the life and pronouncements of the Prophet Mohammed. If Mohammed (praised of Allah) did it, it is moral. Insofar as Mohammed was a murderous, lying thief and pedophile morality and honor have no understandable value. True, Allah (and sometimes the Devil) spoke only to Mohammed with dispensations not allowed the common folk but it is all part and parcel of a pernicious fabrication.

GenXr, see Gibbon's Volume II for the life of the Prophet.

-Wlm Shakespeare
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBL is taking a lesson from the Koran. It advises that if you become weak and in need of reorganizing your forces, then it's advisable to seek a truce with the enemy so that you have a chance to build your strength to fight another day.
It's for this reason that we can't let him rest.
Continue pounding Al Qaeda, boys !!!
Don't let them catch their breath.

Quote:
The White House firmly rejected bin Laden's suggestion of a negotiated truce. "We don't negotiate with terrorists," Vice President Dick Cheney said in a television interview. "I think you have to destroy them."

Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Mohammed (praised of Allah) did it, it is moral. Insofar as Mohammed was a murderous, lying thief and pedophile morality and honor have no understandable value.

nicely said

If you're bored check out these two links. The first one shows that the website I'm linking to is clearly Al Jazeera.

The second link is 'al jazeera' giving advice about the Koran and Jews.

I put these here because last night watching the news about this I was exposed twice to the head of Al Jazeera wearing a bright red tie and bright red scarf (on one of the warmest days of the season)..... lieing, lieing, lieing.

http://www.islamonline.com/about.asp

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/profile_story.asp?service_id=449
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Effective Truce. Reply with quote

I think it should be made known to OBLonga that for a truce to be valid and effective, both sides have to say "Scout's Honor" at the end. If we can't trust him after that when can we trust him?
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When dealing with or confronting the infidel, a Muslim can use any measure that will give him an advantage. In fact, to the extent that a nonbeliever can be decieved or exploited, it validates the enemies weakness and inferiority in relation to the strength and superiority of Islam.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:

Schadow

A third view that didn't take long to surface was that the tape is a phony put out by the Bush Administration to distract the public from Abramhoff and the domestic spying bruhaha.

Wag the dog, ya know. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: