SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Last treatment Reply with quote

I took my last radiation treatment for throat cancer down at the V.A. hospital in Houston today.
I am sooooooo glad to get that over with.
Maybe now I'll have time to post some replies and get back into the 'swing' of things with all my friends here.
I"ve been enjoying reading all the posts whenever I got a chance the last several weeks.
Thanks to all of the posters here for keeping the flame of watchfulness burning.
I for one feel a lot safer knowing that all you guys are out there keeping up.

Dusty
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Last treatment Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
I took my last radiation treatment for throat cancer down at the V.A. hospital in Houston today.
I am sooooooo glad to get that over with.
Maybe now I'll have time to post some replies and get back into the 'swing' of things with all my friends here.
I"ve been enjoying reading all the posts whenever I got a chance the last several weeks.
Thanks to all of the posters here for keeping the flame of watchfulness burning.
I for one feel a lot safer knowing that all you guys are out there keeping up.

Dusty

Dusty, I hope and pray that you are on the upswing and getting back to normal. Take care and keep positive and upbeat.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty,

Count on prayers going up from Wisconsin. We may not always know what the future holds but we can know Who holds the future. Welcome back. Looking forward to your contributions again.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dusty. I spent last summer running the War Department in for
her radiation treatment for breast cancer. 6 month checkup in a couple
of weeks. So far....

They have a LOT better treatments now than they did only a few years
ago. We're with you.

Snipe
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Dusty. Gee I've missed you. Everytime I check this forum I've been wondering "Where's Dusty?" So glad you are back. My prayers have been with you all along and will continue to be. God bless you.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words and prayers guys. Those prayers are what got me cured and made the whole ordeal bearable.
I sure have missed being able to be active here. And now since I can't talk anymore to argue points in person with folks around my town, ya'll will probably have to put up with me venting here a lot more.
Thanks for being here folks.
And Snipe, that's great news about your wife. I know ya'll are relieved. Scary stuff.

Dusty
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Thanks for the kind words and prayers guys. Those prayers are what got me cured and made the whole ordeal bearable.
I sure have missed being able to be active here. And now since I can't talk anymore to argue points in person with folks around my town, ya'll will probably have to put up with me venting here a lot more.
Thanks for being here folks.
And Snipe, that's great news about your wife. I know ya'll are relieved. Scary stuff.

Dusty

God bless you Dusty and that is great news on your wife Snipe! God is good and He DOES answer prayer! Very Happy

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: