SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What innocent civilians?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: What innocent civilians? Reply with quote

I'm hearing this ranting about Israel killing all these innocent civilians and it's got me wondering, what innocent civilians?
When the population supports and provides shelter for terrorists, just who exactly are these innocent civilians.
When rocket attacks into Israel are cheered in the streets and the bad guys are able to melt into the general population and that population does not decry their actions and instead aids and hides them then I maintain that the whole population is culpable.
I say it's time we stop coddling the root cause of this terrorism we are facing and start holding all who sypmathize with the terrorists responsible for empowering them and promoting their actions.
Until we take this step, we won't really get too far in this war on terror.

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, you have echoed my very thoughts.

I hear Shepherd Smith droning on about the "innocent" Lebanese when those Lebanese are responsible for giving free reign and legitimacy to Hamas. "Innocent" my butt...and the world knows it.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shepherd Smith is doing his Katrina thing again - Mr. Doom & Gloom.

I agree that there are no absolutely innocent civilians living around those Hezbollah hide-outs and other places they gather. Maybe there are various degrees of "innocence," but no absolute innocents.

You know, the more I watch and read how the media is reacting to all this - and the EU, too - it's almost like they think this is a sporting event, or at the most, a police raid. Proportional response might be fitting in those scenarios, but not in circumstances where someone is literally fighting for survival. So I've got to conclude that very few people really understand what war is anymore (or else they're in total denial).
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shepherd Smith makes Dan Blather look conservative Rolling Eyes CNN needs to take this guy into their fold. What a "drama queen".
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox News and George Bush seem to have a common problem. They are hated by the liberals for being extremely conservative and disliked by the true conservatives for being too liberal. It just shows the extreme polarization of the sides on issues.
Tex25
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/iceberg/857/

This vidoe will show you why civs are being "" killed. Hezbolla are launching there rockets from the middle of towns. Shouldn't the world condem Hezbolla for putting these civilans in danger instead of crying about Israel destroying the rockets. Or should Israel just leave all the rockets that are launched from towns and citys alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: