SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks to all the Swift Boat Vets..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uadoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Thanks to all the Swift Boat Vets.. Reply with quote

I truly appreciate your service to our country and what you are doing. Kerry needs to be exposed. The truth has to come out. His post-war actions were enough to preclude him from being Commander in Chief. I met one of you at the Vietnam Memorial with my 2 young boys and heard 1st hand how bad it hurt to have him telling the lies while we had boys being held in Vietnam. I saw the tears running down your face as you told the story. Keep up the good work. God Bless
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that made me cry.

You know, way back then I was young, not terribly well informed, although I did support the war effort. In fact I remember sitting at the kitchen table arguing with my father about it. I had an ace in the hole, my uncle who was a Lt. Col. in the AF. I felt so proud because he praised me for arguing my points so well and for being so "right". But, I like many that have come to be known as the silent majority, were silent when our boys came home. Perhaps we, like they, just wanted it to all go away. Perhaps that is one reason why the support for our troops during Gulf War I was so very strong and I think our leaders realized that messing with our troops was not EVER going to be a wise move ever again. I know I wont' stand for it. The job they do is hell on earth. The least we can do is support them and above all respect them. I agree, Kerry's worst atrosity is what he did t the psychi of those with whom he served, but really, the silence of the rest of us was just as bad.

Swifties, Vietnam Vets, I am sorry that I let you down. It will never happen again.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these vietnam vets will have a special place in history .... heroes twice
once in vietnam in the 60s & 70s
now in their homeland in 2004
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks to all the Swift Boat Vets.. Reply with quote

uadoc wrote:

I met one of you at the Vietnam Memorial with my 2 young boys and heard
1st hand how bad it hurt to have him telling the lies while we had boys being
held in Vietnam. I saw the tears running down your face as you told the
story. Keep up the good work. God Bless

Most likely, this was Tony Snesko.

He has been keeping a vigil and spreading the SBVFT message at "The Wall"
every weekend and several times during the week for more than a month.

Other veterans across the country have been picking up his lead with info
provided from his collection of posters about John Kerry activities in the 70's

Pictures on this forum in the following post tell his inspirational story:

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11404&highlight=#11404

Yes Truly. God Bless you Tony. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

Last edited by rbshirley on Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
uadoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: That's him.. Reply with quote

I took my son's picture with him. I regretted not giving him money or buying sometjhing. I was caught up in the emotion of his talk. I would lover to email him the picutures I took that day. How can I get in touch with him. God Bless this man..thanks. Very Happy
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks to all the Swift Boat Vets.. Reply with quote

uadoc wrote:
I truly appreciate your service to our country and what you are doing. Kerry needs to be exposed. The truth has to come out. His post-war actions were enough to preclude him from being Commander in Chief. I met one of you at the Vietnam Memorial with my 2 young boys and heard 1st hand how bad it hurt to have him telling the lies while we had boys being held in Vietnam. I saw the tears running down your face as you told the story. Keep up the good work. God Bless

Ditto.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
these vietnam vets will have a special place in history .... heroes twice
once in vietnam in the 60s & 70s
now in their homeland in 2004

It is said that everything has a purpose in the higher scheme of things.

Perhaps the humiliation that Vietnam vets suffered upon their return, and for many years afterwards, served the purpose of hardening them to the real battle for survival: the battle against terrorism and terrorism's appeasers and apologists, the Left.

Yes, the Vietnam vets will be redeemed.

FDL
Armymarinemom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Thanks from a family Reply with quote

I do appreciate that you are speaking out. The treatment that our brave troops received when they came home from Vietnam was a crime. We are now watching the same groups trying to achieve the same goals with our current troops. The 70's were painful to watch growing up and tactics of protestors now are painful to watch as a mother with three young men serving our country. I hope that the truth will be found out about John Kerry and just what political groups fuel the war protesting groups. Most Americans wouldn't sit still for just how much the media supports groups that really have an interest in hurting our country. It scares me to death to think of kerry being elected as the CIC to my sons. Maybe, just maybe America can find out just what went on with VVAW and how a leader of such a group is unfit for command.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should volunteer to speak for Bush at the convention:)
uadoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Hanna Reply with quote

I'm a rural country doctor. I'm not a politician. I'm not a Veteran. I just love the old USA and appreciate every one who has given their life for me and my family. The values that Kerry has portayed based on his post-war actions and his Senate career are not what I want my son's to live in. I don't agree with Bush on everything but I do believe he loves our country and wants to defend it. I would love to have the opportunity to speak at any gathering for Bush and the Vet's for the Truth. Hearing it 1st hand at my 1st trip to the Vietnam Memorial made me cry. My son ask lot's of questions and it made me think. The Dr. who treated Kerry's 1st Purple Heart had an article yesterday in the local paper and stated he didn't even have to use anesthetic to treat it. He put a band aid on it. I treat worse wounds every day in my office. This kind of man doesn't deserve to lead troops. I strongly believe that. And would be willing to tell anybody who would listen.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uadoc, maybe that bandaid is what Kerry's camp fears.

Let's be honest. If John Kerry was awarded a Purple Heart for bandaid level injury he could kiss his intregrity goodbye.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: