SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AT&T Sued Over NSA Surveillance Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: AT&T Sued Over NSA Surveillance Program Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183398,00.html

Can't get Bush? Go after the money...
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't determined there's been a crime. What's their 'standing' to bring suit? What possible damages?

A first in my memory was the Director of the NSA, an AF 4 Star named Hayden giving a press conference! Amongst the usual inane journalists was a Code Pinker. The MoonBat had two questions he pressed ad naseum: 1 Will you publicly answer questions (the look on DNSA's face was priceless as if thinking "If this ain't public how'd you get in?") and 2 Whether NSA was monitoring his calls because of his anti-Bush sentiments...again with a priceless facial expression saying "Why would we bother!" It took a journalist to interrupt and rescue the moonbat further embarrassment (the journalist wanted his own time to make a fool of himself).

The DNSA painstakingly explained the impossibility of monitoring all 207 billion minutes of overseas calls each year and the tight legal oversight of it's activities. Asked if any innocents had their rights impinged the Director threw it right back, "Do you know any?"

It was another one of those "You're stuck on stupid" performances that won't get play on MSM.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: