SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North American Union to Replace USA? (by Jerome R. Corsi)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish he hadn't written any of this.
People tend to associate conspiracy theory stuff with nutbars.
Corsi and O'Neill did a marvelous job on "Unfit for Command". This can only detract from Unfit. With Kerry making overtures for a second attempt, I'd hate to think of the Kerry Camp using this info to advance their cause.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree Jack, it is very unfortunate

1) Corsi should actually print a correction regarding his comments about expanding Nafta to include Canada ( duh) That was either a horrible misspeak, or he is very uninformed.

2) This is not a secret plan of Bush's. Whether GWB has sympathies of opinion with the NWO stuff - who knows. But they are not a secret - they've been around for decades...hiding in plain sight.

Wonder if he stll has ideas of running for sKerry's Senate seat? Rolling Eyes
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid you're both right.

The Kerry supporters have adopted a unified tactic of simply screaming down O'Neill (or any Swift vet) as flagrant liars, right wing nut cases, etc. Did you see Bob Beckel on Hannity & Colmes a couple days ago? (Go to http://www.foxnews.com/hannityandcolmes/index.html - click on ":: Video" toward upper right corner - then "Mad About Murtha!" video clip - while it lasts.) O'Neill was great as usual, so, Beckel and Colmes simply drowned him out.

Beckel (or whoever) obviously won't persuade O'Neill or anyone who is informed about Kerry... but he is hoping to make O'Neill "look wrong" to the confused viewer / independent voter who isn't informed. He's hoping to make it seem inconceivable that anyone who criticizes the noble Kerry could be other than a liar or nutcase.

Now again, Corsi may have a point about some people trying to push a North American Union... but when Corsi doesn't do his homework and says plain crazy stuff, he plays into what the Kerry supporters are trying to do. Folks, it WILL be used against SVPfT.

I hope/pray someone is writing a 2nd edition of Unfit that will (a) answer the new details, "responses" or new memoirs that people unveiled when Unfit v1 came out, and (b) de-emphasize Corsi.

Because we basically know Kerry is running in '08.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to get steamrolled over this posting, but here goes anyway...

Corsi has taken a position that I think is very regrettable to the Swiftees cause in maintaining credibilty for the coming second round candidacy of Kerry. But Corsi is merely echoing words that are coming out of a well-orchestrated group on the far right. If you really want to know where this is all coming from - including some of the information you see in this thread - you really need to do a Google search for the "John Birch Society," and settle down for some in-depth reading.

Many of you, probably like me, thought that the John Birch Society was pushed off into the fringe element of far-right, ultra-conservative, politics with the defeat of Barry Goldwater in 1964. Well, they're b-a-c-k!

If you go to: http://www.jbs.org/ and scan down this front page you will recognize positions on the immigration issue, and you will also see an article titled "United States of North America":
http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/publish/article_3746.shtml
which should look very familiar if you've read this thread.

I encourage anyone who is wondering what is going on to poke around on the JBS site and to look through some of the other links that Google will come up with when you do a search for the John Birch Society. I'll warn you that it is virtually impossible to find a "neutral" article dealing with the JBS - either the authors are for 'em, or they're a'gin 'em. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but I've had great difficulty with finding anything (in fact, I haven't) that I can recognize as neutral and in the middle.

I'm not a Bircher, but I do tend to agree with many of their positions - as I think many self-described Conservatives will do. What turns me off on the Birchers is their fanatical obsession with conspiracy theories (you'll see plenty of evidence of this at their own site), and with their historical and continued to this day, opposition to "foreign entanglements." While I agree with some, and maybe a lot, of their theories on Communist/Socialst "conspiracy," I think they go way overboard in their obsessions, and you should know that they were discredited by William Buckley some years ago primarily because of their charge that Dwight D. Eisenhower was a Communist agent.

As for their opposition to "foreign entanglements," you should also know that they proudly proclaim on their site (it takes some looking to find it, though) that they marched in opposition to the Vietnam War. And they are reported (from other Google hits) to be very opposed to our presence in Iraq, and by extension, any intervention on our part into Iran.

And don't miss this link:
http://www.antiwar.com/orig/eddlem.php?articleid=8966

Supposedly, according to one Internet site critical of Birchers (but unsubstantiated with real evidence) Birchers have already instituted a petition to impeach George W. Bush. They have taken a hard opposition to the Patriot Act (documented on their site). They dislike, and label as counterfeit conservatives ("among others"): William Bennett, Rush Limbaugh, William Kristol, and George W. Bush.

So each of you will have to be your own judge. But I think you will see that much of the over-heated rhetoric we're seeing coming from the very far right (and which is gaining some traction in today's political dialogue) is coming straight from the resurrgent John Birch Society. In my opinion, it's good to be informed where such opinions are originating from.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK, I, for one, thank you for that concise and well-written overview of the issue at hand. It was most educational...and thanks to all for their studied input on this subject.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
Have to agree Jack, it is very unfortunate

1) Corsi should actually print a correction regarding his comments about expanding Nafta to include Canada ( duh) That was either a horrible misspeak, or he is very uninformed.

Corsi is somewhat correct in his statement because NAFTA was crafted to open up the Mexican market to free trade while utilizing the Mexican cheap labor to provide jobs south of the border and invest in the Mexican economy. Remember all of the opposition to the agreement that centered on the notion that US jobs were going to be lost because production plants were going to be moved to Mexico?

Quote:
Secretly, the Bush administration is pursuing a policy to expand NAFTA to include Canada, setting the stage for North American Union designed to encompass the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. What the Bush administration truly wants is the free, unimpeded movement of people across open borders with Mexico and Canada.

The United States and Canada already had the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement of 1989 which was incorporated into NAFTA.

Quote:

NAFTA called for immediately eliminating duties on half of all U.S. goods shipped to Mexico and gradually phasing out other tariffs over a period of about 14 years. Restrictions were to be removed from many categories, including motor vehicles and automotive parts, computers, textiles, and agriculture. The treaty also protected intellectual property rights (patents, copyrights, and trademarks) and outlined the removal of restrictions on investment among the three countries. Provisions regarding worker and environmental protection were added later as a result of supplemental agreements signed in 1993.

What NAFTA did was force Mexico to open up, among other things, their agricultural market which had the effect of eliminating all of the small farms in Southern Mexico that could not compete with the big farms and essentially forced the migration of that labor to come North across our borders like a flood. It is not a coincidence that a majority of the illegal aliens in this country come from the far southern regions of Mexico.

This is what Corsi is referring to when he says the Bush administration is calling for the free movement of people across open borders with both Mexico and Canada. Currently the US is sustaining the entire burden of this northern migration, but Canada's agricultural business also contributed to the migration and should also absorb some of the burden.

If you are going to advance a free trade agreement that effects the welfare of millions of people, then in effect you also have to live with the consequences. This is why President's Bush has been pushing so hard for his temporary worker program as the solution to the current border fiasco we currently have. I think the President's plan is the only plan that actually deals with the problem. Granted Mexico still needs to get their act together, but it is not all their fault either!!

SBD
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're bending over backwards pretty hard there to make a terrible article sound reasonable, SBD.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
This is an unbelievable story. So far, Corsi has only provided us with a report from a left-center organization without documentation to prove his point. I agree that this is scary and beyond comprehension but I need more than speculation.

Methinks you're being too generous with the addition of the word 'center'. The site is liberal, tho' it presents 'all' lefthanded conservative news. Wink
The Con is often successful, but easily parsed. Just add up the leftist 'one-liners', in any article, available to bash any given conservative...True conservatives don't give journalists softballs to throw back at them! I find it hard to believe Corsi was duped...he may just 'owe somebody' a favor.

Deuce
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read in the open light of this week's immigration bill, whoever said 'hiding in plain view' was prescient. This link had some interesting insight, which I know, I for one misread completely. Also the SBD Freeper links are informative. Memorial Day is an ironic day to bring up the New World Order, but the Senate seems hell bent on going there! So be sure to download the PDF document itself...I didn't do that back in 2005 when it came out and now regret that omission!

Deuce

some more links here:
http://www.eagleforum.org/psr/2005/july05/psrjuly05.html
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful with this one. The joining of the US, Canada and Mexico idea has been around a long time and was a concept pushed by the communist in the late 1940's, early 1950's.
I view the "information" as a possible trial balloon launched by the left to see the reaction. If it fles, then the push to rewrite the US Constitution (a living document, according to leftist) can begin. If the idea does not fly then there is another reason to hate Bush.
joessoft
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: North American Union to Replace USA? (by Jerome R. Cors Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:

Isn't this in opposition to his sworn oath to uphold the Constitution of The United States? And, if true, is it not a valid impeachable offense?

I believe it is... and this under cover crap is going on here in Texas with the
"highway" that will be run by a foreign power and through the states from Mexico to Canada..

Maybe Swifty's need to bring a suit in Fed. Court ( it would probably go all the way to the SCT ..to bring attention to the issue and see if there is any judicial relief. Be an awesome complex lit type claim (class based)..

would have to raise millions - then hope they don't hire foreign "merc's" to moot the case by assassination(s) of plaintiffs - wonder if J. McNeil (esq.) would handle that one?

If it happens, (loss of sovereign powers) every person who fought & died for the US - died in vein,
and that trickles down hill..

God Bless - keep the faith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: