SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC Trying to Block report showing Anti-Israeli Bias

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: BBC Trying to Block report showing Anti-Israeli Bias Reply with quote

Well, this is interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/10/15/nbeeb15.xml

The BBC has spent thousands of pounds of licence payers' money trying to block the release of a report which is believed to be highly critical of its Middle East coverage.

The corporation is mounting a landmark High Court action to prevent the release of The Balen Report under the Freedom of Information Act, despite the fact that BBC reporters often use the Act to pursue their journalism.

The action will increase suspicions that the report, which is believed to run to 20,000 words, includes evidence of anti-Israeli bias in news programming.

What a surprise!
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: From BBC to BA Reply with quote

telegraph.co.uk
Won't be flying BA again. Oddly enough, I fly Middle East airlines such as Emirates and Gulf Air without seeing any of this nonsense. The UK is definitely looking sicker by the day.

long link converted/kate
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: From BBC to BA Reply with quote

Bob51 wrote:
Won't be flying BA again. Oddly enough, I fly Middle East airlines such as Emirates and Gulf Air without seeing any of this nonsense. The UK is definitely looking sicker by the day.

Of course you're free to express your disdain with the BBC in a manner that gives you some satisfaction, but it strikes me as a bit of a stretch to pummel BA in that regard. We have no better ally in the world than Great Britain, and they have their cross to bear with the BBC just as we have ours with PBS and other elements of the dinosaur media.

In fact, were destinations served by BA in my travel plans, I think I'd go out of my way to patronize them...but whatever floats yer boat I guess.
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems I'm not alone in reacting to anti-Christian bias:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2006-10/16/05.shtml

Quote:
IslamOnline.net & News Agencies

LONDON/BERLIN — British Airways, the flag carrier, is facing boycott threats from devout Christians in and outside Britain for not allowing an employee to show her cross necklace.

"If this decision isn't reversed by tomorrow evening - I'm going to cut up my frequent flyer card - and send it to BA so they know why I've done it," former Home Office Minister Ann Widdecombe told the BBC's Heaven and Earth program.

"And in future - until the decision is reversed, I shall not use BA."

"As far as I'm concerned, this is religious discrimination and I don't think Christians have to take it."

Joining a growing chorus of condemnation, Northern Ireland Secretary Peter Hain on Sunday, October 15, rubbished the BA's decision as "loopy".

Eweida is now considering legal action on the grounds of religious discrimination and is being backed by her union, the Transport and General Workers Union.

Widdecombe urged other devout Christians to join her in a mass boycott that would inflict huge commercial damage on the business.

She said one option would be for Christians to write to the company's chief executive.

"But the real power will be their economic power - don't fly BA," she told the BBC.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob51 wrote:
Well, it seems I'm not alone in reacting to anti-Christian bias:

Oops Embarassed I should have clicked your link before responding. I assumed that it related to the topic title. That is, indeed, a troubling story and I misunderstood your motivation.

Looks like BA stepped on it badly and I concur with any demonstration that brings that reality home to them.
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we know:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=411846&in_page_id=1770

Quote:
the BBC is dominated by trendy, Left-leaning liberals who are biased against Christianity and in favour of multiculturalism.

Quote:
executives would let the Bible be thrown into a dustbin on a TV comedy show, but not the Koran, and that they would broadcast an interview with Osama Bin Laden if given the opportunity.

Quote:
BBC executives admitted the corporation is dominated by homosexuals and people from ethnic minorities, deliberately promotes multiculturalism, is anti-American, anti-countryside and more sensitive to the feelings of Muslims than Christians.

Quote:
much of it is so deeply embedded in the BBC's culture, that it is very hard to change it.

Quote:
'The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias.

Quote:
Washington correspondent Justin Webb said that the BBC is so biased against America that deputy director general Mark Byford had secretly agreed to help him to 'correct', it in his reports. Webb added that the BBC treated America with scorn and derision and gave it 'no moral weight'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: