SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cynthia McKinney
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Cynthia McKinney Reply with quote

"Representative" Cynthia McKinney wins the Biggest Scum of 2006 award for March.

Congresswoman Accuses Capitol Police Officer of Racial Bias
By CARL HULSE
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/01/washington/01mckinney.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

WASHINGTON, March 31 — Representative Cynthia A. McKinney and her legal advisers blamed racial bias Friday for her run-in with a Capitol police officer as the incident ballooned into a political furor.

At a news conference at Howard University, Ms. McKinney, a Georgia Democrat, said her physical altercation with the unidentified officer, who was screening visitors to a House office building on Wednesday, was the officer's fault.

"Let me be clear," Ms. McKinney said, surrounded by supporters at the historically black university. "This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black congresswoman. I deeply regret this incident occurred, and I am certain that after a full review of the facts, I will be exonerated."

This last line is unbelievable. Exonerated for bypassing security at a congressional building without required identification and then punching a security guard who was "guilty" of "not recognizing her?" And now she's going to use her connections and make the guard trouble?

If this is not the epitome of narcissistic totalitarianism, I don't know what is: maliciously playing the "race card" to get away with outrageous behavior.

How uttely pathetic. How truly warped. How overenabled and overfacilitated Queen Cynthia has become in terms of a clear-cut, ideologically-injected mental illness.

... will John Kerry rise to her defense and accuse the congressional guards of genocide?

-- FDL
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This woman is deranged.
Her oars are not only not in the water, they have rotted away in a sea of racial hatred she harbors in her empty head.
How do people like this get elected to public office? Had to be a crooked deal somewhere in Georgia.
It really irks me that my tax money has to pay her salary.

Dusty
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure her constituents applaud her behavior. THAT's the real tragedy...
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO this police officer should be praised for doing exactly what his professional training required of him, instead of the vilification that is being heaped on him by certain racist black leaders.

Think about it, he does not recognize the woman, she has no ID badge, skirts the checkpoint, and keeps barrelling along even when she is told to stop.
AT THAT MOMENT, this officer does not know if she has evil intentions. She could be armed with an explosive device or a suicide belt.
He goes after her and grabs her arm, knowing that if she has evil intent, he could be blown up with her.
He was doing exactly the potentially heroic act that is worthy of praise!
Instead, he is smeared as a racist bigot attacking a black woman!

If McKinney had an ounce of class, she should have just apologized and thanked the officer for diligent duty.

Today, she RIGHTLY faces an arrest warrant:
Quote:
Capitol police ask for arrest warrant for McKinney
Black leaders say McKinney victim of racial profiling.

By BOB KEMPER, S.A. REID
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 04/03/06
WASHINGTON — Capitol Hill police on Monday asked a federal prosecutor to approve an arrest warrant for Rep. Cynthia McKinney for her role in a scuffle with a police officer last week, the prosecutor's office confirmed.

Capitol Police had no immediate comment so it's not yet known whether the intent is to file felony or misdemeanor assault charges against McKinney, a DeKalb County Democrat.

JOHN SPINK / AJC
(ENLARGE)
State Rep. Tyrone Brooks gives U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney a kiss Monday at a meeting of Concerned Black Clergy of Metropolitan Atlanta at Community Church of God in Atlanta.

Coz Carson, a spokesman for McKinney, said the requested warrant should be dismissed if "this is a prosecutor who's not a politician."

"Any prosecutor with any sense can look at this thing and understand that it's not something that should be blown out of proportion any further," Carson said.

The office of the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, Kenneth Wainstein, must approve the request by Capitol Hill police before police can go to a judge to ask for an arrest warrant.

Story at:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/0403mckinney.html

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I as a white woman tried to play the "race card" when stopped by a "minority police officer" I'd be laughed at by MSM and mostly by everybody. Equal is not equal nowadays. Part of my heritage is German and back many decades ago my patriotic American born family was treated badly because of their German last name. Who can I sue? I want some reparation money and special treatment for what my grandparents and mother went through.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my family started in America from the Irish immigrants (legally too) who came here to escape the famine only tosee signs that said Irish need not apply - discrimination right up in their faces - can we get reparations for that?

Oh and the other side came from Germany and so took to heart that they were now Americans my great great grand dad refused to allow German spoken in his presence. The language of America is English he said and that is what we will speak.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inappropriate image deleted by admin Lew.
Lisa Myers
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
If I as a white woman tried to play the "race card" when stopped by a "minority police officer" I'd be laughed at by MSM and mostly by everybody. Equal is not equal nowadays.

Not only would you be laughed at, you would be called racist. It's darned unfortunate, but it's true.

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
Part of my heritage is German and back many decades ago my patriotic American born family was treated badly because of their German last name. Who can I sue? I want some reparation money and special treatment for what my grandparents and mother went through.

USAFE5 wrote:
my family started in America from the Irish immigrants (legally too) who came here to escape the famine only tosee signs that said Irish need not apply - discrimination right up in their faces - can we get reparations for that?

You know, I've had this conversation very recently, and what it comes down to is, when is it forgiven? How long does one group of people have to apologize for actions taken by generations they may not have ever known? That shared mindsets that we can't even begin to condone or relate to?

How long do I, someone born in 1971, have to be made to feel guilty for actions that someone in my distant and many times removed family, as a caucasian woman, did 10, 50, 100 years prior?

Yes, atrocities occured. Things I've learned over the years make me sick to my stomach.

And yes, some people, too many people, still harbor backward and racist mentalities. There is no question that there are still acts occuring that people need to be held accountable for.

But it seems like there has to come a point where we start living in the present and move on from the past. We should never forget, but what is healthy about dwelling and reliving someone else's suffering?

Reparations for acts that no one on the planet was alive for seems redundant.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa Myers wrote:
How long do I, someone born in 1971, have to be made to feel guilty for actions that someone in my distant and many times removed family, as a caucasian woman, did 10, 50, 100 years prior?

.....But it seems like there has to come a point where we start living in the present and move on from the past. We should never forget, but what is healthy about dwelling and reliving someone else's suffering?

As soon as I developed the ability to reason, sometime in the 1930s, I realized that my family were racists. Not in any kind of overt or violent sense, but rather a deep seated, almost genetic persuasion that black people (and Mexicans since we were living in Southern California) were just naturally inferior to Caucasians. I never tried to correct them in those beliefs. I loved them and honor their memory for the totality of their lives and what they meant to me.

However, I vowed to break that chain of attitude in any family I would produce. When my wife-to-be came along, she wholeheartedly agreed. We hoped, naively, that if the children of the country were brought up with the conviction that all peoples were truly equal, racism would wash out of the population in a few generations.

In the 1960s, the Civil Rights Act swept away the visible attributes of segregation and inequality in the US. The schools were integrated (Harry Truman had already desegregated the armed services), all public places and services were made open to all (to the chagrin of a few), and the great experiment began.

In the mid-60s Lyndon Johnson came into the Presidency following the assassination of John Kennedy. In order to give his accidental presidency a cachet, he created the Great Society program which was in reality a vast system of welfare which was intended to aid the poor and unemployed. Unfortunately, the program had the effect of disincentivizing (if that's a word!) the newly emancipated minorities and creating a dependent class which was rewarded for inactivity and even the production of children regardless of the existence of a family, in the traditional sense. Fatherless families became the norm and illegitimacy rates soared. Even today, over sixty percent of black children are born to single mothers in the US.

These well-intentioned measures did nothing to ease racial tensions. Rather, they produced in blacks a resentment focusing on the realization that racial oppression had been replaced by widespread poverty and despair. Into the breach rode the new breed of race merchants we have today. Pronouncing themselves 'black leaders', we have Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Kweise Infume, Julian Bond, assorted movie actors and others who have succeeded in promoting and encouraging a reverse discrimination climate which has been fairly successful, enriching themselves in the process. Their theme promotes the idea that the oppression caused by 400 years of slavery cannot be expunged by legislation and good intentions. As you point out, Lisa, one of their prime goals has lawyers preparing lawsuits claiming money damages from the Government for anyone claiming to be descended from slaves - reparations.

Most of our black friends are embarrassed by these actions and attitudes. I often chat with the parents of the little black kids for whom my wife teaches piano. They live quiet, productive lives and try not to have themselves categorized by others. They may even have negative aspirations about high achievement since the new 'black leaders' freely fling about terms such as 'token', 'Uncle Tom', 'house n*****', or 'oreo' referring to African Americans who have achieved prominence, especially in government service.

As far as we can tell, our kids have adopted and are practicing our attitudes about race. They are all in good laboratories. One in Dallas with a large Mexican population, one in Birmingham (predominantly black) and one in Nevada with a large population of American Indians. We'll see what happens with the next generation.

In the meantime, we have to watch the McKinneys of the country make fools of themselves, egged on by the race merchants.

Sometimes it's hard to keep the faith.

Schadow
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Sec. of State Condi Rice would say something off the cuff as a black woman (of considerably greater power, by the way) in Washington to put McKinney in her well deserved place.
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing these people are forgetting is that if their forefathers

had not been brought over as slaves, they could more than likely have

been killed or captured by their neighbor tribe.

it is a known fact and is still going on.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Cynthia McKinney Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

........., and I am certain that after a full review of the facts, I will be exonerated."

This last line is unbelievable. Exonerated for bypassing security at a congressional building without required identification and then punching a security guard who was "guilty" of "not recognizing her?" And now she's going to use her connections and make the guard trouble?

If this is not the epitome of narcissistic totalitarianism, I don't know what is: maliciously playing the "race card" to get away with outrageous behavior.

How uttely pathetic.
-- FDL

Playing the race card, is, apparently, what she does
This is at least the fifth time
The Hill
<snip>
Quote:
The incident yesterday was uncannily reminiscent of a scene in a recent documentary about McKinney, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus. Filmmaker Ian Inaba followed her around Capitol Hill for “American Blackout,” about African-American voting rights and McKinney’s 2002 reelection bid.

In one scene, McKinney is walking into the House side of the Capitol with Inaba when a white Capitol Police officer stops her. McKinney informs him that she is a congresswoman, prompting an immediate apology.

She then told the filmmaker that she is often challenged when entering the Capitol.
The documentary debuted at the Sundance Film Festival in January.

First elected in 1992, McKinney, 51, has a history of lashing out at government security guards:

• In 1993, after she complained about being stopped by security guards, Capitol Police posted a photo of her on an office wall so that officers could remember who she was.
• In 1995, McKinney reportedly contacted the sergeant at arms after a white Capitol Police officer asked her to consent to a security check.
• In 1996 and 1998, she complained that White House security officials failed to recognize her and did not give her the same treatment as other members of Congress, at one time mistaking her 23-year-old white aide for the congresswoman.
“I am absolutely sick and tired of having to have my appearance at the White House validated by white people,” she said at the time.

Those comments and others have earned McKinney a reputation as one of the most outspoken and controversial members of Congress.

on her website, is a clip from that so-called film. She's walking casually around, with a guy videotaping her, an officer does not immediately recognizing her, then as he walked a bit closer, he corrects himself, and apologizes...
and she uses what appears be an innocent err to make a point in this 'film'.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms McKinney seems to have a fixation on she must be recognized upon sight. Since there are 435 members of the House, Security Guards would have to memorize the faces of each and every member, even as they win and lose seats.

What I wonder is if Ms. McKinney can recognize 435 random constituents from her district?

As for her actually being the racist, I say, if the shoe fits, wear it. She is on record as once having said words to effect of, "I am tired of my identity having to be validated by White people!” Purportedly, this was said after a White House Security Guard did not recognize her.

I have addressed the subject more at All Things Right

Last edited by LewWaters on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we all noticed McKinney's repeated use of the term, "inappropriate touching" when referring to the officer's grabbing her arm? This is a not-too-subtle suggestion of similarity to the act of a sex criminal assaulting a child. No doubt the recommendation of her lawyer to plant the idea that the officer is a less than honorable person. How depraved.

Schadow
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being an E-3 in 1965 standing the quarterdeck watch on a ship tied up at the quay wall in Subic Bay, Philippines. The officer of the deck, an Ensign, was busy talking to another officer. An older man in civilian clothes came up the gangway and I asked him for his identification. The Ensign turned around and started reprimanding me for not recognizing the Admiral. The Admiral congratulated me and chewed out the Ensign. He said everyone, with no exceptions, should be challenged if we didn’t immediately recognize them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: