SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye to USA as we know it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

I don't understand HOW American citizens can sit back idly and watch while this country goes down the tubes.

Is it true that we are now nothing more than a country of fat, lazy, couch potatoes? That all we care about is the latest reality show garbage? (and don't they realize WHY networks are producing more and more of "those" shows - no actors to pay, no sets, etc = more profit)

Is it really true that people cast their vote based solely on what the candidate says and NOT on what the candidate has done (i.e., check their voting record)?

Do people really not understand that a presidential wannabe can promise anything he/she wants - CONGRESS has to approve it first? (stupid!) You can tell teachers you'll give them a big raise and reduce class size all you want - if Congress doesn't approve it, it WON'T HAPPEN! You can promise everybody you'll cut their taxes - if Congress doesn't approve it, it WON'T happen!

Do people really not understand that the media is NOT telling us everything? (and certainly not telling both sides to any given issue) That it's not just some wild conspiracy theory? Do a google search and read Ted Turner's essay, "My Beef with Big Media". It explains alot more than the media.

Do people really not understand that this is NOT about Vietnam? It's about the man's principles (lack thereof). It's about the fact that his Senate voting record is OPPOSITE everything he's proposing. It's about the fact that while he traveling around the country telling everyone that he's going to "punish big business for sending our jobs overseas" - his wife's company and source of HIS MILLIONAIRE LIFESTYLE - is one of the biggest culprits sending jobs overseas????? It's about the fact that he cries "foul" when an independent group of citizens makes derogatory statements about or questions his past - yet, cries "score" to the likes of Michael Moore and all of his slanderous lies (fact: Moore faked headlines) and even had Moore sitting with former President Carter during the DNC?

Excuse me sir, but WE are at war! Do we really need to be bashing our President all over the world like that? Didn't you learn your lesson about the consequences that such behavior can have on our troops over there?

Are people really okay with the fact that he says he has a Plan, but isn't going to tell us what it is until he gets elected??? SUPPOSE HIS PLAN IS COMMUNISM???? Too late then people!

And now this (below)! America should be AFRAID! AMERICA SHOULD BE VERY, VERY AFRAID!!!!

from WorldNetDaily - regarding the UN monitoring the US elections -

Previously, the 13 Democratic congressmen, led by Johnson, sent a letter July 8 to the U.N. general secretary requesting the presence of U.N. representatives in every county of the country during the voting process and any vote recount afterwards.

I simply cannot believe the state this country is in. I didn't think I would live long enough to see America fade away.....................
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

justamom wrote:
I didn't think I would live long enough to see America fade away.....................

At the risk of sounding self-important:

It hasn't yet. You're still here. I'm still here. The membership of this site has nearly doubled in the past week and the traffic and interest have been incredible.

The message is being heard. Also feared, hated, rejected, denied, attacked, spat on and threatened. But as long as it can be heard, America hasn't faded away.

And God willing, it never will.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
But as long as it can be heard, America hasn't faded away.

Well, people better wake up and start paying attention real fast -

John Kerry has already shown us what he will do with any message that he doesn't like or that casts him in a derogatory light. He's not even president, but consider the "letter" he and his attorneys sent to all the television stations threatening them if they aired the SwiftVets ad OR gave them air time!

IF Kerry manages to get elected, I fear we will only hear ONE message - his.

Wasn't that how Saddam was? People could ONLY say positive/good things about him?

Oh Dear God Help Us Please!
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

justamom wrote:
Scott wrote:

John Kerry has already shown us what he will do with any message that he doesn't like or that casts him in a derogatory light. He's not even president, but consider the "letter" he and his attorneys sent to all the television stations threatening them if they aired the SwiftVets ad OR gave them air time!

Wasn't that how Saddam was? People could ONLY say positive/good things about him?

In fact, John Kerry seems to psychologically fit the profile of a narcissist with quite a totalitarian streak.

FDL
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

justamom wrote:

More than one writer has commented that the less John Kerry says, the better he looks. The SwiftVets ad will be news, and will likely continue to be described as "controversial." However, the crushing of dissent message coming from the Kerry campaign is not going to sit well with honest Americans that don't follow Michael Moore around asking for autographs. They'd rather see the Kerry camp prove their case, and move on.

However, TehREHzah's "Shove it!" and John's "I'm a jen-yoo-wahn wah hee-rah (but don't ask any embarassing questions, dammit!)" memes are starting to sound pretty obnoxious and arrogant. And I don't think there's any more positive or meaningful message there.

The more obnoxious and arrogant they get, the better. And the more likely that Kerry will be beaten like a drum in November, just like George McGovern was.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justamom...you may be interested in knowing that Kerry and Ted Turner are in lock step concerning big Media. In fact the guy that is 2nd in command on FOX, who btw is opposite the political spectrum of Merdock, is a big supporter of Kerry's. He is opposed to "big media".

I like you bought into the idea that "big media" was a bad thing, figuring that then you have only one source of information and that can be used to manipulate things the way they want.

But alas, I recall economics 101 and applied them and the opposite is true. In this country things are driven by a FREE MARKET. Look what has happened to MA Bell since the phone company thing was deregulated. Having a government agency dictate how many of anything there can be is always bad. It limits competition on one hand and insures the existance of things the public really doesn't want on the other.

When the free market is allowed to work, if the public doesn't like it, doesn't want it, doesn't need it it will die. Do you think that if media were regulated like Turner etc. wants that the Swifties would have a prayer of ever getting on the air? There would be NOTHING to hold the media to task. As it is, we do hold the reins. We just don't give them the heeve-ho often enough.
grateful_american_woman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justamom,

I'm also just a mom, and I understand it can be easy to get disheartened, but what you need to do is to remain active. I'm sure there are meetups in your area that you can get involved with, get involved with campaigning for local officials as well as others, get the word out about kerry. Working with like-minded people can help alleviate your concerns.

There are more people like you than you think, a lot of them are just too busy to notice what is going on. MAKE THEM NOTICE.
sullitms
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
justamom wrote:
Scott wrote:

In fact, John Kerry seems to psychologically fit the profile of a narcissist with quite a totalitarian streak.

FDL

That's why he is loved by the liberals. The typical theme to liberalism is there is no right and wrong and not judging others moral cores. That doesn't fly in this country. We have rules that decent Americans must abide by. They want to blur the lines between right and wrong to justify their own behavior. I hope we can recapture the America of old.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US survived Jimmy Carter. If Kerry is elected, it won't be pretty, but the US will be able to survive him too.

I certainly hope Kerry isn't elected though, and will voted accordingly.
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy wrote:
The US survived Jimmy Carter. If Kerry is elected, it won't be pretty, but the US will be able to survive him too.

I certainly hope Kerry isn't elected though, and will voted accordingly.

Are you taking into account that the US is currently at war?

Jimmeh's biggest problem was a revolution in Iran...and I, for one, remember Desert One!

Question
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI I'm an american mom too, and my son served in KoSoVo and I'm proud of what the swift vets are doing.
I have read here on the board and saw on Fox that the DNC is threating people who play the ad. Well sean hanity played it. and one of the vets was on Fox and freinds Friday am. They did not play the ad, but alluded to it and i thought it was very good. Is fox not afraid and forging on? Is anyone else major playing it?
I agree with mom, it is scary that Kerry can have this much control and he is not even pres. How are the TV and radio stations reacting to this threat? surely they must see this for what it is, an attempt to limit information. They would neve put up with this normally.
weds
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Navy Navy posted this earlier:
http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20040806.asp#1

It's very long, but well worth the read! It answers your questions regarding how the media is reacting. (Exactly the way we've come to expect our liberal media to react!)

Oh, about the Ted Turner "piece" I referred to earlier - you have to read it to understand. Normally I dismiss anything coming from him (considering he's become such a wacko...) But, in this piece he explains in a lot of detail the inner workings of "big media"; things the general public isn't aware of that influence/determine what is shown, what is said, etc. He also explains how and why "big government" loves their "big media".

It appeared in Washington Monthly's July/August 2004 issue - http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2004/0407.turner.html

It was quite an education for me!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

The message is being heard. Also feared, hated, rejected, denied, attacked, spat on and threatened.

Deja Vu...just like the original home coming for the Vets, plus 30 years.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye to USA as we know it? Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
Scott wrote:

The message is being heard. Also feared, hated, rejected, denied, attacked, spat on and threatened.

Deja Vu...just like the original home coming for the Vets, plus 30 years.

Deja Vu' is RIGHT!

It's starting already - it started with the anti-war protests against the action in Afghanistan. Please visit www.protestwarrior.com for proof.

"We support our troops when they shoot their officers"

DU endorsed the sending of care packages to soldiers and getting their trust and then sending them anti-war literature and pictures of dead babies, propaganda against Bush and Cheney, etc. Encouraging soldiers to refuse to follow orders and promising legal/financial help with the consequences of such refusals. Trying to undermine support from the mission from within.

Already there have been instances of soldiers being called terrible names and recieving human excrement and other vile contents in their "care packages."

The anti-soldier attitude never left the anti-war movement. They adopted a facade that says, "Support the Troops" but only with the addendum that you must not support the war. Hello???? If you don't support their mission, you aren't supporting THEM!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New war same old B.S.!

Then & Now: Universities were the incubator for anti-war protesters...most professors were left wing. While that still remains true today I think many of the students are decidely conservative.

Then & Now: Media was decidely left wing. Now we have satellite and FOX News and talk radio...so maybe this time the RIGHT message will be aired.

Then & Now: Our enemies knew how to turn public opinion against our country...they still do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: