SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: President Bush Reply with quote

Mr. Karnish (journalist): Mr. President, will you condemn the latest attack ad by a group called the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?

President Bush: Well, Karnish...I think it would set a dangerous and chilling precedent if the POTUS decided to condemn the free speech of the American people.

Karnish: So you won't condemn the ad?

President Bush: Let me say this...and you know that I have been on the receiving end of some serious allegations and I've never suggested that those views be condemned or CENSORED. What I say is let the American people debate and decide for themselves. Let both sides come to the forefront and put forward their best arguments...And Mr. Karnish...there is little doubt that the media has a great and important responsibility in facilitating these debates. It's the American WAY!

Mr. Karish: YOU WON'T CONDEMN THE AD?

Mr. President: Men who fought and shed blood for the freedom to express their views and the views of millions of fellow Americans should NEVER be condemned!

end of fantasy excerpt
Support Our Troops!
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will John Kerry condemn the calumny of Bush from the lips of Terry McAuliffe? Or is criticism of how Bush conducted himself in the National Guard relevant, while criticism of how Kerry conducted himself in Vietnam irrelevant?
thank-u-vets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Mr. Kerry, You Asked for This Reply with quote

Visit Chronwatch.com for some good articles concerning this ad.

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=8922
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fantasies aside, I feel the White House is very wise with their actual responses.

We have said all along we will not discuss Mr. Kerry's Vietnam Service and continue in that stance.

Note: Kerry hasn't reciprocated.
SOLDIER
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the goal of the swift vets here? and why is this attack so overwhelming against kerry? I dont get it honestly. I think We should compair records.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLDIER, I believe it's a good practice to read a while before jumping into discussions on any bulletin board - long-standing practice that helps you get your bearings.

Please read through our archives and use the search function at the top of page to get a better feel for the topics most discussed here. You may find the answers to your questions have already been answered. (Some of them many times.)

Thanks,
mattv_ct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLDIER wrote:
whats the goal of the swift vets here? and why is this attack so overwhelming against kerry? I dont get it honestly. I think We should compair records.

Kerry betrayed the soldiers in Vietnam performing their duty with integrity and heroism. Kerry opted out of his duty in order to stab in the back the very men protecting your right to question their motives. Kerry betrayed America, betrayed the South Vietnamese, betrayed his fellow soldiers and now wants a chance to do it again. Mark my words, if Kerry is elected to the office of President, he will betray all of us (you included). Does that clear it up for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: