SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VVLF: Litigation terminated
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: VVLF: Litigation terminated Reply with quote

kudos to the VVLF for pursuing this!

yahoo news
Press Release
Source: Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation
Quote:

Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation: Veterans Sue Kerry Associates
Tuesday October 10, 2006

PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- The ongoing battle over the truth of alleged war crimes and atrocities committed by Americans in the Vietnam War moves to a Philadelphia courtroom this week.

An action filed in Philadelphia's Common Pleas Court today by a group of highly decorated veterans and POWs may finally hold Massachusetts Senator John Kerry and his allies accountable for the allegations they have propagated over the past 35 years.

The suit was filed on behalf of Carlton A. Sherwood, a Pulitzer Prize- winning reporter, and the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation (VVLF), an organization of highly decorated Vietnam Veterans and POWs created to educate the public about the Vietnam War and the men and women who sacrificed to serve their country. The suit was filed against Kenneth J. Campbell and Jon Bjornson, two associates and aides of Kerry's during the 2004 presidential campaign, both of whom are Vietnam Veterans and longtime anti-war activists.

The suit seeks to recover legal fees and other costs associated with Sherwood and the VVLF's defense against legal actions brought by Kerry's associates. Those actions claimed that "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal," a film documenting the impact of John Kerry's allegations against POWs, defamed them by challenging their assertions and those of John Kerry that they personally committed or witnessed other U.S. Servicemen engage in war crimes. Those actions were suddenly withdrawn this summer.

During the 2004 campaign, top Kerry campaign officials circulated memos seeking to silence the film and used the Campbell and Bjornson lawsuit as a threat against at least one Philadelphia-area theater to not show the film. That theater ended up canceling the showing just before it was to be viewed. At the time the suit was withdrawn, The Legal Intelligencer (July 13, 2006) reported that the lawyer for Kerry's associates had said that bringing the suit had accomplished their goals of gaining publicity and stopping the film from being shown.

The suits by Kerry's associates were suddenly dropped earlier this year just as they and several of their allies faced depositions under oath and subpoenas of their military records.

"It was a frivolous lawsuit," said VVLF Chairman Colonel George E. "Bud" Day, a former POW and Medal of Honor recipient and a practicing attorney. "It was an abuse of the legal process and we intend to prove it. Our justice system is based on the truth and we never got an opportunity to hear the truth because they quickly pulled the plug on their lawsuit just as the facts were about to be exposed. Yet they forced us to spend tens of thousands of dollars to defend against a lawsuit they knew was bogus," said Colonel Day.

The countersuit by the veterans of the VVLF and Sherwood will give the opportunity to prove that the original action by Kerry associates Campbell and Bjornson was frivolous and expose another layer of truth about what really happened in Vietnam.

Last edited by kate on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kate....thanks for the heads-up! I certainly hadn't anticipated Carlton Sherwood and the VVLF initiating a lawsuit to recover costs incurred.

My bet is that Kerry will never let this get to trial and Campbell and Bjornsen petition for an out-of-court settlement which will probably be court-ordered.

Nice to think that our recycled Sherwood/VVLF donations may get a second opportunity to set both the Kerry and Vietnam record straight.

Bumping this up to the top too Wink

P.S. Anyone have an e-mail for Taranto? He'd get some good mileage out of this especially in light of Kerry's most recent "butt-kicking" bravado.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:

P.S. Anyone have an e-mail for Taranto? He'd get some good mileage out of this especially in light of Kerry's most recent "butt-kicking" bravado.

This one is for tips to "Best of The Web Today"
mailto:opinionjournal@wsj.com
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty frickin' wild! Yay baby! Sic 'em!
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Monkey's Paw Reply with quote

Asked if he dreads the prospect of being “Swift-Boated” all over again, Kerry counters that he would relish such a fight.

“I’m prepared to kick their ass from one end of America to the other,” he declares. “I am so confident of my abilities to address that and to demolish it and to even turn it into a positive.”

GLAD WE WERE ABLE TO OBLIGE YOU SO SOON, JOHNNY BOY!

Signed,
Swiftly Yours,
Smith
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how he's gonna feel having to take on vets of all five branches of the services?

Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines & Navy. Hm...sounds like a mjor butt kicking for him, *chuckle*.

Last edited by streetsweeper95B on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great News! and how I love 'October Surprises'...
Now, we can only hope that the defendants
can get their buddy sKerry on the witness stand
to testify on their behalf!
Time for those 35 year old Lies to be put to death!
You guys made my day! Pray this action doesn't
fall on the desk of one of those liberal judges we
keep hearing about! where the US Court becomes
the Theater of the Absurd! Can't wait for sKerry's
"a$$-kicking" in the City of Brotherly Love!...Hope
there's plenty-o-room in that Courtroom!

Deuce
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
Quote:
I just checked on donating and the link say that SwiftVets are not accepting
donations. Also I got a message about an out of date security certificate.

The lawsuit was filed by Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation, VVLF. If you recall they were formed by some of the Swifties and POW headed by Bud Day. If you don't remember that, go to the home page at this site for more information.

Any way dontations to support the law suit shold be made at the VVLF site. Their donation page is working, I just made another donation.

There donation link is:

https://www.vvlf.org/donate.php

Moderator: I posted this message on a thread below, but thought it would be appropriate here also. Please delete as you deem proper

streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JN!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: sKerry sued! Reply with quote

It's long past time for this lawsuit.
My wife, not particularly conservative, still has a glint in her eye when she asks about how Kerry got an honorable discharge.
And how he managed to cop three purple hearts in a little over four months.
And about what medals did he receive, really?

sKerry has never released all of his records. Where is that SF 180?
1) It is beyond dispute that Lt. Kerry was a huge liability to his command in Vietnam. Loose cannon is the best description I can think of. He would not follow orders. He would not carry out the assignments he was given. He was a hot dog, making videos of himself instead of preparing for his next mission. Ugh. I'd like to see his unexpurgated FitReps.
2) There is no doubt that his personnel folder was flagged "PI". He had big-time contacts in the Congress.
3) Because of his political connections he could not be relieved of command, as would be the case with an officer without political connections.
4) It was a clever move of his superiors to get him out of theater for non-courts martial reasons. An accusation of violating the UCMJ would have met with a firestorm under the Capitol dome. He committed numerous violations of the UCMJ (and that is just from what we know from the records which have been released).
5) Following his negotiations (!) with the North Vietnamese and the Vietcong in Paris, it is equally obvious that Nixon got his file, found the "PI" label, and decided to put him out of the service quietly.
6) It is no wonder Kerry will not release his records. The general discharge which he received while Nixon was President is a BIG BLACK MARK.
7) That he had his discharge upgraded to Honorable is just another black mark on the reputation of President Carter, the worst president in our history.
Cool The continued rewriting of his Silver Star (with V for Valor (!)) shows his continued need to use his military service for political reasons, which reasons are totally unrelated to valor, or, indeed, to military service or love of country in the first place.
9) Where are all those written documents which discredit all that the SwiftVets have claimed? I am a news junkie, and I have never seen a single assertion disproved. Where has all of this disproof been hidden? Is it (dare I say) hidden in a pumpkin patch? All that I have heard has been big lie denial, with the hope that if the lie is repeated often enough it will be believed.
10) His testimony before Congress should have immediately led to a general court. He personally testified to being a war criminal, and should still be breaking rocks at Leavenworth.

Let Lt. Sen. Boston Blueblood Married-Rich (x2) John Forbes (Fitzgerald) Kerry bring it on!

Biased? Me? No way.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the missing particulars in Kerry's records, the one that, I think, intrigues me most is the missing Page 1 of LCDR Joseph Streuli's (CO, Coastal 13) Kerry fitrep. Well, missing until it magically and purportedly re-appeared with the issuance of Kerry's SF180 to the "Chosen 3", yet no one other than those 3, to my knowledge, has seen it yet.

There is little doubt in my mind that Kerry buried that Page 1...for reasons unknown at this point. In fact, it appears that he took great pains to conceal the fact that it was missing by mis-sequencing his fitrep presentation so that Page 1 of George Elliot's subsequent fitrep (which, instead, FOLLOWED Elliot's Page 2!!!!) preceded the Streuli Page 2 (see pp. 22,23,24 - you can still see this at Findlaw.com, which hosts, I believe, a copy of the same fitrep presentation that Kerry offered at JohnKerry.com).

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and should still be breaking rocks at Leavenworth.

Good call mathman.
This is something I've been saying for 30 yrs. I've just about given up on justice being served on John Kerry.
If we can't get him behind bars, maybe at least we can get he and his henchmen publicly disgraced.
I'm on the way to make another donation.

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VVLF, as co-plaintiff with Carlton Sherwood and Red, White and Blue Productions, Inc., has made available several documents relating to their recently filed "Wrongful Use/Other" lawsuit against Kenneth Campbell and Jon Bjornson...

kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting those documents Me#1, interesting read.

Those interested, can follow the court filings
Quote:
Case ID: 061001011
Case Caption: SHERWOOD ETAL VS CAMPBELL ETAL
Filing Date: Tuesday , October 10th, 2006
Court: JS - MAJOR JURY-STANDARD
Jury: J - JURY
Case Type: 2E - WRONGFUL USE OF CIVIL PROCESS

Go to >
Philly Court of Common Pleas
http://courts.phila.gov/

Then select >
On line services
Search civil dockets
Display civil docket report
(accept disclaimer)
Enter Case ID: 061001011
Scroll down the page for any case activity

ie Latest:
Quote:
17-NOV-2006
11:49 AM PROBJ - PRELIMINARY OBJECTIONS FILED CLOTHIER,III, ROBERT C Docket Entry: PLFS' PRELIMINARY OBJECTIONS TO PRELIMINARY OBJECTIONS FILED BY DEFENDANTS.

17-NOV-2006
11:49 AM ANPRO - ANSWER TO PRELIMINARY OBJCTNS CLOTHIER,III, ROBERT C Docket Entry: PLFS' ANSWER TO PRELIMINARY OBJECTIONS FILED BY DEFENDANTS.

17-NOV-2006
04:06 PM DPROB - MOTION TO DETERMINE P.O. FILED

go to the VVLF website to view any new documents posted www.vietnamlegacy.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: