SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry should make up for his ‘mistake'"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: "Kerry should make up for his ‘mistake'" Reply with quote

From Don Surber's keyboard to God's ear...

Quote:
Kerry should make up for his ‘mistake'
Honor calls for him to resign from the Senate
by Don Surber
Charleston Daily Mail (WV)
Thursday June 15, 2006

JOHN Kerry has joined John Murtha and other Democrats in saying he erred in voting for the liberation of Iraq.

"It is essential to acknowledge that the war itself was a mistake. . . . It was wrong, and I was wrong to vote for that Iraqi war resolution," Kerry told a Democratic Party gathering in Washington this week.

If the junior senator from Massachusetts truly believes that his judgment was so clouded that he sent thousands of American men and women to their deaths needlessly, then he should do the honorable thing and resign from Congress.

Senators and congressmen who stand by their votes nearly four years later do not have this problem.

But I have a major problem with those who send in 150,000 troops only to abandon the cause in a year (in Murtha's case) or three (in Kerry's case).

Back in October 2002, when Congress considered the war resolution, Murtha said:

"Obviously we have reason to be concerned about Saddam Hussein. There's no question that he's a real threat to us and we need to make sure he's not developing nuclear, chemical or biological weapons to use against us or against other nations in the Middle East. We also need to make sure that Iraq does not resume Afghanistan's former role as the host nation for terrorist training camps."

Kerry said back then: "There is no question that Saddam Hussein represents a threat. I have heard even my colleagues who oppose the president's resolution say we have to hold Saddam Hussein accountable. They also say we have to force the inspections. And to force the inspections, you have to be prepared to use force.

"So the issue is not over the question of whether or not the threat is real, or whether or not people agree there is a threat. It is over what means we will take, and when, in order to try to eliminate it."

Both now want to reject the war without penalty. It shows a surprising lack of seriousness about war from two decorated combat veterans of Vietnam.

One can flip-flop on many things.

But war is not like voting on whether toilets shall be limited to 1.6 gallons per flush. (There really is such a law.) War is final.

Fortunately, both men are wrong about being wrong. Our young men and women have not died in vain.

Establishing a democracy in the Middle East and freeing Iraqis from an Idi Amin-level dictator will go a long way toward shortening the War on Terrorism. The death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi should help.

Had the military heeded Murtha's call last November to immediate redeploy its troops out of Iraq within six months, al-Zarqawi would be alive and well and Iraq would look like Somalia, another nation where Murtha requested a U.S. redeployment.

Unfortunately for Somalia, President Clinton did just that.

President Bush visited Baghdad this week as Iraq's first duly elected government in 59 years launched an effort to stabilize the nation.

Both Kerry and Murtha want a timetable for leaving Iraq. That's simple: When hell freezes over or when Iraq asks us to leave.

We still have troops in Germany, Japan, Italy and England as the result of World War II.

In April 1971, testifying before the Senate, Kerry asked: "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

Now that he is in the Senate, he seems to have no problem asking men and women to do just that. He says his vote was a "mistake," but he offers nothing to make up for his "mistake."

How hollow.

Fortunately, Kerry did not become the commander-in-chief. The Iraq war is not a mistake. The American people need to stand by the people of Iraq against a terrorism that threatens them both.

Don Surber may be reached at donsurber@dailymail.com.

Charleston Daily Mail
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Honor calls for him to resign from the Senate

It is quite a stretch to imagine that Kerry possesses even a microgram of Honor. Whatever he once may have had, the remains of it were dusted off that Senate hearing room table by a janitor one night in 1971.

Don Surber writes a good piece.

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow, I'm beginning to believe that sKerry never had any honor to begin with. You are not born with honor, you acquire it as you mature. Self centered opportunists somehow missed out on that part of their upbringing.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a big question would be which mistake? He has quite a few to choose from and if ever did decide to set the record straight, I really don't think he even knows the truth any more. He's changed his facts so often that I doubt he has the slightest clue which 'mistake' would be the correct one.

Is Massachusetts that lost that they can only find those kinds of guys to run for the Senate? What a combo.... he fits right in with scuba driver Kennedy... pity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: