SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Troops Everywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Dear Troops Everywhere Reply with quote

THIS WAS SENT TO ME, BY A FRIEND AND I WANTED TO SHARE. I HOPE U ALL TAKE NOTE BECAUSE THIS IS THE TRUEST BULLETIN U WILL EVER READ:

Dear Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, National Guard, Reservists, in Iraq, in the Middle East theater, in Afghanistan, in the area near Afghanistan, in any base and anywhere in the world, and your families:

Let me tell you about why you guys own about 90 percent of the cojones in the whole world right now and should be damned happy with yourselves and damned proud of who you are. It was a dazzlingly hot day here today. I did small errands and then
I spoke to a few people.

In other words, I did a lot of nothing. Like every other American who is not in the armed forces family, I basically just rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic in my trivial, self-important, meaningless way.

Above all, I talked to a friend of more than forty-three years who told me he thought his life had no meaning because all he did was count his money.

And, friends in the armed forces, this is the story of all of America today. We are doing nothing but treading water while you guys carry on the life or death struggle against worldwide militant Islamic terrorism. Our lives are about nothing: paying bills, going to humdrum jobs, waiting until we can go to sleep and then do it all again. Our most vivid issues are trivia compared with what you do every day, every minute, every second.

Oprah Winfrey talks a lot about "meaning" in life. For her, "meaning" is dieting and then having her photo on the cover of her magazine every single month (surely a new world record for egomania ).This is not "meaning."

Meaning is doing for others. Meaning is risking your life for others. Meaning is putting your bodies and families' peace of mind on the line to defeat some of the most evil, sick killers the world has ever known. Meaning is leaving the comfort of home to fight to make sure that there still will be a home for your family and for your nation and for free men and women everywhere.

Look, soldiers and Marines and sailors and airmen and Coast Guardsmen, there are eight billion people in this world. The whole fate of this world turns on what you people, 1.4 million, more or less, do every day. The fate of mankind depends on what about 2/100 of one percent of the people in this world do every day -- and you are those people. And joining you is every policeman, fireman, and EMT in the country, also holding back the tide of chaos.

Do you know how important you are? Do you know how indispensable you are? Do you know how humbly grateful any of us who has a head on his shoulders is to you?

Do you know that if you never do another thing in your lives, you will always still be heroes? That we could live without Hollywood or Wall Street or the NFL, but we cannot live for a week without you?

We are on our knees to you and we bless and pray for you every moment.

And Oprah Winfrey, if she were a size two, would not have one millionth of your importance, and all of the Wall Street billionaires will never mean what the least of you do, and if Barry Bonds hit ninety home runs it would not mean as much as you going on one patrol or driving one truck to the Baghdad airport.

You are everything to us, as we go through our little days, and you are in the prayers of the nation and of every decent man and woman on the planet.

That's who you are and what you mean. I hope you know that.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a letter from Ben Stein.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised it's by Ben Stein.

I sure like that guy.

and maybe I should add that a lot of the fro-fro women (I'd say ladies
but - well, they aren't) on my scrapping board are a bunch of
nasty, nasty liberals.
they'd qualify in the top 10 for a job as a demo mouthpiece.

I never realized how many nasty people were in this country
- and unamerican - until the campaign - and the scrapping msg baord.
I never 'knew' so many nasty (vile) females. whoa! they sure
take the cake.
and I sure hope God will forgive me someday for me posting a thread
there every other day or so about something political - to whip them
in a frenzy ! man, you'd think someone just threw raw meat in the
lion's den! whoa - it is NASTY !

these women should be ashamed of themselves...
ok...on Sunday I'll post Bens letter there.....
I sure get raked over the coals for my threads/ posts - but it's worth it.
I survived 4 teenagers, I can survive a few doz nasty women ! Laughing Laughing

thanks Ben!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben's letter ought to give a few of them hissy fits then Stevie.

Well said Ben Stein. You 'da man!

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: