SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Pundit (O'Reilly) calls Kerry factor?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: "Pundit (O'Reilly) calls Kerry factor?" Reply with quote

The revelation of O'Reilly's sexcapades and the drubbing he took from Al Franken both in the courts and on the book-selling beat put O'Reilly into damage control...big time. That "Swifboat thing" and now...this. O'Reilly, your 15 minutes are up...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Pundit calls Kerry factor
By Jessica Heslam
Boston Herald
Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - Updated: 08:04 AM EST

Massachusetts Democratic Sen. John Kerry is getting the thumbs up for a second presidential run from an unlikely corner - Fox TV titan Bill O’Reilly.

“If I were him, I’d do it. What’s he got to lose? He’s got huge name recognition. He almost won last time,” said the ex-Boston newsguy turned cable news heavyweight.

“I think he’s got to come out a little bit more specific,” said O’Reilly, who plans to have Kerry as a guest on an upcoming segment of “The O’Reilly Factor.”

“If he is more specific and does engage the folks, he’s got a good shot. He’s got a lot of experience. He’s got respect abroad. I think he’s a smart guy. We need some strong leadership in this country.”

Boston Herald - cont'd

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed May 10, 2006 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: SMART? Reply with quote

"Smart guy"? My Mastiff, Bubba, is smart, too.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least now we know where Bill O’Reilly stands, we won't make the mistake of counting on him if Hanoi John decides to get humiliated again.
Make it a positive thing, folks. Wink
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known since before the 2004 election that O'Reilly thought sKerry was a real stand-up guy. I think they might have been buddies in Boston.

But in a way, and if BOR's endorsement is any encouragement, I'm looking forward to the battle between sKerry and Hillary in the primaries. Man, talk about blood-letting sport in the ancient colosseum!
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
I'm looking forward to the battle between sKerry and Hillary in the primaries. Man, talk about blood-letting sport in the ancient colosseum!

Does that mean we will have to help Hillary to insure Kerry doesn't get elected????? Shocked Crying or Very sad Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does that mean we will have to help Hillary to insure Kerry doesn't get elected?????

I hope not. And conversely, and speaking for myself only, I'd sure hate to be accused of helping Hillary, too. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a hunch that a contest between those two will result in the destruction of both of them. Since we can't realistically do much before sKerry announces, and since the contest will begin immediately, I figure we might as well sit back and try to enjoy the spectacle.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Clintonistas and sKerry/Kennedy factions battle to exhaustion at the expense of the party faithful, Al Gore and the moonbat wing will step to the fore.

-Wlm Shakespeare
lwilson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill is doing us a favor. If Kerry, and hopefully algore, can be convinced to run, they will become roadblocks to Hillary. Hillary has 666 stamped on her forehead.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very afraid the choice in 2008 will be Hillary or McCain. My choice will then be Hillary or not voting. Crying or Very sad
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
After the Clintonistas and sKerry/Kennedy factions battle to exhaustion at the expense of the party faithful, Al Gore and the moonbat wing will step to the fore.

I have little concern that AlGore and the moonbat wing will survive the Democratic primaries. What does concern me (and appears to be the more likely scenario) is the emergence of Hilary after 3 years of an intensive moonbat makeover.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu May 11, 2006 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am very afraid the choice in 2008 will be Hillary or McCain. My choice will then be Hillary or not voting.

I'm with you there, brother. I can't support either one of them.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
Quote:
I am very afraid the choice in 2008 will be Hillary or McCain. My choice will then be Hillary or not voting.

I'm with you there, brother. I can't support either one of them.

Makes at least 3 of us. Crying or Very sad
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling O'Reilly was an ***hat long ago, now he proves it. Why do so many people watch his show? I stopped years ago.

I hope Hilliary gets the nod for I know she will lose. All the Dems I hear about will lose same as Kerry did. Gore even lost his home state, there is no way he will get the nomination!

Mark Warner could win for the Democrats, but they will put Hilliary up. I don't have any idea who the Republican could be. There is nobody out there that appeals to me. Guiliani is for gun control, so he is out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: