SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another traitorous ex-vice president - a contrast in courage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Another traitorous ex-vice president - a contrast in courage Reply with quote

Scott Johnson of PowerLine chronicled the remarks of Sheik al-Gore in Saudi Arabia over the weekend. He countered al-Gore's message with:

Quote:
I want [the Arabs] to know that Gore's impulse to defame his country before a foreign audience for fun and profit does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of citizens of my country. I want them to know that the American people support the enforcement of America's immigration laws, especially against those suspected of having a possible terrorist connection. I want them to know that when 15 of the 19 perpetrators of September 11 were found to have been Saudi citizens, the American people wanted the Saudi government to take responsibility for its role in the attack on the United States and take every action necessary to ensure that it never happens again.

I want them to know that when the Justice Department Inspector General's draft report on the subject of detentions in the immediate aftermath of September 11 was prepared, former Deputy Attorney General Larry Thompson wrote that the period after the September 11 attacks was one of tremendous intensity, as the Department was required to alter its central mission in order to prevent further acts of terrorism; his staff was required to respond, in a crisis atmosphere, to hundreds of novel legal issues; had to shoulder a monumental task and an enormous workload; and had a great number of other responsibilities during this period as part of a comprehensive effort to protect the United States from further acts of terrorism...

Gore strikes an interesting parallel with another ex-vice president, John C. Breckinridge who was Buchanan's VP. The Buchanan Presidency immediately preceded the Lincoln first term. Breckinridge, too, took on the role of traitor by joining the Confederate Army when the Civil War started. He rose to the rank of major general and later became Secretary of War of the CSA. He fled the country after the CSA surrender, going to England. He eventually returned to the US under a grant of amnesty and resumed a law practice in Virginia.

Why do I mention Breckinridge? Because, unlike Sheik al-Gore, Breckinridge felt so strongly about his position that he joined the enemy and fought for them. Al-Gore merely returns to his home country, spends the sizable speaking fee, relaxes in the safety of his home and plans the next treasonous message to aid our enemy.

May God save the United States of America.

Schadow
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Gore's libelous charge that the USA has (paraphrase) treated Arabs porly and imprisioned them in horrible conditions just feeds gasoline to the fire of propganda spewed by radical Imans to their ignorant charges. Thank you Jesus this loser lost the 2000 Election. I quake with fear thinking what kind of mess we would be in if Gore had the Presidency. The man is a menace and a dangerous fool.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those that missed what this pathetic, bitter, failed man said, attacking his own government on foreign soil
link
Quote:
Gore laments U.S. 'abuses' against Arabs

By JIM KRANE, Associated Press Writer
Sunday February 12th, 2006

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia (AP) - Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and held in "unforgivable" conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida's hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

"The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake," Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. "The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States."

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been "indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable."

"Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it's wrong," Gore said. "I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country."

more....

kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Association of Chiefs of Police nails it
link
Quote:
In response to Mr. Gore's comments in Saudi Arabia, the National Association of Chiefs of Police, a 14,000-member organization representing the interests of America's law enforcement commanders, released the following statement:

As a result of his obvious hatred towards the President of the United States, former Vice President Al Gore has crossed the line of diplomatic decency by denigrating his own country within the Islamic world. Are there not enough problems in the Middle East? Does Mr. Gore wish to inflame more hatred towards the United States in the Arab world.

Mr. Gore has made serious accusations against his own country without providing evidence or proof of his outrageous allegations. Our association has several members who are Arabs and not one has complained of being abused by any level of the US government.

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen such unbridled hatred of a sitting President in my lifetime. Top party officials are spewing some of the most ridiculous and treasonous vitriol I've ever heard.

Do Gore, Clinton, Carter, Reid, Dean and others not remember we are at war? Did they forget the terrorists strikes of September 11, 2001?

Some have claimed we deserved those attacks then due to "mistreatment of Arabs" and here we have top party officials making up how badly we are treating Arabs.

Can you imagine what WW2 would have been like had members of the other party traveled to Japan or Germany and made similar claims? My guess is they would still be in prison!

The anti-war left, through their protests and rhetoric, prolonged Viet Nam at a cost of several thousand more American lives. Here they are again doing exactly the same and still emboldening our enemies.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gore has a substance abuse issue.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
I think Gore has a substance abuse issue.

Yes a substantially abused waisteline issue to match his fat head.

Although nobody will listen to El Al in America, Al Jazeera will run his statements in full 24 hours a day.

Doesn't freedom of speech end at the point you yell "FIRE" in a movie theater or a theater of conflict?

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I believe that Lincoln suffered a similar level of attack by the press and the opposing party that President Bush does. I guess that Mr. Bush is in good company then.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Another traitorous ex-vice president - a contrast in cou Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Scott Johnson of PowerLine chronicled the remarks of Sheik al-Gore in Saudi Arabia over the weekend. He countered al-Gore's message with:

Quote:
I want [the Arabs] to know that Gore's impulse to defame his country before a foreign audience for fun and profit does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of citizens of my country. I want them to know that the American people support the enforcement of America's immigration laws, especially against those suspected of having a possible terrorist connection. I want them to know that when 15 of the 19 perpetrators of September 11 were found to have been Saudi citizens, the American people wanted the Saudi government to take responsibility for its role in the attack on the United States and take every action necessary to ensure that it never happens again.

I want them to know that when the Justice Department Inspector General's draft report on the subject of detentions in the immediate aftermath of September 11 was prepared, former Deputy Attorney General Larry Thompson wrote that the period after the September 11 attacks was one of tremendous intensity, as the Department was required to alter its central mission in order to prevent further acts of terrorism; his staff was required to respond, in a crisis atmosphere, to hundreds of novel legal issues; had to shoulder a monumental task and an enormous workload; and had a great number of other responsibilities during this period as part of a comprehensive effort to protect the United States from further acts of terrorism...

Gore strikes an interesting parallel with another ex-vice president, John C. Breckinridge who was Buchanan's VP. The Buchanan Presidency immediately preceded the Lincoln first term. Breckinridge, too, took on the role of traitor by joining the Confederate Army when the Civil War started. He rose to the rank of major general and later became Secretary of War of the CSA. He fled the country after the CSA surrender, going to England. He eventually returned to the US under a grant of amnesty and resumed a law practice in Virginia.

Why do I mention Breckinridge? Because, unlike Sheik al-Gore, Breckinridge felt so strongly about his position that he joined the enemy and fought for them. Al-Gore merely returns to his home country, spends the sizable speaking fee, relaxes in the safety of his home and plans the next treasonous message to aid our enemy.

May God save the United States of America.

Schadow

DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I may be wrong, but I believe that Lincoln suffered a similar level of attack by the press and the opposing party that President Bush does. I guess that Mr. Bush is in good company then.

You are not wrong:

"Lincoln's military missteps, beginning with War Order No. 1 for a general advance on Washington's Birthday in 1862, and his occasionally maladroit interferences with generals, were more evident than the soundness of his strategic ideas. Suspension of Habeas Corpus, military arrests, and spasms of press censorship offended multitudes who revered the Bill of Rights. As the conflict lengthened, it was saddening to think of the battlefield agonies of tens of thousands of young men, the myriad of bereaved homes, and the coarsening of the national character which were among its effects. Little stories illuminated the popular tension - the story, for example, of a speculator who said exultantly in a crowded car, "Well, I hope the war may last six months longer, in the last six months I have made a hundred thousand dollars."

"Financial corruption spread like some valley fog along ill-cleared waterways - graft in illicit cotton traffic, contracts, appointments to office, bounty-jumping, and tax-evasion. It was small wonder that, while the nation's sacrifices were sullied by so much rascality, sensitive men, anxious to protect the nation's character, sometimes lost heart. Some criticism of Lincoln was healthy, but the danger was that licentious criticism might lead a majority to falter in the war."

-War for the Union, by Allen Nevins-

(emphases are mine)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: