SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shop on May 1st

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Shop on May 1st Reply with quote

On Monday May 1, 2006 the illegal aliens (invaders) are threatening
> to do absolutely no shopping of any kind. They want to show America how
> powerful their numbers are by staying home and by not spending their
> money at the stores; to show us how much we need them. - In
> response, every American should go to at least one store and buy at
> least one item. It doesn't take much of our time or money. Let's send
> our message out that we won't be pushed around and bullied. If
> Americans don't do something, and just stand around and watch these
> aggressive demands WE ARE GOING TO LOSE OUR COUNTRY IN OUR LIFETIME.**
>
>
>
> ** ****Shop on May 1 - and pass this on to all your friends and
> relatives.**
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts exactly! I'll schecule that for shopping day...
that'll mean about 3 stores !

if you'd be out anyway, try to hit an extra store !

get gas that day....
eat lunch out....
pick up some groceries (even if you COULD wait til 5/2 )

and hey ! maybe the laundromat won't be jam packed !
(wonder if the usual Mexican guys will still be 'hanging' out at the
local laundry/convenience ' store? I guess they don't work - or are
picked up/dropped off there by builders in the area...; I'm in AZ)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference is to do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
If everybody just behaves a usual, and there is ... say ... a 2% drop in sales or productivity or whatever they want to measure, that will tell me what I suspected in the first place.

Sorry, but that's the only way to gauge the impact of this incredibly useful group.

I'm predicting nothing will happen, except for the MSM stories on the non-events, and possibly an increase in crime rates for 24 hours.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post. I'll make sure and do plenty of shopping on that day including the forwarding of your message.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will make trips to all the stores in my area that day. Thought this e-mail message was good.

Quote:
As you no doubt know, illegal aliens and their handlers plan to hold their next Senate intimidation rallies on May 1, better known as the Marxist holiday of "May Day." The May Day campaign will consist of yet more anti-law-enforcement marches and a nationwide "boycott" of shopping. The aim of the boycott is to demonstrate the purchasing power of the 11 million immigration criminals demanding amnesty. The boycott will also include a general strike by immigration criminals, who are being encouraged to skip work that day. (clearly the author of this had an opinion)

If the boycott and strike are successful, this means May 1 will be A DAY WITHOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS! Lines will be shorter. Clerks will all speak English. Businesses that have been honest enough to hire legal residents will be poised to finally enjoy a competitive advantage! Every American should make a point to get out and support those businesses and counteract the boycott movement.

Show the doubters that a day without illegal aliens is not a crisis, it's just a good start. And spread the word. Forward this notice or send out your own. Let it be shouted, in clear unaccented English, from every mountaintop and blog: SPEND, Americans, SPEND!

Lastly, be sure to make note of which businesses can still function on a day without illegal aliens, so that you can patronize them when you need another product. Let's turn the day without illegal aliens into an everyday thing.

Dusty
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Apr-23-Sun-2006/news/6975494.html

Quote:
Fans of Lindo Michoacan's signature carnitas will be out of luck if they try to visit the popular Mexican restaurant on May 1. It will be closed as part of a national day of protest by immigrants designed to draw attention to how important they are to the U.S. economy.

"I have no choice," Lindo Michoacan owner Javier Barajas said of the closure. "My employees already told me nobody's going to show up to work."

I'd find new employees
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already decided to shop as normal on May 1. Of course, the "normal" may just be a small amount more normal than other days Wink

However, any businesses I find closed on May 1 out of protest will lose my business permantently.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I have no choice," Lindo Michoacan owner Javier Barajas said of the closure. "My employees already told me nobody's going to show up to work."
Sounds like Lindo Michoacan is part of the problem.
I have to side with LewWaters:
Quote:
However, any businesses I find closed on May 1 out of protest will lose my business permantently.
If you're closed on May 1 then don't count on my business ever again.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could join in :/

MJ
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like Lindo Michoacan is part of the problem.
I have to side with LewWaters:
Quote:
If you're closed on May 1 then don't count on my business ever again.

I was worried I was becoming liberal.
If I am, there are three of us.
NOT Laughing
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad day here in my house. We really like their food but closed on May 1st means no more of my hard earned dollars for them. Back to Chinese take out...
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've decided we can live without Mexican food.
Like the supt. I had on one multi-story building job in San Antonio once. He said, "When I get finished with this job I'm going to tie a tortillo to my car antenna and drive to where nobody knows what it is then I know I'll be home.
We put enough heat on the legal Mexicans, maybe they'll run the illegals they been sheltering back home.
Dusty
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm with you Lew, the only sure way to find out who your communist friends are is to knock on their door on May Day....If it's closed for business on May Day, I'm closed to shopping there the other 364 days of the year, as well.

Deuce
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several issues with the protests/boycotts, the least of which is the outrageous number of students who have been indoctrinated and recruited by immigrant, anti-war, communist, and labour groups to participate in these events. Even here locally in toledo, hundreds of students participated in a FLOC/AFL-CIO sponsored rally. It was held on Toledo School's property and endorsed by the City of Toledo.

Aside from them 'boycotting' work, school, and shopping, their agenda is much more sinister and the MAYDAY INTIMIDATION event may potentionally shut down the nation. One only need look (photos & websites linked) at their shirts, flags, graffiti, endorsers, and websites to know their intentions.

PHOTOS
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1620198/posts?q=1&&page=1
OUR LAND, NOT YOURS

WEBSITES
http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm
WE ARE NOT FOREIGNERS ON OUR OWN LAND

http://www.NoHR4437.org/
DEMAND IMMEDIATE LEGALIZATION AND NO BORDERS

http://www.actionla.org/
We will settle for nothing less than full amnesty and dignity for the millions of undocumented workers presently in the U.S. We believe that increased enforcement is a step in the wrong direction and will only serve to facilitate more tragedies along the Mexican-U.S. border in terms of deaths and family separation.

How many times in how many weeks are we to allow these people to take over our major cities and at what cost? Mayday will be both protest and boycott. There are unions involved in attempting to shut down the ports, transportation, railroad, truckers, etc. I heard today that the International Brotherhood of Teamsters WILL honor the walkouts. I asked a member why and was told that the sooner they are legal, the sooner they become union members, the sooner the union due$ start coming in and the democratic votes get counted.

I am hopeful that despite their message and intentions, the day will remain peaceful because there is no doubt in my mind that the sheer numbers involved in these protests render our law enforcement helpless and unable to control them and beneath those waving american flags, they know it.

For the first time I am at odds with President Bush. I only wish that he were endorsing a wall at the border and no form of amnesty and I am disturbed by the political rammifications this may have long term on elections, possible impeachment, and then an inevitable 'surrender' in Iraq.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
<SNIP>

How many times in how many weeks are we to allow these people to take over our major cities and at what cost? Mayday will be both protest and boycott. There are unions involved in attempting to shut down the ports, transportation, railroad, truckers, etc. I heard today that the International Brotherhood of Teamsters WILL honor the walkouts. I asked a member why and was told that the sooner they are legal, the sooner they become union members[, the sooner the union due$ start coming in and the democratic votes get counted.
<SNIP>

Therein lies the tip of the iceberg.

As soon as they become union members (legal or with 'worker status'), the sooner they also get the same health and wage benefits contractually afforded to the union.

Health care costs are already bad enough, and emergency healthcare is already subsidized by all legal citizens (matters not whether we are in a union on that issue). Allowing them ('undocumented' workers) to "unionize" would require that all family members were insured.

What do you suppose would give first: price or quality?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: