SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eric Hoffer, regarding Israel's current thrust into Gaza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Eric Hoffer, regarding Israel's current thrust into Gaza Reply with quote

From Eric Hoffer's Diary

December 3, 1974 4:00 p.m.

A world that did not lift a finger when Hitler was wiping out six million Jewish men, women , and children is now saying that the Jewish state of Israel will not survive if it does not come to terms with the Arabs. My feeling is that no one in this universe has the right and the competance to tell Israel what it has to do in order to survive. On the contrary, it is Israel that can tell us what to do. It can tell us that we shall not survive is we do not cultivate and celebrate courage, if we coddle traitors and deserters, bargain with terrorists, court enemies, and scorn friends.

I could not agree more.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must stand by Israel and the Israelis must do whatever is necessary.
It is fighting for its very survival.

God's promise to Abram:
"I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;

and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

Genesis: 2-3

IMHO, woe be to those who attack God's favored nation!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran's president reminds me of a guy poking a stick at a rattlesnake. Sooner or later he's gonna get bit.

Israel has had all she can stand of this refusal by the arabs to accept her presence in the world and we must stand by her. It's what America was created for.

Dusty
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Stein says it well!

Quote:
Eretz Israel
By Ben Stein
Published 7/14/2006 9:57:32 AM

Now for a few thoughts about the war in the Middle East.

1.) God bless Eretz Israel. The Hamas terrorists provoked them mercilessly. Hamas fired rockets and mortars at Israel every single day since Israel gave Gaza back to the Palestinian Authority. Israel acted with amazing restraint. But when the Hamas murderers killed two Israeli soldiers and kidnapped another, that was too much. God bless Israel for having the cojones to stand up for herself.

Hezbollah are the most vicious killers imaginable. They killed 283 U.S. Marines in Lebanon in 1983. They kicked a helpless Navy man, Robert Stetham, to death on a hijacked airliner. They have killed and mailed U.S. embassy people wherever they could. They blew up a Jewish community center filled with children in Buenos Aires.

They are not politicians any more than Stalin or Hitler were politicians. They are simply murderers. God bless Israel for standing up to them when they attacked over the border and killed eight Israelis and kidnapped two. There is no end to the wickedness of these people, no end to their hatred of the United States and Israel. No end to their sickness.

They are not like anyone you know, unless you knew Eichmann or Dr. Mengele or Himmler. The world is well rid of every one whom Israel kills or captures. They cannot be rehabilitated.

2.) God bless George W. Bush and Condoleezza Rice. While France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Russia predictably blamed the victim -- Eretz Israel -- Bush and Rice alone stood up for justice and for the right of Israel to self-defense and against murder.

There is no end to the loyalty and courage of Mr. Bush where Israel is concerned. Yes, he has made mistakes aplenty. Yes, he sometimes listens to his heart instead of his head. But his selfless devotion to Israel is a shining chapter in the history of American political leadership. Where LBJ and Kennedy washed their hands of Israel, could not have cared less about whether Israel survived, where Clinton had the thief, murderer Arafat to the White House, more than any other world leader Bush has stood foursquare for the survival of Israel.

How any American Jew concerned about the survival of Israel could even consider not supporting Bush in the final analysis is a mystery to me.

3.) It is clear that Iran is the main funding- and weapons-supplying entity fueling Hezbollah against Israel. Isn't Israel entitled now to bomb the Iranian nuclear sites? Shouldn't the U.S. supply Israel with the weapons needed to do the job? Isn't the time now?

4.) Shouldn't we American Jews be on our knees night and day with gratitude that we are in the blessed, safe USA? We should be and I am.

The American Spectator
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: