SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few months behind, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: A few months behind, but... Reply with quote

Here is a website I accidentally ran across searching for some of Gary Larson's work: http://democracyfrontline.org/blog/index.php?p=247

When I first saw the name of the website, I thought it to be another type of KOS or something similar.. but that was not the case. I didn't read the whole page and I don't know their political side.. but from what I read.. I think there are many members here who pretty much agree with what's said on this site.
Idea

Quote:
Eman:-
Welcome. If you truly understand the subtleties and nuances of the free exchange of ideas, then you will continue to have a voice here and be heard. But this site will not be open to you to propagandise.

Please understand, we am NOT ignorant of Islam or the Koran, and so my comments come from a position of some considerable knowledge. I am also well-versed in the history and achievements of the combined Judeo-Christian world. (I lived in S.E.Asia for 10 years, amongst Muslims, so I am not myopic, either.)
That is the “background” of my reply to you, and sets the tone. The written word cannot communicate emotion or attitude well, so I feel I must state:
I really DO want to have a dialogue with you. I do not intend to resort to propaganda, rhetoric… or insult. Will you offer the same?

You asked if “we” were “feeling good when you see muslims offended by disrespecting their prophet….!!!!!!!!”

In light of the many, many thousands - yes, thousands - of “insults” to my culture, my beliefs, my nations sovereignty, my freedoms, which have resulted in mayhem and death, then yes, there is some satisfaction in watching your less educated “brothers” demonstrate their intolerance, ignorance and rabid hate. They prove our point for us, which must cause moderates like you to question THEM, surely?
I have seen the cartoons. First, they are very amatuerish and not very good. Secondly, to a western eye well used to the art of the cartoonist, they show no disrespect to anyone, but reflect the tradition of satire, which springs from free speech, something NOT available in most Islamic nations.
The cartoonist is limited. They have ONE drawing to summarise everything they wish to say, and showing Mohamed with a bomb in the turban….. is an analogy. Do you not understand that?
Who cannot draw some connection between Mohamed and modern Muslims?
Who cannot draw some connection between modern Muslims and terrorism?
I know YOU are not a terrorist (I hope) but how many terrorists are Muslim? The latest count of atrocities commited in the name of Islam is around the 4,500 mark, since 9/11. Remember, we in the West are aware of EACH and EVERY ONE of those murders. WE know.
Moderate Muslims claim Islam has been misconstrued by those terrorists, but they are Muslims and they DO COMMIT murder in Mohameds name, don’t they?
A drawing, poor as it is, which attempts to make the connection, is therefore not provocative, but truthful.
I would point out to you MY critique of those cartoons. I didn’t like them because they stated the obvious.

It is now fairly well established fact that an Imam from Denmark used fabricated and unpublished cartoons to incite this rage in Syria and Lebanon.
Do you understand that?? The cartoons used to incite these CRIMES were never published in Denmark. In fact, the only people who seem to have seen them are Muslim clerics.
Do you begin to see why we do not trust that these demonstrations are anything other than politically motivated riots, having little to do with an “insult” to your prophet and a whole lot more to do with POWER??

But this is all a bit off-track, really. The issue is a sense of proportion. Do you not see how these outrageously over-the-top reactions to some simple, rudimentary drawings makes Islam look, in the eyes of the West. You CLAIM to be a religion of peace, with peaceful intent, but we NEVER see this. What we see is burning buildings, beheaded hostages, exploding bodies.
Is this going to show us anything other than that Islam is NOT peaceful? THINK, man!

“if losing the sence of respect is the meaning of freedome in your countries then i dont think that we want to learn from you the profesional way of being journalists”
We are not journalists - we are concerned citizens with no journalistic background at all. I am a language teacher, for example, and I have taught literally hundreds of Muslim students.

“i prefare as muslim to see the objective and postive way of expressing and building a healthy and warm rolations with the west not offensive ways”
This is an admirable attitude that brings great credit to you. I would hope you are typical, not a minority.
Please understand Emam, this next sentence is NOT me being satirical or trying to offend you. It is a serious question, which I would like you to seriously consider.

Can you see that EVERYTHING Islam has been doing these past few years is an insult to “us” and that NOT ONE action of Islam can possibly be seen as building warm relations?? NOT ONE.
In many “westerners” all Islam has produced is fear and mistrust; amongst others,like the bloggers here, it has produced a determination that that sort of behaviour, WHATEVER THE REASON, will never be tolerated or accepted in our societies??
Why should we open our hearts and doors to you? WHY? What do we owe you?

“and here i was very astonished to see that the western world still mixing between real Islam and terourism”

What option do we have when we see the hatred your people direct at us, over the slightest occurences and the most mundane issues? You will have to forgive us if “we” interpret everything that happens, like this, as an excuse, and indicative of a determination to dominate us, not to establish “warm relations”.

I hope you can see, Emam, that from our perspective, Islam has the responsibility.
Europe, America (and Australia) have never “reached out” to Islam for help. Our experience is that Islamic people arrive in our countries, in droves, wanting the benefits of life in our cultures and economies, and then proceed to demand we turn our countries into the same tyrannical, despotic serfdoms YOU escaped from.
The responsibility is YOURS, Islam. We do not need you. WE did not seek you out. You have nothing to offer, and only one commodity to sell. By your mass migration to our shores you prove that you need us.
We will not change. Can Islam????

“despite every thing im very sorry about what happened in some of the embassies in Syeria and Lebanon.
open your minds dont be biased”

I suggest there are a few Syrians, Lebanese, Iranians etc, who need to open their minds, before we would consider them civilised enough to open discussions with them.
Reasonable, mate?

Comment by Gravelrash — February 6, 2006 @ 8:31 am
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting and well-written letter (I agree with it completely), and the blog you link is a surprisingly good one.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this letter represents a single opinion. I do not know nor have any way of knowing if this opinion is shared by a small minority or a silent majority. In any case, all I can see is the result of actions that stay in the news and media constantly, and these actions are all hate.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reread over it again, now that I've had some sleep... wow.. so much said in so few words... Too bad he's Australian, we (USA) could use him for the 'think tanks' Wink

edit:

I went back and did a little research on the blog and came to the conclusion that they are definately trying to protect The Republic of the U.S.A.

no qualms there Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: