SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Classic !!!! Reply with quote

http://www.419eater.com/html/ahmed_sadiq.htm
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks powsmia for one of the best laughs enjoyed in the past year. After it was read to length though, there was a feeling of this guy knows the criminal mind too well. Hopefully, the author of this piece is an honorable person and not someone of past criminal nature who is now using his knowledge of the weak to parlay it into personal gain.

Regardless, the author of this counter-scam is brilliant and wait for his conclusion.

This reminded me of one of my earlier posts Tattoo's the jokes on you, too bad its so sad

Sadiq should of read it. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GenrXr"]Thanks powsmia for one of the best laughs enjoyed in the past year. After it was read to length though, there was a feeling of this guy knows the criminal mind too well. Hopefully, the author of this piece is an honorable person and not someone of past criminal nature who is now using his knowledge of the weak to parlay it into personal gain.

Regardless, the author of this counter-scam is brilliant and wait for his conclusion.

This reminded me of one of my earlier posts Tattoo's the jokes on you, too bad its so sad

the author is on the up and up. that's his website and he has a lot more scams on it.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when scammers get scammed but there is something unsettling about this one. This poor chump Sadiq was offering nothing in return for his request for a handout. At worst he was lying about why he wanted the money and was fishing for some gullible softy to send him some charity. There was no promise of lost accounts or other sources of sudden wealth to the donor. Maybe it is more reprehensible to scam the soft hearted as it is to hook the greedy who bite on promises of immediate and unearned wealth.

BTW, I do not know about the Nigeria page of the passport but the visa page contains a stamp from a US Consolate that looks legit. The "Application Recieved" stamp is what is stamped into a passport when an application for a visa to the US is rejected. Applicants for visas to the US know that getting an "Application Recieved" stamp is the kiss of death with regards to getting a visa. Diehard applicants will change names and get new passports after getting that stamp (or just go to the nearest Canadian or Mexican consulate). That stamp is the first thing US consulor officers look for and it is unusual for them to overrule previous rulings or rulings of other consulates. I'd like to see Inspector Morse ask Sadiq why he was turned down for entry to the US and to send a copy of his Hajj visa.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homesteader wrote:
I love it when scammers get scammed but there is something unsettling about this one. This poor chump Sadiq was offering nothing in return for his request for a handout. At worst he was lying about why he wanted the money and was fishing for some gullible softy to send him some charity. There was no promise of lost accounts or other sources of sudden wealth to the donor. Maybe it is more reprehensible to scam the soft hearted as it is to hook the greedy who bite on promises of immediate and unearned wealth.

BTW, I do not know about the Nigeria page of the passport but the visa page contains a stamp from a US Consolate that looks legit. The "Application Recieved" stamp is what is stamped into a passport when an application for a visa to the US is rejected. Applicants for visas to the US know that getting an "Application Recieved" stamp is the kiss of death with regards to getting a visa. Diehard applicants will change names and get new passports after getting that stamp (or just go to the nearest Canadian or Mexican consulate). That stamp is the first thing US consulor officers look for and it is unusual for them to overrule previous rulings or rulings of other consulates. I'd like to see Inspector Morse ask Sadiq why he was turned down for entry to the US and to send a copy of his Hajj visa.

Understand your concern and it is well thought out and shows your compassion and care for justice, yet this Nigerian is a criminal. The Nigerians are adjusting their scams the same way the short/long con do when a certain scam dries up. They are grifters who are always going to use the old play book as well as invent new plays to add to it. This con is actually a very old one which is very effective. Play the part of a respectable young member of society who needs a helping hand to continue on with the right road in their life, yet in truth they are not what they claim to be. They are nothing more than someone looking for a easy buck at the expense of the caring.

The brilliance of the counter strike is how the person turns the short con into a long confidence counter con. He gains the confidence of the short con Nigerian and turns it into a long con with devestating results. He also manages to mark the criminal, which is similar to what the Puritans did to adulterers with the red letter A, also known as the Scarlett Letter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one episode lists a counter con where the nigerian has to send in the entire harry potter book in longhand. for handwriting analysis.
he must've stayed awake for a week.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! Laughing

Check out this site for more "Scamming the scammers":

http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: