SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FBI ABSCAM PUBLIC COMMENTS MENTION MURTHA FAKE MEDALS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: FBI ABSCAM PUBLIC COMMENTS MENTION MURTHA FAKE MEDALS Reply with quote

Click on Link and read page 2. This is back in 1980 which gives credibility to Bailey's letter I posted a few weeks ago.

FBI ABSCAM PUBLIC RESPONSES

SBD
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez SBD,

Murtha gets two purple hearts for two minor scratches (lacerations). Sounds like something sKerry would do. These politicians are really something else. I know that most of the swifties and other veterans would not have accepted a P.H. for anything less than a wound that incapacitated them for at least a day or two. In a very minor incident on a Vietnamese PCF, my boot was grazed by a small arms round and left me with a half inch long scratch on my ankle (at the time I didn't even notice it for fifteen or twendty minutes). It only needed a swab of iodine and a bandaid. I'd have been too embarassed Embarassed to accept a P.H. for it. Heck, the most inconvenient part was replacing my boot; and that took more than a month. I suppose that if one were in combat and one of your buddies put himself in for every little cut, scrape or scratch, then it would be reasonable to assume that he wanted a career in politics.
Technically, Murtha would qualify for the 2 PHs as a result of the two minor lacerations; but if he had any honor (and he's demonstrated frequently that he has none), he'd have declined them out of respect for those who truly earned them.
Jack
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off the top of my head - not having an awards manual handy -
but don't you have to be off duty because of your injury for at least
24 hours?
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiftboating: – Exposing the lies, deceit, and fraud of self-glorifying public officials or candidates for public office who
exaggerate their military service by lying about their feats of heroism and combat wounds

Operation Street Corner
A campaign organized by
Vets For The Truth to
redeploy John Murtha

Quote:
A Message from the President of Vets for the Truth

WELCOME TO OPERATION STREET CORNER 2006!

What if they gave a war and nobody came (a political war, that is)?

I’ll tell you what would happen—people like John Murtha would win by default, and people like us would have only ourselves to blame.

When “they” gave a war in 2004, people like us turned out in the thousands to defeat John Kerry, and we learned some valuable lessons in doing so. One of those lessons was the value of enabling ordinary people to put on their personal political “demonstrations”—a program we called “Operation Street Corner.”

We were accused of “swiftboating” John Kerry and of being lackeys of the Republican Party.

I plead “guilty” to the first charge—I deem it an honor to have worked with the Swift boat veterans in defeating perhaps the most insidious enemy of American democracy currently on the political scene.

Republican Party lackeys? Get serious! They didn’t WANT to have anything to do with us, and we certainly had no desire to participate in their namby-pamby campaign against Kerry! We wanted to get out in the streets (or, rather, on the street corners) and let our fellow Americans know that we veterans and our friends and families were not going to let John Francophile Kerry become President by default!

How effective were we? Hard to tell, but our most intensive OSC efforts were in the states of Florida and Ohio—and guess which two states were pivotal in Kerry’s loss? You guessed it—those two. I’m not claiming that we were the deciding factor in those two states, but I will claim that we had hundreds of people on the street corners with their little homemade displays. Those people confronted undecided voters by the thousands, and there’s no doubt that some of those folks went to their home precincts and voted against Kerry.

What, you ask, do we intend to do in a congressional race in Western Pennsylvania? Why, the same thing we did nationwide in 2004—let the voters of Pennsylvania’s 12th Congressional District know just what John Murtha has done by accusing his own US Marines of “…murdering innocent civilians in cold blood.”

And that’s not all Murtha has done, either; he is consistently advocating an immediate withdrawal from Iraq, a move that would be disastrous not only to Iraq but to all of western civilization, for it would virtually ensure that the Islamist jihadists would have a safe haven from which to carry out their announced goal of DESTROYING us!

Now to specifics. We are going to take the battle to Murtha’s own front yard. We are going to have scores of mini-demonstrations/displays throughout the 12th District between now and November. We are going to engage those voters who are unaware of what Murtha has done to their country and convince them that he does not DESERVE to represent them.

We WILL redeploy John Murtha!

Join us as we do so.

Welcome to the War of 2006! I look forward to meeting you on the battlefields of John Murtha’s home district—from Johnstown to Finleyville to Charleroi to Monongahela and to all points in between!

Larry Bailey

President

Vets for the Truth

BM, Boot Murtha! (same meaning: Bowel Movement!)

(click on logo to enter Boot Murtha)

Quote:
BAILEY'S
Briefing of the Day:

July 17, 2006

A bit of a confession first off: I neglected to give credit to my friend Ted Sampley for composing the definition of “swiftboating” (in my last update). Sorry, Theodore!

And Ted’s “swiftboating”-definition tee shirts are great, too! Check ‘em out on the website…

What a week! I’m pleased to report that we have surpassed our $7750 goal for the recent drive to raise funds to prepare and mail 17,000 or so packets of “Murtha stuff” to all the voting veterans in the 12th District.

I’m also happy to tell you that we are having volunteers coming out of the woodwork, both in the 12th District and elsewhere. The level of animosity against “al-Jazeera Jack” Murtha is at an incredibly high level; similarly, the level of animosity against “Boot Murtha” is ALSO high, judging by the hate mail that I get every single day. That tells me that we’re effective.

Back-channel information indicates that Murtha now knows that we exist. The largest paper in Pittsburgh just ran a major puff-piece on him (and the publisher of the paper (the Tribune-Review) is supposed to be a conservative!). We’re going to investigate the feasibility of buying a full-page ad countering that obvious propaganda piece. If we had enough money, we could do a lot of things!

Nikki A.C. Sheppick, my “man on the ground” in the 12th District, is doing a fantastic job of coordinating mailings, OSC activities, and our upcoming rally. Yes, we’re going to take the fight to the old lion’s den sometime in late summer, and it’s BOUND to get media coverage. Thanks, Nikki, for all you’re doing.

And Lady Linda Eddy continues to produce her fantastic cartoons for the website, in addition to being our webmistress.

Speaking of webmistresses, Amanda Doss in Texarkana is working diligently on developing a 2006 revision of our www.operationstreetcorner.com website.

Thanks to all of you who sent contributions to our recent drive; I can assure you that you will get a lot of bang for your buck!

Have a great week!

Larry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 2, 2006...

A Modest Essay on Swiftboating
Since the 2004 election, in which John Kerry’s spurious claims about his valor and sacrifices in the Vietnam War were publicly questioned by a group of American patriots calling themselves “Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth,” the left has introduced a new term into the lexicon of American political jargon: “swiftboating.”

Those traffickers in hate intended it to be a pejorative term, but it has turned out to be something rather different—thanks to conservatives who have appropriated it for their own honorable use! I, for one, am proud to participate in the process of “swiftboating,” since, to me, it means the marshaling of veterans to oppose those whose respect for the truth is something less than American voters deserve from their political candidates.

I am thankful for the example set by John O’Neill, Admiral Roy “Latch” Hoffmann, Bill Franke, and hundreds of other Swift Boat veterans of the Vietnam War. As far as I’m concerned, they set the standard for organizations such as “Vets for the Truth” (VFTT) to demonstrate that the claims of certain politicians fall short of being “the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.”

The Swiftees, as they are known, are, first and foremost, American patriots of the highest caliber, and we at VFTT are honored to be accused of following in their footsteps.

Larry Bailey

President

Vets for the Truth

Proud to be Swiftboating!
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Just off the top of my head - not having an awards manual handy -
but don't you have to be off duty because of your injury for at least
24 hours?

No.

But it must require treatment by by a "Medical Officer".
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does that abscam doc take a gazillion minutes to download ?

I have dial up .... or is my system hung up trying?

it goes to the pdf screen (which I'm use to seeing) but then it
goes to a blank screen (with the abscam site addr at the top)

and the little hourglass is there.... there...there....and still there...

I finally backed out of it. if it should take forever let me know
and I'll just set it to pull up at sleep time....
thanks! Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: