SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a premeditated act of terrorism
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: a premeditated act of terrorism Reply with quote

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=129
"Law Enforcement Insider: “This was a Failed Terrorist Attack"
Quote:
2 March 2006: There is a deepening rift between some local and federal officials in Norman, Oklahoma- the scene of a large explosion outside of the Oklahoma University football stadium that occurred last October. Following a meeting between the Norman City Council and Norman police officials on Tuesday, the Northeast Intelligence Network heard exclusively from one law enforcement official who is “disgusted that the truth [about the bombing] is being withheld from the public.” This confidential but well-vetted source privately provided new and startling revelations to Doug Hagmann, the director of the Northeast Intelligence Network late yesterday – facts that are in direct opposition to the official public account being provided by the Norman, Oklahoma office of the FBI. “This was a premeditated act of terrorism that involved more than HINRICHS and was supposed to kill and hurt a lot of people. He [HINRICHS] had help from Middle Eastern students and ‘outsiders,’ and gained a lot of instruction from bomb-making plans written in Arabic. They found the Arabic bomb-making plans on his computer. The official version is being covered-up.”
http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=129
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was really a failed attempt, that insider better be telling a lot more people and they better be brave enough to be very public about it. I'll be watching the local news and I bet there is nothing about it.

I have a problem with these anon comments and if something did happen at a game or elsewhere in the state, I would hold that anon source even more responsible than the rest of the govt crew.

If you are in a govt job and your bosses are screwing it up - there are ways to correct it - go up the chain of command and get it fixed. These days, an "anon souce" just doesn't cut it with me. For all I know the reporter is making the crap up since he is too lazy to really do the research for it.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if something did happen at a game

OKLady, a bombing certainly did occur at an OU game. Controversy is about Hinrichs' motives.

This thread at FReeRepublic has a compilation of links re the OU incident, that may be helpful
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1497194/posts

I was reading there the night it happened - they had a live thread going, with some comments by some FReepers at the scene. There is a lot of info out about this..... just not in the LSM

Michelle Malkin has linked on her website 95 pages ( of 350) records related to the FBI/Joint Terrorism Task Force
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003988.htm
Quote:
On Nov. 18, U.S. Magistrate Judge Valerie K. Couch released previously sealed records related to the FBI/Joint Terrorism Task Force search of Oklahoma University bomber Joel Hinrichs' apartment, his e-mail account and nine OU computers.

I obtained the nearly 350 pages of unsealed court documents just before Thanksgiving last week and reviewed them over the weekend ............

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this could be coming to a Shopping Mall near you.

From MEMRI:

Editor of U.S. Arabic Newspaper: Religious Extremism is Spreading Among Muslim Youth in the U.S.

In an article published in the London Arabic daily Al-Quds Al-Arabi, Dr. Muhriz Al-Husseini, director of the Center for Dialogue and Research and editor of the U.S.-published newspaper Al-Minassa Al-'Arabiya, warns that religious extremism and ignorance are spreading among the young generation of Muslims in the U.S.

The following are excerpts from the article: [1]

Some Imams Brainwash Muslim Adolescents and Plant Bogus Ideas About Islam in Their Minds

"At a time when Arab and Islamic leaders and organizations are investing great efforts and large amounts of money and time in order to improve the image of Islam and of the Muslims, some imams are working in an organized manner to brainwash adolescents in the Muslim community and to plant bogus ideas in their minds concerning Islam, jihad, takfir [accusing other Muslims of apostasy], heresy and the way [Muslim] society has strayed from the right path. They give them interpretations of Koranic verses that have been [deliberately] chosen so as to lead them to rebel against their parents, their families, and even against the society in which they live.

"[The youths] neglect their studies and spend their time watching videotapes and listening to audio tapes - most of which are given to them for free - on ways to train Muslim youth in military and ideological jihad, along with reports on the suffering of Muslims in some Muslim countries, as well as Koranic verses and sermons that encourage jihad, martyrdom, self-sacrifice, and the striking of terror into the hearts of the enemy."

"Many Muslims Families are at Risk of Falling Apart"

"The natural consequence of these misleading actions is that many Muslim families are at risk of falling apart because of the wrong turn that their children's religious thinking has taken. Some of these youths - victims [of religious brainwashing] - are awaiting trial, and some are serving time in juvenile prisons or are under close and continuous security surveillance, since they relate to others with aggression and are trying to spread [Islam] through violence and calls to jihad...

"There are agents of various nationalities - both Arab and non-Arab - who mingle with these adolescents and choose from among them individuals with specific traits that make them susceptible to brainwashing - young people who have a natural tendency for misbehavior and who accept violence as a means of imposing their views and their way."

LINK: http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD110506

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this in an e-mail. It also chronicles why we should be suspicious of any and all Muslims in the US no matter what they may say in public.

Quote:

Food for thought...

Have you ever thought -- Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen? Is Muslim American really an oxymoron? Consider this:

Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously, no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)

Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).

Geographically, no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially, no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically, no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically, no, because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually, no, because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically, no, because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and _expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co - exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually, no, because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore after much study and deliberation....
perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.

They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish...it's still the truth.

If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

Pass it on Fellow Americans......

The religious war is bigger than we know

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.

"It’s not the religion of Islam that’s making people do this (terrorism). They should read the Quran because the message is peace.” "The things that Saddam did over there, the oppression, it’s disgusting." "They (Iraqi women) would hold my hand and look at (me) like they were trying to figure out — ‘Your husband let you be in the military?’" "They all accepted me as their sister." National Guard Sgt. Tanya Abdul-Karim Williams, 118th Medical Battalion, recently completed one year tour in Iraq.

[url]http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?
newsid=14974872&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=517515&rfi=6[/url]

"As a society, we're not encouraged to talk about religion or politics," Muhammad said. "The fact that in the military, in certain circles, you feel comfortable doing that is a reflection of the caliber of the people that are in the military today." Air Force Capt. "Muhammad" whose real name is withheld for security reasons and was present in his work place, the Pentagon, September 11, 2001.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Dec2002/n12112002_200212115.html

“Instead of running, he stood forward to the oncoming taxi to prevent it from going inside. Even being in Iraq, surrounded by moral peril, I knew he would do the right thing. That he was there to protect and to save lives." Shahrayar Khan, older brother of Capt. Humayun Khan who died in Iraq trying to stop a suicide bomber.

http://www.patrioticapaam.org/VOA-SuicideBomber.htm

"Dad, I would never do that. This is my country and I will do whatever it takes," National Guard Spc. David Roustum, in reply to his Fathers suggestion he flee to Syria to avoid serving in Iraq. Killed while serving with the 108th Infantry Regiment, Baghdad.

http://www.patrioticapaam.org/soldierdiesiraq.htm

Please remember just who all you are encouraging to be suspicious of when stating "ALL MUSLIMS."

At one time, it was ALL JAPANESE, ALL BLACKS, ALL CHINESE, ALL IRISH, and so on.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Work Ethic. Reply with quote

I wonder if their work ethic would measure up with that of Americans. In the pictures I see, it seems a lot of them don't do much of anything all day. Maybe it's just me.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right of course Lew. There are Muslims who are not blinded by the intolerance for others of different faith that their religon requires and it is wrong to lump the individuals themselves all into the same box.
Rather it is the religous teachings of their sacred text that causes the suspicion of it's followers.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rather it is the religous teachings of their sacred text that causes the suspicion of it's followers.

Here again, Dusty, there is a vast gulf between teachings and interpretations of those texts. How could we have so many Muslim Iraqis and Afghanis standing alongside our Military fighting the extremists otherwise?

Since there are well over one billion worldwide, if we were squaring off against all of them, we would really be in trouble.

That being said, I will also add that I too would like to see more condemnation of the extremists coming from Islam as well. I would also like to see our "drive by media" print what condemnation there already is out there. But, we know our media. Rolling Eyes
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

Here again, Dusty, there is a vast gulf between teachings and interpretations of those texts. How could we have so many Muslim Iraqis and Afghanis standing alongside our Military fighting the extremists otherwise?

Since there are well over one billion worldwide, if we were squaring off against all of them, we would really be in trouble.

That being said, I will also add that I too would like to see more condemnation of the extremists coming from Islam as well. I would also like to see our "drive by media" print what condemnation there already is out there. But, we know our media. Rolling Eyes

Lew your tolerance is legendary and your most glowing weakness.

To speak out against Jihad is considered 'heresy" and the "act of an infidel". In both cases a Fatwa would be issued against the offending party sanctioning a death penalty.

Muslims who would like to speak out would never do so out of fear of reprisal. This doesn't give the media an opportunity to do anything but drive by.

Say for the sake of argument Lew we can say there are around 12,000,000 million practicing Muslims in the USA. Then let us say there are 10 to 30 thousand of these Muslims in the US Military.

That equates to .0025 percent of the entire US Muslim population serving in the military if we go with the higher number of 30K. I don't know about you, but to me that isn't many outraged Muslims that want to wage war against Jihad.

If we take the same population group and try to guess how much of the population actively support terrorists or are Radical Islamists themselves I would say it might be as high as 10 percent or even more.

Lew that is a potential of 1.2 million Muslims within the US borders who support Jihad actively. To be fair Lew, let us say only .0025 percent of this group are stone cold Islamic radicals. That is 3,000 bad guys living in neighborhoods all across America. I would say Lew we are already "really in trouble" and it is just a matter of time before trouble finds us.

They are scouting, plotting and planning attacks that will make the most dramatic impact possible.

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarge, I do not consider my acceptance of the First Admendment as a weakness. I also see that this war is going to be a long fought war and one I feel was started 30 years too late.

However, the insistence of others to demonize some one fifth of the world's population and condemn them based solely upon what non-Muslims state they believe and assigning the actions of the small percentage of radical extremists to all could very well make it last all that much longer.

We demand they accept our Christian beliefs and tolerate Christians in their countries, something I strongly support. Yet, every chance we get, we condemn their beliefs and even mis-state what all of them believe, again, based upon what some non-Muslims say. No one gives a hoot what Muslims themselves say they believe, Preacher so and so says different and he must know better.

Like I have said many time, this is a war against terror and terrorists, not against Islam itself. Some wish to make it against all of Islam. Terrorists wish to use a radical view of Islam to dominate the world. Sadly, a few Christians would use their view of Christianity to do the same, if given the chance. In the past, some have tried.

As I have shown repeatedly, Muslims are serving and dying in this war against terror. Yet, some would leave me to believe they deserve no honor, even though they died protecting Christians. These are American Service members who voluntarily enlisted and fight against terror.

We Viet Nam veterans especially should see the dishonor we have chosen to subject these American Service members to, based upon their religion. We were scorned and at times, still are. Do American Muslims serving in our Military now merit the treatment we have complained about for over 30 years?

edited to add: At a time we are encouraging Muslims wordwide to stand up against terrorists that have highjacked their religion, we are also condemning them because of what we perceive they believe. Terrorists see this also and point out that we wish to slaughter them all, working against the ultimate goal of defeating terror. Our own hatred of another's religious views is working directly against us.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh, lew waters for president (i couldn't agree with you more).

edit: after my rather flippant answer, i've been thinking about the muslims i've known. while i knew a few in college (males, who i didn't care for) and in the work place, i've only been around one in the last few years. she's a divorced mother who is serving in the army, did 14 months in iraq. she's just as much as an american as i am, probably more so since she actually did battle with the extremists.

Last edited by msindependent on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the Jews in Israel feel exactly as you do Lew. The level of tolerance shown to them by Muslims is legendary.

The Christians residing in Muslim Nations around the Planet are comforted by your thoughts and concerns for their necks. That is if they can keep their heads about them.

All of this makes sense if you live in the land of Starbucks.

If our Founding Fathers were facing the same threat from Radical Islam as we face today, can you honestly say the Constitution or Bill of Rights would have ended up written in the same fashion?

Seldom do we have a Christian "Nut Case" running around killing the innocent all while saying God ordered him or her to do it. When discovered we put these folks away for good in a rubber room. Gitmo has become our home for insane Muslims.

Time to wake up and smell the Starbucks Lew.

BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt:
I'm afraid I'll have to side with LewWaters on this one.
This site is funded as a 527 organization and subject to various rules, laws and restrictions regarding content.
We may be able to rant, bellow and blow off steam as individuals, but Lew is looking out for the long term continuance of this organization. If Swiftvets.com is needed in the future to confront Kerry, the stated purpose of the site, then we have to conduct ourselves so as not to jeopardize the continuance of the organization.
I am thankful that Lew steers us and keeps us on the path toward this mission.
It's easy to lose site of this fact as we make daily posts to this forum.
Jack
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to ponder................
What do y'all figure the odds are that sometime in the future there will be a faction split off from Islam to form a less radical form of the religion, as Martin Luther did when he could no longer tolerate the Catholicism of his day.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: