SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tony Snow TAKES White House Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Tony Snow TAKES White House Post Reply with quote

I am delighted! I just pray that Tony's health holds up.

Quote:
Sources: Tony Snow likely to take White House post
By Suzanne Malveaux
CNN Washington Bureau
Tuesday, April 25, 2006; Posted: 4:07 a.m. EDT (08:07 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sources close to the White House said Monday that Fox anchor Tony Snow is likely to accept the job as White House press secretary, succeeding Scott McClellan.

The sources said they expect him to announce his decision within the next few days........

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/24/snow/

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Snow is good. Thinks fast on his feet. Looking forward to repartee' between him and that idiot from NBC.
My only preference above Tony would be General Honore' (of New Orleans), remember "You are stuck on stupid!"?
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
Tony Snow is good.........My only preference above Tony would be General Honore' (of New Orleans), remember "You are stuck on stupid!"?

I agree, Honoree could handle the press easily....It doesn't bother him that the press isn't bound to 'tell the truth' where the WH press Secretary essentially must do so. The stress comes from the gulf between the lies in the questions to get to the truth of an answer. Perhaps the level of 'respect' will rise enough to avoid the typical left boilerplate diatribes...most of the time the only answer is "that's silly, next"...but you seldom hear that answer...go figure!

Deuce
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tony does this it's for a cause greater than himself. It's a thankless job. He'l take a serious cut in income. He's got to know the honeymoon with his fellow journalists won't last long.

Gen. Honore would be fun. I'ld give anything to see Rush at the lecturn for just one WH press meeting.

-Wlm Shakespeare
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Howard Kurtz in tomorrow's WAPO, Tony is taking the job as long as the results of his catscan shows he is still disease free from colon cancer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/25/AR2006042501602.html
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think it's a pretty safe bet, that he's accepted,
since his account at FReeRepublic has been suspended, and all his posts have been removed.

A Press Secretary can't be posting on political forum Wink
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the job will be on a leave-of-absence basis from Fox. Sure hope so.

Schadow
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony will be at the White House Wednesday morning.
Perfect! Such a class act and brilliant intellect.
CONGRATULATIONS, TONY!
Quote:
Sources: Tony Snow to Be Named White House Press Secretary
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
By Melissa Drosjack

WASHINGTON — Tony Snow will be named new White House press secretary on Wednesday morning, FOX News has learned. Snow is expected to be at the White House for the announcement......

Story cont'd at: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193093,00.html

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be watching when he takes on the blabbering fool

named Helen Thomas. I just do not think she has much of a

chance with Tony! Twisted Evil
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in hogs heaven watching this unfold. Snow is a consumate professional and will do very well no matter who the president is.

However the real pay off is just how much it irritates the DNC.... God it's great! Have you read the Dnc official statement?!:
Quote:
Tony Snow represents more of the same, not the fresh start the Administration needed," said Democratic National Committee Communications Director Karen Finney. "This is an interdepartmental move from one part of the conservative infrastructure to another that allows a darling of the right-wing to deliver the same misleading message, cherry-picked information and spin to the American people.”

Finnerty said Bush’s other recent personnel moves, which include the appointment of Joshua Bolten as new White House Chief of Staff, are just cosmetic.

"Josh Bolten's plan for re-energizing the White House called for more happy talk and a better PR campaign for the same failed policies,” the DNC spokesperson continued. "Snow's track record of delivering misleading rhetoric is a perfect fit for this administration that refuses to change and has a problem telling the truth.”

So's I saw a wonderfuly entertaining interview with the afore mentioned 'Karen Finney'... and the entertainment value allone made my day.

Oh.... they hate bush, they hate fox, surely the hate the swiftvets.... so much hate and so little time!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had about all this "failed policy" and misleading information" crapola I can stand.
Talk about communist propaganda and mind control....the Commiecrats are really trying to be masters of it.
Got to be some way to show the American public that they are being led astray by these lies.
Hoping Tony can help to some extent.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: