SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Clinton, A Rifle, and An Israeli Foxhole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Bill Clinton, A Rifle, and An Israeli Foxhole Reply with quote

Bill Clinton, A Rifle, and An Israeli Foxhole
Written by Doc Farmer
Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Well, looks like World War IV is in full swing now. I say World War IV, because World War III already happened -- the common name is the "Cold" War -- and Reagan won that war. So, somebody please send a note to Newt Gingrich. Also, remind him that World War IV started "officially" for the United States on September 11th 2001, despite the fact that Islamofascists have been attacking America since 1968 (when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated).

Be that as it may, the current trigger to this war seems to have been pulled by Hezbollah and Hamas. They've kidnapped Israeli Soldiers, and Israel is not all that happy with this state of affairs. Furthermore, they've moved rockets and missiles into Gaza and southern Lebanon -- areas Israel agreed to move out of, so long as the other side promised not to use them for military purposes -- and proceeded to lob ordinance indiscriminately into Israel.

Our ally, Israel, has responded with what some have called "disproportionate" force. Well, how would you make it proportionate? If you point a gun at a cop, must s/he only point one back at you without firing? If you shoot the cop, can s/he only shoot back the same number of times, and hit the same parts of your body? There's proportionate response (which brings stalemate) and there's appropriate response (which brings victory).

I think you can guess which type of response I prefer.

This latest conflict, however, brought to mind a story I read several years ago. America's first Black President (and second Impeached President) was at a Hadassah fundraiser back in 2002. I recall this because I thought it was funny, totally bogus, and everything we've come to expect from Slick Willie, viz:

"The Israelis know that if the Iraqi or the Iranian army came across the Jordan River, I would personally grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die."
Now, putting aside the fact that his provisos are pretty much impossible (the Jordan River is nowhere near any invasion front, no invasion is taking place, and the attackers are being orchestrated by Iran instead of using their own army), I have to wonder if our former Fornicator-in-Chief has the intestinal fortitude to make good on his statement. Israel, one of our closest allies, is under attack. Where's Bill Clinton? Where's his rifle? Where's that foxhole?

At this point, I'd like to thank whoever in the upper military echelons taught him the difference between a rifle and a gun. Considering Clinton, this is an important lesson.

Israel is doing what America SHOULD be doing. When they are attacked, they fight back -- HARD. When their soldiers are kidnapped, they use all necessary force to get them back. When two of our troops were kidnapped, tortured, gutted, beheaded and booby-trapped, our lib/dem/soc/commie media paid attention to it for only one day. Apparently, since they weren't killed as a round number of some kind (1000, 2000, 2500, etc.) they didn't merit their concern. Except, of course, to blame Bush.

And if the rest of the world doesn't like it, TOUGH! They're not the ones getting murdered by terrorists. Well, not yet, anyway. They're not the ones being hit by state-sponsored Islamofascists. For the moment. However, many other countries (America, Bali, Germany, Saudi Arabia, England, India, Spain, etc.) have. Of those, only America and England have had the guts to engage in self-defense. Must really honk the lib/dem/soc/commies off big-time.

Nevertheless, what of Slick Willie and his "promise"? Sure, he was talking to a bunch of Jews at a fundraiser. Sure, he wanted cash. Sure, he wanted to look good. I'm certain he even bit his lower lip and forced an on-command tear every once in a while during that event. But he's also a former President. A man whose word should mean something. Yes, yes, I know I'm talking about a Clinton here, but in the ABSTRACT, his word should mean something more than "give me your cash" or "let me cop a feel" or "you should probably put some ice on that".

Ditzy Dean, the former governor and current DNC chairman, actually had the audacity to say that we wouldn't be in this current situation in the Middle East if we had followed the "moral authority" of Bill Clinton. Two words which should never be uttered in the same sentence with any amount of seriousness. Moral Authority is the LAST thing that can be expected of Bill Clinton. Or, for that matter, Ditzy Dean, Teddy the Hutt, the Hildebeast, Jean François Kerrée, Nancy bin Pelosi, or most any other lib/dem/soc/commie. Okay, I'll give Moral Authority props to Joe Lieberman, but he's one of the very very few.

If Israel is truly an ally of America, why hasn't Clinton gotten on to the next flight to Tel Aviv (sans Secret Service -- they didn't promise to defend Israel, Slick Willie did), put on some camo, pick up an Uzi and start defending her? I'm sure his wife wouldn't mind -- after all, if he saves lives over there, she's a hero in her presidential bid. If he is killed, even better for her -- not only is she a hero, but also a widow, and therefore a victim who cannot be questioned by anybody. Further, she'd shed all of that political baggage he provides without recourse to a messy divorce. Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't darted him with chlorpromazine and FedEx'd his sorry butt to a defensive position on the Israel/Lebanon border by now.

Of course, this is all a moot point. Bill Clinton was, and ever shall be, a liar of the first degree. He said what he said back then for money. This makes Bill Clinton a whore of the worst kind -- one that takes the cash and doesn't deliver the goodies. Nothing new there, I suppose, but it's kind of nice to see it illustrated so graphically.

Yet you'll only see it illustrated here. As far as I know, not one MSM outlet has brought up Clinton's statement from four years ago. That's not surprising -- since they didn't really cover it when he MADE the statement. Nevertheless, it would be nice to see Bill Clinton actually keep his promises and stick to his word. For the novelty factor, if nothing else. It would also be nice to see the MSM try to hold a politician to account that isn't a rep/con/tair, while allowing all manner of lies, obfuscations, flip-flops and other crapola from the lib/dem/soc/commies.

So, Mr. Clinton, send us a post card from an Israeli ditch. Defend our ally with more than just words. Keep your promise (well, except maybe for the dying part -- you should do your best to stay alive, just to honk off your wife!). Pick up a rifle, kill a few terrorists, and make the world a safer, better place.

And then, we'll remind you of the irony that you couldn't be bothered to do the same thing for OUR country, you draft-dodging bastard.

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

ADV: "I HAVEN'T HAD A GLASS OF WATER IN 20 YEARS." Drinking tons of water is great...if you want to raise your stroke risk, bring on kidney failure, and encourage early Alzheimer's. This is just one example of how MASS MEDIA MEDICINE is ruining our health. YOU CAN LIVE LONG and LOVE every minute of IT! http://www.isecureonline.com/Reports/RHB/W6RHG603/

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The Israelis know that if the Iraqi or the Iranian army came across the Jordan River, I would personally grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die."

And yet, when the North Vietnamese poured over the DMZ and down the Ho Chi Minh Trail into South Viet Nam, ol' Slick Willy was nowhere to be found, other than playing in England and Moscow.

I guess there were no Vietnamese fund raisers at that time. Confused
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good one Doc. Humorous writiing style while disseminating serious subject matter. Reading just doesn't get any better than that.

Dusty
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Another good one Doc. Humorous writiing style while disseminating serious subject matter. Reading just doesn't get any better than that.

Dusty

Thanks, Dusty. I appreciate it.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a gem, Doc.

I'm getting flashbacks from all this talk of "proportional response". Wasn't Robert Strange McNamara the master of "proportional response" and "graduated escalation"?

-Wlm Shakespeare
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
That's a gem, Doc.

I'm getting flashbacks from all this talk of "proportional response". Wasn't Robert Strange McNamara the master of "proportional response" and "graduated escalation"?

I remember our old friend Robert Strange McNamara well. My mother almost bought one of his Edsels, but went for a Mercury instead.

I served on a ship personally designed by him. He changed the class design from twin engines and screws to a single engine and screw and cut out a large section in the middle of the ship to save costs. The result was a very slow, top heavy, ineffective ship. The entire class was a total waste of taxpayer money. The class was retired before other older ships. It would have been much better to leave the design alone and cut out one or two of the total number of ships in the class for cost savings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: